Thinking about what to do besides theme parks for the 4th of July in Orlando?
Let me help you navigate through the top Independence Day celebrations throughout the Orlando area.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Local Things to Do for the Fourth of July in Orlando
Walt Disney World Resort: Independence Day
4th of July at Magic Kingdom
- 9:15 p.m.: Celebrate America – A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky Fireworks
- 9:15 p.m.: Celebrate America: A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky Fireworks
Disney’s Celebrate America: A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky is 15-minute 360-degree fireworks spectacular and one of the premiere fireworks displays in the nation.
Disney guests will also be able to catch Goofy, Donald and Pluto leading a procession down Main Street USA.
Read how to survive Disney World 4th of July Crowds here!
4th of July at Epcot
You will find Betsy Ross, Ben Franklin and Disney characters in their patriotic costumes appearing near the promenade of The American Adventure throughout the afternoon.
- 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.: Epcot will feature the Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert, with an expanded cast performing a patriotic salute including the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps and Disney Characters, on the American Gardens Theatre stage
- 9 p.m.: The patriot-inspired IllumiNations: Reflections of the Earth
4th of July at Hollywood Studios
- 10 p.m.: Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks
4th of July at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will have special events around Fourth of July:
- The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade will be at 4 p.m. on July 4th.
- Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 p.m. on July 4th. This will include a live DJ, dancing, games, food, and more!
Fort Wilderness 4th of July events have not been confirmed for 2019.
4th of July at LEGOLAND Florida: Red, Brick and Boom
July 4th, 5th, 6th
You will be able help build LEGOLAND’s American Flag during the day with fireworks of exploding LEGO® brick at night through special 3D glasses.
Red, Brick and Boom is included in park admission and park hours will be extended to 9 p.m.
LEGOLAND Independence Day celebrations will occur July 4th, 5th and 6th with fireworks nightly.
4th of July at SeaWorld Orlando
Visitors of SeaWorld will see the night sky light up during the patriotic-inspired show. The fireworks show begins at 9:45 p.m.
Fireworks are included with park admission and with the best view from Bayside Stadium.
You can reserve a seat at each of the nighttime shows:
- Touch the Sky – 5:30 p.m.
- Sea Lions Tonight – 6:30 p.m.
- Shamu Celebration: Light Up the Night – 8:45 p.m.
- Ignite Fireworks Spectacular – 9:30 p.m.
- 4th of July Firework Celebration – 9:45 p.m.
Learn more about SeaWorld’s 4th of July events here!
4th of July at Busch Gardens
Take the wild trek over to Busch Gardens to enjoy a huge colorful fireworks display over SheiKra each night.
Summer Nights will feature three party zones at Cheetah Hunt Plaza, Pantopia and Stanleyville. You’ll also want to take the Summer Nights challenge and conquer Cheetah Hunt at night!
This will start prior to the 9:30 p.m. fireworks show.
Don’t forget to experience Florida’s tallest launch coaster, Tigris, and the limited-time Summer Nights offerings that include BBQ Patty Melt, Funnel Cake Fries and Buffalo Pub Chips.
All of the 4th of July fun and excitement is included in the ticket purchase.
In addition, any US active military with a valid ID will be able to bring themselves and three members of their immediate family in for free.
Learn how to make the most of your time at Busch Gardens here!
4th of July at Universal Studios Orlando
July 4th, 5th, 6th
Universal Studios Florida has a special day in store for you to celebrate Independence Day.
According to Universal Orlando, the Music Plaza will feature award-winning DJ M-Squared spinning top hits along with a live performance by the high-energy band, Raydio.
There will also be an array of food just for the holiday such as smoked ribs, brisket sandwiches, mac n’ cheese, peach cobbler, and more.
The holiday festivities start at 5 p.m. at the Music Plaza and will continue until 10 p.m. Please note that 4th of July celebration events are included with your park admission ticket.
Music Plaza Events:
- Live Music featuring Raydio: 5 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m.
- DJ M-Squared: 5:45 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 9 p.m.
- Character Dance Party: 6:15 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Pyrotechnic Display: 9 p.m.
Central Park Events:
- Cinematic Celebration: 9:45 p.m.
Enjoy a special twist to Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration, a cinematic adventure with cutting-edge projection technology, lasers and pyrotechnics.
Learn more about the Independence Day celebration at Universal Studios here!
Things to Do Besides Theme Parks for the 4th of July in Orlando
The Orlando theme parks are not the only places celebrating the patriotic holiday. Check at the local events happening all over central Florida!
Please Scroll to the Left or Right on your device to view all information on the table.
|Event||Where||Date & Time||Activities|
Red Hot & Boom
|Uptown Altamonte||July 3rd 4 – 11 p.m.||This year’s artists include: Dean Lewis, Mabel, Ally Brooke, Madison Beer, Asher Angel, and Max. Fireworks scheduled for 9:30 p.m.|
Independence Day Bash
|Village Center in Baldwin Park||July 3rd 6 – 11 p.m.||Choreographed fireworks to be shown over Lake Baldwin at 9:15 p.m.|
Monumental 4th of July Celebration in Kissimmee
|Kissimmee Lakefront Park||July 4th from 5 – 9:30 p.m.||Live music on stage, beer garden, food trucks and Kids’ zone.|
Fireworks at the Fountain in Orlando 2019
|Downtown Orlando||July 4th from 4 – 10 p.m.||Exciting activities around Lake Eola for everyone|
Freedom on the Waterfront
|Mount Dora’s Elizabeth Evans Park||July 3rd at 4 p.m.||Live music with Fireworks at sundown on the 3rd with parade on the 4th.|
Party in the Park
|Winter Garden||July 4th at 6 -9:30 p.m.||Fireworks over Lake Apopka|
Celebration of Freedom
|Central Winds Park in Winter Springs||July 4th at 5 p.m.||Live music, games, a kid’s zone, and fireworks|
Star Spangled Sanford
|Riverwalk in Sanford at Ft. Mellon Park||July 4th 4 – 10 p.m.||Entertainment, food, drinks and fireworks over Lake Monroe|
24th Annual 4th of July Celebration
|Downtown Winter Park||July 4th 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Carnival games and an inflatable slide, train rides, live patriotic music performed by the Bach Festival Choir and Brass Band, and Sean Holcomb.|
Independence Day Celebration
|Oviedo Mall||July 4th 5 – 9 p.m.||Fireworks, carnival rides, games, inflatables, and a cash bar.|
Star Spangled Spectacular
|Celebration Town Center||July 4th 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.||Games, food, live music, fireworks, and an Independence Day Parade.|
4th of July Celebration
|Avalon Park in Orlando||July 4th at 5 p.m.-9 p.m.||Celebrate with apple pie bake-off’s, hot dog eating contest, a bike parade, and more.|
The City of Leesburg’s 4th of July Celebration
|Leesburg’s Venetian Park||July 4th 6 p.m.- 10 p.m.||Fireworks, tailgating, live performances, food and more!|
The Coke Zero 400
|Daytona International Speedway||July 6th on this year’s 160-lap, 400-mile event||Experience the traditional fast action fun, followed by a firework show|
4th of July Lakefront Celebration
|St. Cloud||July 4th 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.||Fun activities, fireworks and entertainment.|
Let Freedom Ring
|Tavares’ Wooton Park||July 4th 3 p.m.- 10 p.m.||Water Ski Show, live Entertainment, giveaways, photo booth, face painting, food trucks and more!|
Red, White and Boom, Clermont
|Waterfront Park in Clermont||July 4th 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.||Americana activities with a spectacular fireworks display over Lake Minneola.|
ICON Park Lights Up I-DRIVE in Orlando
|ICON Park||July 4 and 5th||Face painting, a laser light show, live entertainment, eats and drinks, balloon animals, stilt walkers and contests.|
Central Florida Independence Day Parades
Just in case you’re more of a parade type of person, I’ve listed the top ones happening all over central Florida.
- Celebration: This year’s Star-Spangled Spectacular Independence Day parade will kick-off at 9 a.m. from Town Hall, following a route along Celebration Avenue to Market Street and concluding at the entrance to Lakeside Park.
- Mount Dora:Will start along Donnelly Street from Seventh Avenue to Charles Street (downtown) July 4th at 10 a.m.
- Tavares: Will begin at 5:00 p.m. with a route that runs along Main Street and Ruby Street
- Winter Garden: All American Kids Parade and Breakfast – Starts at 8 a.m. from City Hall to Central Park
These parades are the perfect 4th of July celebrations for Orlando in 2019.
How to Survive Florida Heat
Before you get into the Orlando 4th of July events, you’ll want to be safe and stay cool during the torturous Florida summer day.
Top 5 Florida Summer Tips
- Stay hydrated
- Bring lots of water
- Bring sunscreen
- Buy water mist fan prior to visit from a local store
- Find splash zones and cool off
Read all 30+ tips to surviving the Florida summer heat here!
As you can see, there are many options to choose from for the 4th of July in Orlando. I want to know what you plan on doing for the special holiday. Leave your comments below!
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- How to Beat the 4th of July Crowds at Disney World
- Things to Do in Orlando for the Fall
- How to find a vacation home near Disney
- Disney’s FastPass+ Everything You Need to Know
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
- Magic Kingdom for Adults the Complete Guide
- Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- The Best Orlando Escape Rooms
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!