Walt Disney World for Adults: Epcot Edition
Let’s talk about my absolute favorite theme park in the world. Epcot!
Particularly, Epcot for adults.
Yeah, we’re going there today.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What Does Epcot Stand For?
Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and has always been thought of as Walt Disney World more adult friendly theme park. Epcot’s approach has been to take the present and create the future we want to have.
This has been done through the former Future World (now World Celebration, World Nature, and World Discovery) highlighting technological advances of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Whereas World Showcase goal is to highlight learning and living with people of other cultures.
ORDER NOW to secure your ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY DISNEY TICKETS!
This article will answer why Epcot is for grown-ups with the following common questions:
- How much does Epcot cost?
- Are there any tips for adults going to Epcot?
- What is there to do at Epcot for adults?
- Is Epcot fun for adults?
- What are the Epcot must do’s for adults?
- How can I do Epcot in a day?
- What are the best rides, attractions, shows, dining, and annual events at Epcot for Adults?
- Is there a list of all the Epcot Attractions?
- How many countries does Epcot have?
- What are the countries in Epcot?
- Where are the best places to drink in Epcot?
- What are the must do drinks at Epcot?
- Where can I find alcoholic beverages in Epcot?
What is in Epcot?
There aren’t many thrill rides here, but the rides at Epcot come with more of a purpose then what you will see in other Disney theme parks.
The classic dark rides, the theatrical entertainment, and the seasonal events are great for a more mature audience.
This isn’t to say that kids won’t enjoy Epcot.
But a lot more adults truly love and enjoy it and I’m TOTALLY not being biased…
…well maybe I am.
Either way it goes, you’ll have fun planning your Walt Disney World trip to Epcot.
Now let’s get into the most common questions I’m asked when it comes to going to Epcot as an adult.
How Much Does Epcot Cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What Are the BEST Tips for Adults Going to Epcot?
Now that you know why Epcot is perfect for grown-ups, let’s go through a few tips to help you make the MOST of your trip!
1. Get to Epcot before it opens.
I mention this tip in almost every post because it is very important. Especially if you’re coming to any of the central Florida theme parks.
Plus, you will be able to get a jump start on your adult adventure at Epcot. Starting out in World Celebration and moving on to World Showcase for drinks and treats.
Have a DIFFERENT kind of Orlando vacation with a Resort home next to Disney World. Find Your Disney Resort Vacation Rental here!
2. Be sure to check out the crowd calendar.
The calendar gives you an estimation of peak times at the Epcot throughout the year.
Beware, its times can change and is not always 100% accurate, but it gives you a general idea of the park’s busyness.
3. Plan out your day using the Disney Genie/Lightning Lane.
This system allows you to book front of the line access on certain rides and attractions.
4. Download the Walt Disney World park app and purchase tickets online.
The app will allow you to link your tickets to it, book dining arrangements and view park wait times within the app.
Tickets are also cheaper when you purchase them online.
5. Dress comfy but stylish.
After all, we are ThemeParkHipsters! Plus, you want your pictures to be memorable.
6. Have water on hand.
The must bring item is water. The Florida heat and humidity is hard to describe to out of town guests who are used to milder temperatures.
The Florida summer heat and sometimes the early fall heat can affect someone who’s not used to it.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask a Cast Member for help.
Disney cast members are some of the best people who are around to help. They like to service each guest the Disney way.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
8. Know what the best days to go to Epcot are.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be the quieter and less crowded days at Epcot.
You can get the full breakdown on which month to visit Walt Disney World here.
9. Pace yourself when it comes to drinking.
I’ve wrote a whole article called the Do’s and Don’ts of Drinking at Epcot. I was inspired to talk about this topic because, I’ve seen some crazy alcohol induced shenanigans at Epcot.
Due to the many drink options, you definitely want to have a game plan.
10. Walk through each pavilion thoroughly in Epcot World Showcase.
Each World Showcase pavilion has lots of nooks and crannies to discover.
If you’re sticking to the main path of the World Showcase circle, you will miss so many of the amazing experiences each country has to offer.
What is There to Do at Epcot for Adults?
These heavy hitting attractions are adult favorites.
There are also loads of exquisite food and incredible booze to try. It’s a perk for adults who are not into the whole edutainment aspect of Epcot.
Let’s not forget Epcot International Food and Wine Festival…an adult’s paradise!
This annual event brings in so many fans from around the world. It has started to develop its own cult following.
A following similar to the famous Dole Whip.
Is Epcot Fun for Adults?
Yes! Did I even need to answer this question?
I always have fun at Epcot, even on scorching days. Epcot is one of those parks where there’s no pressure. You just enjoy yourself.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
What are the Epcot Must-Do’s for Adults?
One of my favorite things to do at Epcot is to ride Living with the Land in the morning before the park gets busy.
It’s a true classic Disney ride and I usually have a boat to myself. A very peaceful adult thing to do.
It allows you to sit back and absorb the Disney vibe.
Sometimes I have a nice Disney book to accompany me and other times I just put on my headphones and listen to a Disney Pandora station.
You must also country hop as an adult in Epcot! There is nothing like it.
The various countries are immersive and offer so much educational information about each culture.
Another must do is to get your passport stamped in each country while enjoying World Showcase with a glass of your favorite wine.
How Many Days Do You Need for Epcot?
Epcot can be done in one day! However, if you truly want to explore all the nooks and crannies of the park, then you’ll need two days.
How Can I Do Epcot in a Day (for Adults)?
- Download park map and guide.
- Get familiar with Genie+ prior to vacation.
- Get a photo in front of Spaceship Earth.
- Ride Soarin’ Around the World and Living with the Land.
- Explore the Imagination Pavilion and Ride with Figment.
- Discover the Seas with Nemo & Friends.
- Hop on a galactic adventure with Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
- Ride Mission: SPACE and Test Track.
- Have lunch at La Cantina de San Angel.
- Ride the Three Caballeros
- Have a margarita at La Cava Del Tequila.
- Ride the Frozen Ever After Attraction.
- Watch Reflections of China theater show.
- Explore the Germany Pavilion.
- Do the Wine Walk.
- Discover the Italy Pavilion.
- Watch The American Adventure theater show.
- Walk around the Japan Pavilion.
- Visit the Morocco Pavilion.
- Discover the France Pavilion by having a sweet dessert, watching Impressions de France, and hanging out with Remy.
- Walk through the shops of the United Kingdom Pavilion and enjoy some Fish and Chips with a refreshing Cider from Rose & Crown Pub.
- Watch the new Canadian theater show.
- Ride Spaceship Earth.
- Have dinner at Connections Cafe or Coral Reef Restaurant.
- Watch the new Epcot fireworks show, Harmonious.
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults?
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
What are the Must-Do Shows and Entertainment at Epcot for Adults?
- Impressions de France
- Oktoberfest Musikanten at Biergarten
- Canada: Far and Wide
- Mariachi Cobre
- Harmonious Fireworks Show
What are the Best Restaurants at Epcot for Adults?
What are the Must-Do Events at Epcot for Adults?
Of course, all of the Epcot Festivals are a must-do for ANY grown-up visiting Epcot. I also love the unique activities around the park such as the dessert parties, the Behind the Seeds Tour, and the Wine Walk as mentioned earlier.
These are the current Epcot Festivals:
What Attractions and Rides are in Epcot?
Please note that some of the rides may be temporarily unavailable due to the global crisis.
- American Heritage Gallery, World Showcase
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery, World Showcase
- British Revolution, World Showcase
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360, World Showcase
- Coral Reefs, World Nature
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival, World Celebration
- Frozen Ever After, World Showcase
- Gallery of Arts and History, World Showcase
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros, World Showcase
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, World Discovery
- House of the Whispering Willows, World Showcase
- Fireworks, World Showcase
- Impressions de France, World Showcase
- JAMMitors at Future World East, World Celebration
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats, World Showcase
- Journey into Imagination with Figment, World Celebration
- Kidcot Fun Stops, World Showcase
- Living with the Land, World Nature
- Mariachi Cobre, World Showcase
- Matsuriza, World Showcase
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery, World Showcase
- Mission: SPACE, World Discovery
- Reflections of China, World Showcase
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, World Showcase
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician, World Showcase
- Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro, World Showcase
- Sea Turtles – Disney Animal Encounters, World Nature
- SeaBase – Disney Animal Encounters, World Nature
- Sergio- Streetmosphere, World Showcase
- Serveur Amusant- Streetmosphere, World Showcase
- Sharks and Stingrays – Disney Animal Encounters, World Nature
- Soarin’ Around the World, World Nature
- Spaceship Earth, World Celebration
- Stave Church Gallery, World Showcase
- Test Track, World Discovery
- The American Adventure, World Showcase
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends, World Nature
- Turtle Talk with Crush, World Nature
- Voices of Liberty, World Showcase
How Many Countries Does Epcot Have?
You’ll be happy to know that there are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot World Showcase for you to discover!
What are the countries in Epcot?
Where are the Best Places to Have a Drink at Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that. Nothing else needs to follow…
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own Epcot Passport below!
What are the BEST Drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Violet Martini from Tokyo Dining in Japan
Read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Where Can You Find Alcoholic Beverages in Epcot?
Epcot has many options to avoid the Florida heat and enjoy a refreshing beverage.
…and you know we adults hate drinking and eating heavy in the heat.
Beer, wine, and the variety of cocktails can be found throughout World Celebration, World Nature, World Discovery, and World Showcase. There are vast offerings of alcoholic beverages that change throughout the year.
You can find some type of beverage at most carts and in each country of World Showcase.
Don’t be surprised if you see hazy eyes roaming around Epcot at twilight.
Before we end this article I want to give you a glimpse of what’s coming to Epcot.
Final Thoughts For an Epcot for Adults Only Trip
Let me know some of your favorite things to do when you’re at Epcot without the kids in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- 3 WORST Epcot Rides for Solo Travelers (Solo Disney Trip)
- Takumi Tei, Epcot’s Newest Japanese Restaurant
- What You Need to Know About Epcot’s Yearly Festivals
- Around the World in One Day: The EPCOT Pavilion Experience!
- Everything You Need To Know About Regal Eagle Smokehouse Craft Beer And Barbecue At Epcot
- 5 BEST Epcot Attractions for Solo Travelers (Disney Solo Trip)
- 7 BEST Disney Shirts for Adults Who LOVE Park Hopping
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
(Original article date: Summer 2017/Updated May 28, 2022)