Walt Disney World for Adults: Epcot Edition
Let’s talk about my absolute favorite theme park in the world.
Particularly, Epcot for adults.
Yeah, we’re going there today.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Thank you!
What is Epcot?
Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and has always been thought of as Walt Disney World more adult friendly theme park. Epcot’s approach has been to take the present and create the future we want to have.
This has been done through Future World highlighting technological advances of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Whereas World Showcase goal is to highlight learning and living with people of other cultures.
ORDER NOW to secure your ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY DISNEY TICKETS!
This article will answer why Epcot is for grown-ups with the following common questions:
- How much does Epcot cost?
- Are there any tips for adults going to Epcot?
- What is there to do at Epcot for adults?
- Is Epcot fun for adults?
- What are the Epcot must do’s for adults?
- How can I do Epcot in a day?
- What are the best rides, attractions, shows, dining, and annual events at Epcot for Adults?
- Is there a list of all the Epcot Attractions?
- How many countries does Epcot have?
- What are the countries in Epcot?
- Where are the best places to drink in Epcot?
- What are the must do drinks at Epcot?
- Where can I find alcoholic beverages in Epcot?
There aren’t many thrill rides here, but the rides at Epcot come with more of a purpose then what you will see in other Disney theme parks.
The classic dark rides, the theatrical entertainment, and the seasonal events are great for a more mature audience.
This isn’t to say that kids won’t enjoy Epcot.
But a lot more adults truly love and enjoy it and I’m TOTALLY not being biased…
…well maybe I am.
Either way it goes, you’ll have fun planning your Walt Disney World trip to Epcot.
Now let’s get into the most common questions I’m asked when it comes to going to Epcot as an adult.
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What are tips for adults going to Epcot?
1 – Get to the park before it opens.
I mention this tip in almost every post because it is very important. Especially if you’re coming to any of the central Florida theme parks.
Plus, you will be able to get a jump start on your adult adventure at Epcot. Starting out in Future World and moving on to World Showcase for drinks and treats.
Read how to find your perfect vacation home rental near Disney World by Clicking HERE!
2 – Be sure to check out the crowd calendar.
The calendar gives you an estimation of peak times at the Epcot throughout the year. Beware, its times can change and is not always 100% accurate, but it gives you a general idea of the park’s busyness.
3 – Plan out your day using the Disney FastPass+ system.
This system allows you to book up to three attractions before you arrive to the park. FastPass+ ensures that you can ride the top attractions on your list without feeling like you’ve missed anything.
4 – Download the Walt Disney World park app and purchase tickets online.
The Disney app allows you to make your FastPass+ reservations before your visit. You can book FastPasses while you’re in the park.
The app will allow you to book dining arrangements within the app.
Tickets are also cheaper when you purchase them online.
5 – Dress comfy but stylish.
Make sure you have a good pair of sneakers, a light-weight t-shirt, shorts, and a hat to block the Florida sun. You’ll want to remain stylish.
After all, we are ThemeParkHipsters!
Plus, you want your pictures to be memorable.
6 – Have water on hand.
The must bring item is water. The Florida heat and humidity is hard to describe to out of town guests who are used to milder temperatures.
The Florida summer heat and sometimes the early fall heat can affect someone who’s not used to it.
7 – Don’t be afraid to ask a cast member for help.
Disney cast members are some of the best people who are around to help. They like to service each guest the Disney way. In the mist of helping, they sometimes do what’s called “plussing” your day.
Which adds more Disney magic to your day at Epcot.
8 – Go during the weekday.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be the quieter and less crowded days at Epcot.
You can get the full breakdown on which month to visit Walt Disney World here.
9 – Pace yourself when it comes to drinking.
I’ve wrote a whole article called the Do’s and Don’ts of Drinking at Epcot. I was inspired to talk about this topic because, I’ve seen some crazy alcohol induced shenanigans at Epcot.
Due to the many drink options, you definitely want to have a game plan.
You want to prepare your body for eating and drinking alcohol. Stay hydrated, take your vitamin b supplements, and keep water and snacks on deck.
10 – Walk through each pavilion thoroughly.
Each World Showcase pavilion has lots of nooks and crannies to discover.
If you’re sticking to the main path of the World Showcase circle, you will miss so many of the amazing experiences each country has to offer.
What is there to do at Epcot for adults?
The cultural learning aspect of Epcot is what attracts many adults. Not to mention the top Disney attractions such as Soarin Around the World, Frozen Ever After, and Test Track.
These heavy hitting attractions are adult favorites.
There are also loads of exquisite food and incredible booze to try. It’s a perk for adults who are not into the whole edutainment aspect of Epcot.
You can be there to eat all day and drink all day and still not try every delicious option Epcot has to offer. Epcot food is outstanding and far beyond your standard theme park food.
You also experience the Wine Walk, which is one of Epcot’s hidden gems that’s perfect for adults.
Let’s not forget Epcot International Food and Wine Festival…an adult’s paradise!
This annual event brings in so many fans from around the world. It has started to develop its own cult following.
A following similar to the famous Dole Whip.
Is Epcot fun for adults?
Did I even need to answer this question?
Of all the Disney parks, Epcot is probably the most adult friendly and fun park to discover. It’s for young adults, seasoned adults, drinking travelers, and foodie experts.
I always have fun at Epcot, even on scorching days.
Epcot is one of those parks where there’s no pressure. You just enjoy yourself.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
What are the Epcot must do’s for adults?
One of my favorite things to do at Epcot is to ride Living with the Land in the morning before the park gets busy.
It’s a true classic Disney ride and I usually have a boat to myself. A very peaceful adult thing to do.
Another thing I like to do is to sit in the garden section towards the back part of the UK Pavilion. I usually have a drink from the Rose & Crown Pub, such as the Leaping Leprechaun or a nice cider.
It allows you to sit back and absorb the Disney vibe.
Sometimes I have a nice Disney book to accompany me and other times I just put on my headphones and listen to a Disney Pandora station.
You must also country hop as an adult in Epcot!
There is nothing like it.
The various countries are immersive and offer so much educational information about each culture.
Another must do is to get your passport stamped in each country while enjoying World Showcase with a glass of your favorite wine.
How Many Days do You Need for Epcot?
Epcot can be done in one day!
However, if you truly want to explore all the nooks and crannies of the park, then you’ll need two days.
How Can I do Epcot in a Day (for Adults)?
- Download park map and guide.
- Book FastPass+ prior to vacation.
- Get a photo in front of Spaceship Earth.
- Ride Soarin’ Around the World and Living with the Land.
- Ride with Figment.
- Explore the Seas with Nemo & Friends.
- Ride Mission: SPACE and Test Track.
- Have lunch at La Cantina de San Angel
- Ride the Three Caballeros
- Have a margarita at La Cava Del Tequila.
- Ride the Frozen Ever After Attraction.
- Watch Reflections of China theater show.
- Explore the Germany Pavilion.
- Do the Wine Walk.
- Discover the Italy Pavilion.
- Watch The American Adventure theater show.
- Walk around the Japan Pavilion.
- Visit the Morocco Pavilion.
- Watch Impressions de France.
- Walk through the shops of the United Kingdom Pavilion.
- Watch the new Canadian theater show.
- Ride Spaceship Earth.
- Watch fireworks show.
Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
Must do Entertainment and Shows at Epcot
- Impressions de France
- Canada: Far and Wide
- Mariachi Cobre
- Illuminations Reflections of Earth*Rumored to be leaving soon..
The Must Do Epcot Dining Experiences
- Les Chef de France
- Restaurant Marrakesh
- Garden Grill Restaurant
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Frozen Dessert Party
You can read the best Epcot restaurants here!
Must Do Events at Epcot
Complete List of Epcot Attractions
- Advanced Training Lab, Future World
- American Heritage Gallery, World Showcase
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery, World Showcase
- British Revolution, World Showcase
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360, World Showcase
- Coral Reefs, Future World
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival, Future World
- Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, Multiple Locations
- Frozen Ever After, World Showcase
- Gallery of Arts and History, World Showcase
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros, World Showcase
- House of the Whispering Willows, World Showcase
- Fireworks, World Showcase
- Impressions de France, World Showcase
- Innoventions, Future World
- JAMMitors at Future World East, Future World
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats, World Showcase
- Journey into Imagination with Figment, Future World
- Kidcot Fun Stops, World Showcase
- Living with the Land, Future World
- Mariachi Cobre, World Showcase
- Matsuriza, World Showcase
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery, World Showcase
- Mission: SPACE, Future World
- Project Tomorrow: Inventing the Wonders of the Future, Future World
- Reflections of China, World Showcase
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician, World Showcase
- Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro, World Showcase
- Sea Turtles – Disney Animal Encounters, Future World
- SeaBase – Disney Animal Encounters, Future World
- Sergio- Streetmosphere, World Showcase
- Serveur Amusant- Streetmosphere, World Showcase
- Sharks and Stingrays – Disney Animal Encounters, Future World
- Soarin’ Around the World, Future World
- Spaceship Earth, Future World
- Stave Church Gallery, World Showcase
- Test Track, Future World
- The American Adventure, World Showcase
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends, Future World
- Turtle Talk with Crush, Future World
- Voices of Liberty, World Showcase
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own Epcot Passport below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Where can you find alcoholic beverages in Epcot?
Epcot has many options to avoid the Florida heat and enjoy a refreshing beverage.
…and you know we adults hate drinking and eating heavy in the heat.
Beer, wine, and the variety of cocktails can be found throughout Future World and World Showcase. There are vast offerings of alcoholic beverages that change throughout the year.
You can find some type of beverage at most carts and in each country of World Showcase.
Don’t be surprised if you see hazy eyes roaming around Epcot at twilight.
Before we end this article I want to give you a glimpse of what’s coming to Epcot.
New Epcot Rides and Attractions
- New Park Entrance – Epcot is updating the front area of the park into one that pays homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
- Guardians of The Galaxy Roller Coaster – Construction is fully underway for the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction that was announced at D23 in Japan.
- Space-Themed Restaurant – As if my favorite theme park couldn’t get any better, Disney has announced that there will be a new space-themed restaurant that will be located between the park’s Mission: SPACE and Test Track attractions.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – Construction is underway for this 4-D ride that will be similar to the Ratatouille: The Adventure ride at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris, France which opened in 2014.
As you can see, you can find something to do at Disney the grownup way. I Hope you enjoyed this guide to doing Epcot as an adult.
Let me know some of your favorite things to do when you’re at Epcot without the kids in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
- Takumi Tei, Epcot’s Newest Japanese Restaurant
- What You Need to Know About Epcot’s Yearly Festivals
- Around the World in One Day: The EPCOT Pavilion Experience!
- Everything You Need To Know About Regal Eagle Smokehouse Craft Beer And Barbecue At Epcot
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
(Original article date: Summer 2017/Updated June 13, 2020)