Dessert overload, sweetness swirling throughout my mouth, sugarplums dancing on my tongue, and divine nectar of the vine to quench my thirst were all a part of my dining experience during my 3D Disney Dessert Discovery.
This spectacular adventure took place at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival.
This event was recommended to me a couple of years ago, but the cost was way too steep for me at the time especially since I didn’t know what the experience entailed.
When I was presented with the offer to go this year by my dear friend I felt as if this was the time to do it.
After all, we’re supposed to be on this YOLO kick, lol…
…and let me tell you that we were two big adults (along with a packed out room full of adults)!
We were literally acting like children in a candy store with grown-up beverages galore to keep us all laughing, eating, singing, and dancing to the tunes of the sugary band.
As we hopped our way around to The World Showplace Events Pavilion at Epcot Food and Wine Festival, we were delighted by all the delicicious options.
3D Disney Dessert Discovery Menu
The tasty treats were divided into six sections that had delicious dishes with spirits to compliment the taste.
- Red Stag Flambeed Cinnamon Doughnuts with choice of Coffee Gelato or Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and All Natural CherryMan Farm to Market Maraschino***
Bites of Cake
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Bacon Brittle Cake Bars
- Butter Pecan Cupcakes
- Cavalados Apple Crumb Cake
- Mickey Brownie Bite
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Whoopie Pie
- No Gluten No Sugar Added Lemon Bars
- Watermelon Cupcakes***
- An Assortment of Pinnacle Vodka
- Cheese, Fruits, and Berries***
- Selection of Irish Dairy Board Artisan Cheeses
- Watermelon Slices
- Fresh and Dried Fruits
- Driscoll’s Only The Finest Berries
- Baguettes and Crackers with Kerrygold Butter
Popcorn and Pretzels
- A Selection of Gourmet Flavored Popcorns
- Warm Pretzel Sticks with Ghirardelli Chocolate Fondue, Jalapeno Nacho Cheese Dip, Four Cheese Beer Fondue, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Spicy and Yellow Mustards, and Tapenade Dip***
- Cordial featuring an assortment of DeKuyper and JDK&Sons Liqueurs
- Middleton Family Wines (Paso Robles, California)***
Teeny Weenie Hot Dog Cart
- Mixed Berry Ice Cream “Hot Dog” served in a “Cake Bun,” topped with Whipped Cream, Raspberry “Ketchup,” Mango “Yellow Mustard,” Green Cherry “Relish,” and Slivered Almond “Onions”
- Variety of Meats, Seafood, Artisan Breads and Rolls, Dips and Chutneys***
- Gingered Japanese Watermelon Salad***
- Watermelon Fire and Ice Salsa with Fresh Made Tortilla Chips***
The Great Whiskey Debate
- Canadian Club
- Knob Creek Rye
- Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey
- Laphroiag 10 year
- Maker’s 46
La Face Cachee de la Pomme (Quebec, Canada)
- NEIGE Premier, Sparkling Apple Ice Wine***
- The NEIGE Bubble, Sparkling Apple Wine
Same Cheese, Fruits, berries, popcorn, and pretzels as the Green Section.
- Red Stag Black Cherry
- Red Stag Spiced
- Jim Beam Honey
- Jim Beam Maple
- Red Stag Hardcore Cider Cocktail
- The Martini Prosecco
- Martini Asti***
Bites of Cakes as mentioned in the Pink Section and the Teeny Weenie Hot Dog Cart as mentioned in the Yellow Section
Rose “N’ Blum
- Bubbly Moscato
- The Bubbly Moscato Rose
Caribbean featuring Sauza and Cruzan
- Sauza Blue Margarita
- Cruzan Rum Punch
- Velvet Cin Rum Cream
Charcutiere as stated in the Yellow Section and Signature Doughnuts as stated in the Pink Section.
- Skinnygirl Prosecco
- Watermelon Aqua Fresca
- Skinnygirl Wine (California)
- All Natural CherryMan Farm to Market Maraschino Aqua Fresca
What to Know Before You Go
If you plan on coming here are a few details and tips:
- Cost: $55 plus tax
- Admission to EPCOT is required
- Date: October 25, 2013
- Time: 8 p.m. until 930 p.m.
Tip: Eat a light meal prior to this event because if you haven’t noticed that the menu is 90% sweet, delicious goodness 🙂
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Final Thoughts on 3D Disney Dessert Discovery
As you can see the night was a success and the cherry on top was watching the Illuminations Fireworks show with the special 3D glasses.
Using these glasses took an already amazing experience to the next level!
All I can say is a combination of sugar overload, a few cocktails ingested, and a fireworks show with 3D Mickey heads coming straight at you.
This makes for a pretty awesome night at EPCOT!
Have you ever done a special event at Epcot Food and Wine Festival? If so, let me know in the comments section below.
Check out the articles below for more Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tips
- Complete Epcot Food and Wine Festival GUIDE
- 15 Pro Tips for Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Epcot Food and Eat to the Beat Concert Schedule
- Food and Wine Beverage Schedule
- Epcot Food and Wine Culinary Demonstration Schedule
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
For more Disney theme park news, discounts, tips and guides, subscribe to the newsletter!
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
***indicates my favorites