Are you looking from some of the BEST things to do at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival 2023 is a foodie’s paradise and a florist’s dream.
I have done the true festival excursion on multiple occasions and now I want to share with you my top 11 things you must do at Epcot International Flower Garden Festival.
There you will find me in the midst of the colorful garden creations, wonderful seminars, and the tantalizing cocktails from March 1st to July 5th of 2023!
This is the festival’s 29th year and I’m so excited to show you how to have the best day ever!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What do you do at Flower and Garden Festival?
Everything! But seriously, there are so many unique things to do at this annual Epcot Festival.
I’ll go through all the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival must do’s to have an epic trip!
You will want to be at the gates before 9 a.m.
Hipster Power Tip: Start Early! Coming early to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will give you a chance to pace yourself by allowing you to enjoy the festival attractions in both Future World and World Showcase.
11 Things You MUST Do at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
I’m so happy to share with you a few of my favorite things to do at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Unfortunately, 2020 was quite a challenging year which has spilled over into 2021 and is still reflective in 2023.
Because of that, a few of my must do recommendations on this list are temporarily suspended. However, you can add them to your list for a future visit.
1. Explore the Topiaries and Gardens at Epcot
In between your favorite attractions, visit the World Showcase, World Nature, World Discovery, and World Celebration (former home to Future World) gardens and take lots of photos.
Walk around and check out the beautiful topiary displays created by the talented Disney staff.
Be sure to snap unique photos of the amazing garden creations of the Disney horticulturists.
2023 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries
- Encanto, Including Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa (NEW) – Main Entrance
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Pluto – Bridge to World Showcase and World Celebration
- Woody, Bo Peep and Her Sheep – World Nature Near The Land Pavilion
- Goofy – World Showcase
- Tiana (NEW) – The American Adventure Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Donald and Daisy – Community Garden Near Connections Café in World Celebration
- Figment – Near Imagination!
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon – Japan Pavilion Near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Pumbaa and Timon – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Lumiere and Cogsworth – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between France and Morocco Pavilions
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Near Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Geese – Canada Pavilion
- Butterflies – Main Entrance, Scentsy Garden, Butterfly House and World Showcase
2023 Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Bamboo Garden – China Pavilion
- Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy – World Showcase Bridge
- Bold Bromeliads – The Land Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection – Japan Pavilion
- Bouquet Garden – France Pavilion
- Butterfly Landing Presented by AdventHealth – World Nature Near Imagination!
- China Zodiac Garden – China Pavilion
- The Community Garden – World Celebration – NEW!
- Connections Conservatory Garden – Connections Eatery
- Desert Garden – Mexico Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings® – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Family-Friendly Garden Presented by OFF!
- Festival Blooms – World Celebration
- Floating Gardens – World Nature
- Garden Italiano – Italy Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Rosewalk Near Imagination!
- Kokedema Garden – Japan Pavilion
- Miniature Garden – Germany Pavilion
- Prehistoric Garden – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Shakespeare Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion – NEW!
- Spice Garden – Morocco Pavilion
- Songbird Meadow Presented by Wild Birds Unlimited® – World Discovery
- Topiary Heritage Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Mexico Pavilion
Hipster Power Tip: Grab a Passport! The passport is a pamphlet that allows you to personalize it with your name, country, date issued, and date of completion.
Your Passport also includes the locations of the topiaries, the outdoor kitchen offerings, merchandise options, and concert information.
2. Drink and Eat Your Way Around Epcot World Showcase
Don’t hold back! Enjoy your must have drinks and food at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2023:
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce – Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market – Germany Pavilion
- Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp with Orange Chile Sauce– The Citrus Blossom – Near Port of Entry
- Ghost Mary: Translucent Bloody Mary with Boyd & Blair Cucumber Vodka, Tomato Water, Horseradish, Celery Salt and a hint of Pepper – EPCOT Farmers Feast (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®)
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice – Fleur de Lys – France Pavilion
- Frushi: Strawberry, Pineapple and Cantaloupe wrapped in Sweet Rice and Pink Soy Wrap served with Whipped Cream, Drizzled Berry Sauce and Toasted Coconut – Hanami – Japan Pavilion
- Braised Oxtail with Pigeon Pea Rice – La Isla Fresca – Morocco Pavilion
- House-made Cheesy Crab Wontons and Kung Fu Master Punch: Smirnoff Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango, Orange Juice and Soda Water- Lotus House – China Pavilion
- Spicy Chicken Gumbo with Andouille Sausage and BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Long Grain & Wild Rice – Magnolia Terrace – American Adventure Pavilion
- Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake – Northern Bloom – Canada Pavilion
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips – Pineapple Promenade – Near Port of Entry
- Shrimp Scampi Poutine with Lemon-Garlic Cheese Fondue, Spinach and Artichokes -Refreshment Port – Near the Canada Pavilion
- Shrimp and Grits: Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Sweet Corn Salsa – Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®
Let’s go through my top 3 dishes from the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival over the years.
Now that you know what food you must try this year, let’s see some of my favorites from the previous years.
Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro (Florida Fresh between Morocco and France)
Year after year, this scrumptious experience…yes, I said experience…was always a top winner for my Epcot Flower and Garden food pick.
Maybe it’s the southern gal in me, but the spiciness of the Andouille sausage along with the sweetness of the shrimp and crunchy sensation of the fresh bell peppers brought about pure foodie ecstasy.
The dish also came out really hot in temperature, a southern must if grits are involved.
However, once you’re past the scolding temps, you’re able to taste the love put into this snack.
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapenos
Good ole America, the place where a jam-packed hearty meal is the norm…well at least in the south 😊
During the Flower and Garden Festival you will see the huge smoker sitting next to the American booth looking like a familiar summer day in the backyard with the family.
I was highly surprised at Disney’s take on this classic American meal.
The brisket was tender to the fork and delightfully seasoned. It was also filled with juicy smoke-filled flavors that reminded me of those summertime cookouts of childhood.
The beef was also soft and appetizing enough to make my mother proud.
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum (Pineapple Promenade)
Most ThemeParkHipsters have probably thought,
“I wonder what a Dole Whip would taste like with a shot of rum?”
Well you’re in for an early Christmas gift! Disney took that wish and made it come true.
The Parrot Bay Coconut Rum shot is the cherry on top of an already enjoyable Disney treat.
Caution is needed as you finish this delicacy, because a strong rum infused melted pineapple finish is waiting for you at the bottom of the cup. Cheers!
Read: The Complete Epcot Flower and Garden Festival MENU
3. Attend the Flower and Garden Festival Tours
There’s no better way to enjoy the event than attending the amazing educational garden tours, which are mostly free or budget friendly.
A plus is that you will get to meet many of your favorite floral and topiary presenters in a much more relaxed environment compared to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® (Postponed)
In the United Kingdom pavilion, you can do a complimentary guided tour in the tea gardens called, The English Tea Garden tour.
According to Disney, you’ll learn more about the artistry behind the growing and blending of herbs, which is vital for the creation of uniquely flavored brews.
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
Behind the Seeds Tour
This is one of my favorite tours at Epcot which allows you to go on a guided tour with a Disney Cast Member through the greenhouse of the Living with the Land attraction.
This tour lasts an hour and is $35 per person. You can check the official schedule here on Disney’s website.
4. Get Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Merchandise
Before you grab your seat for the fireworks show, be sure to make any Epcot Flower and Garden Festival merchandise purchases.
This will ensure that you have a few nice souvenirs to take home.
Shop for Sale Items at shopDisney.com!
5. Do the Epcot Egg Hunt!
The Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt has returned.
You can purchase the map for $9.99 at Disney Traders, Pin Central, and World Traveler shops (price subject to change).
The goal of this fun game is to find themed eggs around Epcot World Showcase. You then turn it back in for a unique Disney character egg to take home.
This special adventure goes on from March 13, 2023 until the supplies run out so get yours soon!
Ready to start planning your next Disney World vacation? Listen to the latest podcast episode on Apple or on your non-Apple device now!
6. Go on the Best rides at Epcot
Disney’s Epcot has some of the best theme park attractions in the world. Be sure to try my must do Epcot rides below!
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Mission Space
- Soarin Around the World
- Test Track
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
Read: 17 Pro Tips for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
7. Watch the Epcot Garden Rocks Concert Series
You’ll be able to see some of you favorite musicians during the Epcot Flower and Garden concerts.
This is the perfect way to enjoy all of the festival food, drinks, and culinary adventures with a musical treat to end the day.
Don’t feel bad if you’re not able to go to the first show.
Some bands may change up the song lineup throughout the evening. I’ve found the second and third shows tend to be the best.
The band is usually warmed up and there’s a much better energy from both the crowd and the artists.
8. Have A Sweet Finale with a View
Book your Epcot Garden Rock dining package for an evening dinner an hour before the fireworks show starts to Rose and Crown.
Be sure to request a seat on the outside patio or near a window facing the World Showcase Lagoon.
This will allow you to have a guaranteed seat during an earlier show for the concert series with an amazing way to cap your night off with dinner and a show from the fireworks display!
Here are a few things to know about the Garden Rocks Concert Series:
You are provided a 3-course meal or full buffet, depending on the location, with priority seating at one of 3 concerts held the same day.
The Garden Rocks Dining Package is available for the Friday through Monday Epcot Flower and Garden Festival concerts. Get all the details here!
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
9. Do the Garden Graze Culinary Challenge!
You’ll love this new Epcot adventure as you challenge yourself to dine around the Flower & Garden Festival hitting all the top dishes in your Festival Passport.
How does the Garden Graze work?
You first have to pick up a Festival Passport, then you collect a matching stamp for each notated menu item you purchase.
Once you’ve collected ALL 5 stamps, you bring your Festival Passport to the Pineapple Promenade for a complimentary gift.
You can do this Epcot foodie challenge anytime between March 1st and July 5, 2023.
Garden Graze Menu Items and Locations
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread and Spicy Corn Chips – located at Florida Fresh
- The Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread and Plant-Based Cotija Cheese – located at Florida Fresh
- Avocado Toast with Marinated Toy Box Tomatoes on Toasted Ciabatta – located at BRUNCHCOT
- Boneless Impossible™ Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise – located at Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods
- Impossible Lumpia with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce – located at Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods
- Chocolate Cake with Black Currant Ganache, Mixed Berry Compote and Chocolate Ice Cream – located at Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods
- Potato Pancakes with House-Made Apple Sauce – located at Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
- Coconut Tres Leches: Vanilla Cake soaked in Oat Milk, Almond Milk and Coconut Milk with Toasted Coconut – located at La Isla Fresca
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin Seasoning – located at Refreshment Outpost
- Cookies ‘n “Cream” Chocolate Mousse Cup – located at The Land Cart
10. Go on an Adventure with the Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration Tour
This is a fun scavenger hunt for everyone. All you have to do is pick up a map with stickers from Disney Traders or World Traders for $9.99.
You’ll then follow Spike the Bee on his pollination trail, as he collects his nectar and pollinates the gardens all over Epcot.
Once you’ve found each Spike the Bee and match the stickers to his location on the map, you’ll then return it to Disney Traders or World Traveler for a fun little surprise!
11. Grab Your Perfect Epcot Fireworks Spot
Because you’ve followed ThemeParkHipster’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival must do’s and one-day itinerary, you now have plenty of time to find a nice spot for the Epcot fireworks show.
This show is one-of-kind experience and is the perfect way to end your day at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
Recommended: Disney for Adults – The Epcot Guide
What to Know Before You Go the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
Now that you know what to expect at the Disney Flower and Garden Festival concerts, let’s go through some of your most commonly asked questions.
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do change depending on the season).
Ready to make your trip out to Walt Disney World Resort, then get your no obligation, FREE Quote by filling out the form with The Park Prodigy by Clicking HERE!
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Lightning Lane Passes?
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in the Epcot World Showcase for you to visit.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
I will say that Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in the Italy Pavilion and La Cava Del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion are the absolute best places to chill and enjoy a drink on your solo Disney World trip.
That’s if it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Final Thoughts on the Best Things to Do at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
The annual Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is definitely a Walt Disney World must do in itself. I hope my suggestions help you have the most EPIC DAY EVER!
What’s your Epcot Flower and Garden Festival food or drink that you must do? Let me know in the comment section below.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
UP NEXT: What You Need to Know About Epcot’s Yearly Festivals
(Original Article Written Spring 2015/Updated February 27, 2023)