The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2019 is a foodie’s paradise and a florist’s dream. I did the true festival excursion and now I want to share with you my top 9 things your must do at Epcot International Flower Garden Festival.
There you will find me in the midst of the colorful garden creations, wonderful seminars, and the tantalizing cocktails from March 6 to June 3 of 2019!
This is the festival’s 26th year and I’m so excited to show you how to have the best day ever!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Thank you!
What do you do at Flower and Garden Festival?
But seriously, there are so many unique things to do at this annual Epcot Festival. We’ll go through all the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival must do’s to have an epic trip!
Hipster Power Tip: Start Early! Coming early to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will give you a chance to pace yourself by allowing you to enjoy the festival attractions in both Future World and World Showcase. You will want to be at the gates before 9 a.m.
9 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Must Do’s You Have to Try
1 – Explore the Topiaries and Gardens at Epcot
In between your FastPass+ attractions, visit the Future World gardens and take lots of photos.
Walkaround and check out the beautiful topiary displays created by the talented Disney staff. Be sure to snap unique photos of the amazing garden creations of the Disney horticulturists.
2019 Epcot Topiaries
- Welcome to the 2019 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Featuring Topiary Butterflies – Located at the Main Entrance
- Topiary Flowers – Located near MouseGear
- Daisy Duck and the Floral Stars of the Show – Located near Spaceship Earth
- Figment – Located near the Imagination! Pavilion
- Bo Peep and Her Sheep with Buzz Lightyear and Woody from the Disney•Pixar Toy StoryFilms -Located at Future World East
- Chip ‘n Dale and Donald Duck with Huey, Dewey and Louie – Located near Showcase Plaza Towers, East and West
- Lightning McQueen and Mater from the Disney•Pixar CarsFilms – Located near Test Track
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Enjoy a Picnic with Topiary Hearts – Located at Showcase Plaza
- Pluto and Goofy – Located between Future World and World Showcase
- Stitch – Located at Mission: SPACE
The Three Caballeros Featuring Jose, Donald and Panchito – Located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa from Frozen – Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Troll Presented by Adventures by Disney® – Located at the Norway Pavilion
- Bromeliad Dragon – Located at the China Pavilion
- Pandas – Located at the China Pavilion
- Simba and Friends Featuring Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi – Located at The Outpost Shop
- Snow White and Dopey – Located at the Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Located at the Italy Pavilion
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse – Located at the American Adventure Pavilion
- Topiary Sunflowers – Located at the American Gardens Theatre
- Beauty and the Beast – Located at the France Pavilion
- Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog – Located at the France Pavilion
- Captain Hook and Peter Pan – Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie-the-Pooh and Friends – Located at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends Featuring Flower, Bambi and Thumper – Located between the United Kingdom Pavilion and Canada Pavilion
2019 Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Alpine Container Garden – Located in the Germany Pavilion. Shows how plants have adapted to survive in extreme temperatures.
- Bamboo Garden– Located in the China Pavilion. Learn about the many colors, patterns and sizes of bamboo.
- Barrels by the Bay– Located near Fountain of Nations and Mouse Gear. Here you will have the chance to decorate rain barrels using paint and stencils.
- Bold Bromeliads– Located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection– Located in the Japan Pavilion. Learn the ancient art of bonsai plants.
- Chinese Zodiac Natural Sculptures – Located at the China Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London®– Located in the United Kingdom Pavilion. Here you’ll learn about the art of tea blending and the history of tea.
Bo Peep’s Playtime Training Grounds – NEW!– Playground located near Test Track.
- Festival Blooms– Located overlooking the east and west lakes of Future World.
- Floating Mini-Gardens– Located on the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Garden Italiano– Located in Italy Pavilion. This garden is full of all the ingredients you’ll need to make the best spaghetti or pizza.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ– Located at Future World West. Here you will learn the life cycles of butterflies up close and personal.
- The Honey Bee-Stro– Located in the outdoor kitchen near the Imagination! Pavilion. Here you will learn about the importance of honeybees.
- Kokedama Garden– Located in the Japan Pavilion.
- Penguin Sculpture – NEW! Located in Future World West. Be sure to check out the penguin sculpture, created from repurposed trash pulled from the oceans.
- Plant a Garden Perfect for Pollinators– Located near the Butterfly House. Learn garden tips and sustainable best practices.
Play Full Garden – NEW! Hosted by AdventHealth and located on the pathway in Future near the Imagination Pavilion.
- Purple Martin Garden– Located near Test Track. Find purple martins near their nest after an over 3,000 miles trek from the Brazilian Amazon! According to Disney, Animal Kingdom Cast Members will be on hand on Tuesdays and Fridays after 11:00 AM to answer questions you may have about these fascinating birds.
- Shakespeare Garden– Located in the United Kingdom. Here you can see the flowers and exotic gardens often used as symbols and metaphors in Shakespeare’s writings.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden– Located in the Mexico Pavilion. Learn how Mexican plants and animals have adapted to the changes in light levels and water conditions.
- Urban Spice– Located in the Morocco Pavilion. Here you will learn how valuable ancient spices were in the past.
Hipster Power Tip: Grab a Passport! The passport is a pamphlet that allows you to personalize it with your name, country, date issued, and date of completion.
Your Passport also includes the locations of the topiaries, the outdoor kitchen offerings, merchandise options, and concert information.
2 – Drink and Eat Your Way Around Epcot World Showcase
Don’t hold back!
Enjoy your must have drinks and food at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
We’ll go through my top 3 dishes for the 2019 Epcot festival.
Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro (Florida Fresh between Morocco and France)
For another year in a row, this scrumptious experience…yes, I said experience…is still a top winner for my Epcot Flower and Garden food pick.
Maybe it’s the southern gal in me, but the spiciness of the Andouille sausage along with the sweetness of the shrimp and crunchy sensation of the fresh bell peppers brought about pure foodie ecstasy.
The dish comes out really hot in temperature, a southern must if grits are involved; however, once you’re past the scolding temps, you’re able to taste the love put into this snack.
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle (THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews)
Good ole America, the place where a jam-packed hearty meal is the norm…well at least in the south 😊
During the Flower and Garden Festival you will see the huge smoker sitting next to the American booth looking like a familiar summer day in the backyard with the family.
View this post on Instagram
I was highly surprised at Disney’s take on this classic American meal.
The brisket was tender to the fork and delightfully seasoned. It was also filled with juicy smoke-filled flavors that reminded me of those summertime cookouts of childhood. The smoked pork belly was also soft and appetizing enough to make my mother proud.
Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum (Pineapple Promenade)
Most ThemeParkHipsters have probably thought, “I wonder what a Dole Whip would taste like with a shot of rum?”
Well you’re in for an early Christmas gift!
Disney takes that wish and makes it come true.
The Parrot Bay Coconut Rum shot is the cherry on top of an already enjoyable Disney treat.
Caution is needed as you finish this delicacy, because a strong rum infused melted pineapple finish is waiting for you at the bottom of the cup.
3 – Attend the Flower and Garden Festival Tours
There’s no better way to enjoy the event than attending the amazing educational garden tours, which are mostly free or budget friendly.
A plus is that you will get to meet many of your favorite floral and topiary presenters in a much more relaxed environment compared to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
In the United Kingdom pavilion, you can do a complimentary guided tour in the tea gardens called, The English Tea Garden tour.
According to Disney, you’ll learn more about the artistry behind the growing and blending of herbs, which is vital for the creation of uniquely flavored brews.
- The English Tea Garden tour lasts approximately 20 minutes.
- Same-day registration is available in The Tea Caddy gift shop.
- Advance registration is recommended, as each tour is limited to only 20 Guests.
- Tours are held Monday through Thursday at 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
There is another tour called the Royal Garden Tea Tour.
This tour begins at 9:30 a.m. in the United Kingdom Pavilion. This is an upgraded tour with tea and scones included for $20.00. This tour lasts 45 minutes.
You can book the Royal Garden Tea Tour by calling (407) 939-8687.
4 – Get Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Merchandise
Before you grab your seat for the fireworks show, be sure to make any Epcot Flower and Garden Festival merchandise purchases. This will ensure that you have nice souvenirs to take home.
5 – Do the Epcot Egg Hunt 2019!
The Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt has returned.
You can purchase the map for $5.99 at Disney Traders (price subject to change). The goal of this fun game is to find themed eggs around Epcot World Showcase.
You then turn it back in for a unique Disney character egg to take home.
6 – Go on the Best rides at Epcot
Disney’s Epcot has some of the best theme park attractions in the world. Be sure to try my must do Epcot rides below!
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
7 – Watch the 2019 Epcot Garden Rocks Concert Series
You’ll be able to see some of you favorite musicians during the Epcot Flower and Garden concerts from March 6th through June 3rd for 2019.
This is the perfect way to enjoy all of the festival food, drinks, and culinary adventures with a musical treat to end the day.
Don’t feel bad if you’re not able to go to the first show.
Most bands tend to change up the song lineup throughout the evening. I’ve found the second and third shows tend to be the best.
The band is usually warmed up and there’s a much better energy from both the crowd and the artists.
Remember that queue lines form on both sides of the theater.
You can get the full 2019 Epcot Garden Rocks Concert Series lineup here!
8 – Have A Sweet Finale with a Dessert Party
The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party is the best way to top off your Epcot Flower and Garden Festival day! Here you’ll be able to indulge in the most delicious sweet treats with a top view of the Epcot fireworks show.
Plus, you’ll be treated to a magical boat ride on Frozen Ever After.
What’s included in the Frozen Dessert Party?
- Kristoff’s Kransekake Almond Cookie
- Wandering Oaken’s Eclairons
- Hans’ Key Lime Tarts with Orange Glitter Glaze
- Troll Rock Crispy Bon Bons
- Elsa’s Blue Velvet Cupcakes
- Kristoff’s No Sugar Added Lemon Curd with Blueberry
- Freeze Fried Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Olaf’s Warm Double Chocolate S’mores Pudding Cake
- Anna’s Warm Cottage Pudding with Salted Caramel Glaze
- Hand Dipped Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Sven’s Fresh Fruits with Berries
- Grand Pabbie’s Mystical Winter Spiced Snack Mix
- Duke of Weselton’s Cheese Fondue—served with country bread cubes, broccoli, and grilled flatbread
Frozen Dessert Party Drink Selections:
- “Frozen Heart” and other non-alcoholic beverages
- Summertime cocktails, like margaritas and piña coladas
- Beer and wine
Frozen Ever After Dessert Dates
According to Disney, the Frozen Ever After Dessert party is held select evenings.
Frozen Dessert Party Cost
The dessert part is $79 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $47 per child (ages 3 to 9), including tax and gratuity. Separate Epcot admission is also required.
*Frozen Ever After Dessert Party selections and prices subject to change at any time.
9 – Grab Your Perfect Epcot Fireworks Spot
Because you’ve followed ThemeParkHipster’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival must do’s and one-day itinerary, you now have plenty of time to find a nice spot for the Epcot fireworks show.
This show is one-of-kind experience and is the perfect way to end your day at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
What to Know Before You Go
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
The annual Epcot Flower & Garden Festival is definitely a Walt Disney World must do in itself. I hope my suggestions help you have the most EPIC DAY EVER!
What’s your Epcot Flower and Garden Festival food or drink must do? Let me know in the comment section below.
If you like this article, then check the links below for more Epcot Festival Tips
- Pro Tips for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- The Ultimate Epcot for Adults Complete Guide
- Epcot Flower and Garden Festival MENU
- The Food and Wine Garden Rocks Concert Schedule
- Epcot Food and Wine Culinary Demonstration Schedule
- Best Snacks at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- Epcot Festival of the Arts Complete Guide
For more theme park news, discounts, tips and guides, subscribe to the newsletter!
Until next time, happy globetrotting Hipsters!