Are you ready to learn the best Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival tips for this year’s event?
Spring is around the corner and you probably can tell due to the pollen, the birds, the bees, and the flowers springing to life.
This means that the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is almost here!
There you will find me in the midst of the colorful garden creations, the brilliant seminars, and the tantalizing cocktails from February 28 to May 27, 2024.
This Epcot festival debuted in 1994 and I’m excited to show you how to have the best day ever!
So, I thought it would be great to give you some helpful tips on how to make the most of your time at the festival.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Visiting the 2024 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival at a Glance:
- This Epcot Festival will take place daily from February 28, 2024 through May 27, 2024!
- Epcot opens daily at 9 a.m. and closes at 9 p.m.; however, the food booths (also known as the Outdoor Kitchens) don’t open until 11 a.m.
- Witness the brand-new fireworks show called Luminous the Symphony of Us
- Explore all of the magnificent topiaries
- Capture the most incredible photos with a group of your beloved Disney Hipster Friends
- Listen to the wonderful artists as they bring you classic tunes from Gardens Rocks Concert Series.
- Eat your way through the festival with the colorful cuisine (my favorite thing to do)!
Keep reading to get a full guide on how to conquer this Disney event like a pro!
1. Go During the Weekdays
Anyone visiting Walt Disney World on a regular day knows that going at the right time is extremely important.
This concept is even more important during special events and holidays.
That’s why I recommend attending the Flower & Garden Festival during the weekday (Monday through Thursday) in order to optimize your international globe hopping experience at Epcot.
Please Note: The attractions live entertainment are included with park admission. However, food, drinks and special packages are sold separately. Epcot is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily (festival “kitchens” open daily at 11 a.m.)
2. Get there Early
We’ve all heard the saying…
“the early bird catches the worm, you snooze, you lose”…so on and so on.
It’s the classic tip for any theme park visitor, especially any Disney guest.
Coming early to the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will give you a chance to pace yourself by allowing you to enjoy the festival attractions in World Celebration, World Discovery, World Nature, and World Showcase.
ORDER NOW to secure your ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY DISNEY TICKETS!
3. Attend the Tours (Currently Postponed)
There’s no better way to enjoy the event than attending the amazing educational garden tours, which are mostly free or budget-friendly.
A plus is that you will get to meet many of your favorite floral and topiary presenters in a much more relaxed environment compared to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
4. Grab a Garden Passport
The passport is a pamphlet that allows you to personalize it with your name, country, date issued, and date of completion.
It also includes the locations of the topiaries, the outdoor kitchen offerings, merchandise options, and concert information.
Make sure you bring a pen or pencil to mark off which kitchens you’ve visited.
5. Buy a Disney Wristlet Gift Card
For the typical pro foodie, savoring the many samples is a must.
However, doing this without a set budget could turn a fun trip into one of financial regret…
…trust me, I’ve made this mistake a few times.
Buying the wristlet gift card will also prevent any unexpected credit card swiping if you’re a bit tipsy from the adult libations.
This is one of the best Flower and Garden Festival tips to follow!
6. Split the Cost
Going with a friend or two or three always turns an already great journey into one of epicness! Just ask my friends.
It also means that if you’re on a budget and down for sharing, then you can really try most of the dishes without leaving the park financially wounded. So, share with someone you trust.
7. Book Your Park Reservations
Although Park Hopping is back, you may still book a reservation for your day at Epcot.
According to Disney, theme park reservations are no longer required for date-based tickets. For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.
You can read how this new Disney reservation system works here.
You’ll ALSO want to book your dining or special event reservation as soon as you know your Disney vacation dates. Popular Epcot restaurants and annual events book up quickly.
8. Explore the Topiaries
Walkaround and check out the beautiful topiary displays created by the talented Disney staff.
Don’t forget to get your picture at some of the spots with a PhotoPass opportunity.
2024 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries
- Disney Film, Wish (Asha, Valentino and Star) – NEW! Main Entrance
- Figment, Flower Topiaries and Flower Towers – World Celebration Plaza
- Huey, Dewey and Louie – World Celebration Plaza
- Donald Duck – Community Garden Near Connections Café in World Celebration
- Bambi and Friends World Discovery – Near Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy – NEW! World Discovery – Near Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Buzz Lightyear World Discovery – Near Mission: SPACE
- Woody, Bo Peep and Her Sheep World Nature – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) World Nature – Near The Land Pavilion
- Pumbaa and Timon World Nature – Near The Land Pavilion
- Goofy – Rosewalk
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Pluto – Bridge to World Showcase
- Encanto (Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa) – World Showcase
- Coco (Miguel and Dante) – NEW! – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Pandas World Showcase – China Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Princess Tiana – The American Adventure Pavilion
- Dragon – Japan Pavilion Near Torii Gate
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between France and Morocco Pavilions
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Lumiere and Cogsworth – France Pavilion
- Butterfly and Flower Towers – International Gateway
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Geese – Canada Pavilion
2024 Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Bamboo Garden – China Pavilion
- Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy – World Showcase Bridge
- Bold Bromeliads – The Land Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection – Japan Pavilion
- Bouquet Garden – France Pavilion
- Butterfly Landing Presented by AdventHealth – World Nature Near Imagination!
- Camp Get Out ‘N’ Play Garden Presented by OFF! – World Discovery
- China Penjing Garden NEW! – China Pavilion
- The Community Garden – World Celebration
- Connections Conservatory Garden – Connections Eatery
- Desert Garden – Mexico Pavilion
- Extraordinary Orchids – Mexico Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings® – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Festival Blooms – World Celebration
- Floating Gardens – World Nature
- Gnome Garden NEW! – Germany Pavilion
- Garden Italiano – Italy Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Rosewalk Near Imagination!
- Kokedema Garden – Japan Pavilion
- Miniature Garden – Germany Pavilion
- Prehistoric Garden – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Shakespeare Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion
- Spice Garden – Morocco Pavilion
- Songbird Meadow Presented by Wild Birds Unlimited® – World Discovery
9. Map Out Your Day
This is another classic tip for any avid Disney traveler. You can read some of my Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival must-do’s here!
Mapping out your day will save you the headache of missing out on unique things, especially if you’re only able to visit once.
This tip is very important, because it will help guide you on:
- Where to find your gardening inspiration
- What time the entertainment will occur
- Any additional information regarding food locations, speakers, performers, and other special Disney guests
10. Plan to Visit Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Multiple Times
You will need a few trips! One to try it all, another trip for seminars, and one to retry your favorites dishes all over again.
This is one of my favorite Epcot Flower and Garden Festival tips for your upcoming trip.
Watch Next: 5 BEST Rides at EPCOT You Can’t Miss!
11. Plan for a Cab or have a Designated Driver in the Group
Previewing the festival’s menu should give you an idea of what delicious treats can be expected.
There are many beverages that infuse fresh ingredients with lively spirits.
Hopefully, you will leave balanced and able to walk out. Be sure to have a plan for this kind of indulgence.
This will make for a safe and fun experience at Epcot.
12. Do the Egg Hunt!
The Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt has returned.
You can purchase the map for $9.99 at Disney Traders (price subject to change). The goal of this fun game is to find themed eggs around Epcot World Showcase.
You then turn it back in for a unique Disney character egg to take home.
13. Do the Tea Garden Tour
In the United Kingdom pavilion, you can do a complimentary guided tour in the tea gardens called, The English Tea Garden Tour Presented by Twinings of London.
According to Disney, you’ll learn more about the artistry behind the growing and blending of herbs, which is vital for the creation of uniquely flavored brews.
Please Note: I am still waiting on Disney to see if this tour will return for 2023.
14. Eat Your Heart Out!
Enjoy all of the delicious, fresh offerings in the Kitchens at this year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
This is one of my favorite Epcot Flower and Garden Festival tips since it involves food!
There are so many options to choose from that you can spend a whole day trying all the unique and delicious items.
Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival 2024:
- Chicken and Waffles: Crispy Honey-brined Chicken and Honey Sweet Corn Bread Waffle with Whipped Honey Butter and Spicy Honey (The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™)
- Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon (BRUNCHCOT)
- Lemon Meringue Pie: Lemon Curd, Lemon Mousse and Toasted Meringue (The Citrus Blossom)
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce – Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market – Germany Pavilion
- Spicy Chicken Gumbo with Andouille Sausage and BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Long Grain & Wild Rice – Magnolia Terrace – American Adventure Pavilion
- Frushi: Strawberry, Pineapple and Lychee wrapped in Sweet Rice and Pink Soy Wrap served with Whipped Cream, Drizzled Berry Sauce and Toasted Coconut (Hanami)
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice – Fleur de Lys – France Pavilion
- Pineapple Beer Flight and Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips (Pineapple Promenade)
- Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp with Orange Chile Sauce– The Citrus Blossom – Near Port of Entry
- Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake – Northern Bloom – Canada Pavilion
15. Keep Your Hands Clean
Throughout Epcot are hand sanitizing stations and restrooms (to wash your hands) to help you keep your hands clean while you eat your way around the world.
This is definitely a win for anyone doing Epcot during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
16. Try New Things
It’s easy to stick with the things most familiar to you, but that’s not what Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is all about! This is one of my favorite Flower and Garden tips.
Since the portions are smaller, it’s a great way to try something at least once…
…or twice as Andrew Zimmern states.
It is at the Epcot Food and Wine festival that I learned the art of eating escargot…
…maybe due to the dish being smothered in butter and garlic!
Epcot chefs definitely understand how to ease guests, like you and me, into exploring new cultural cuisines.
17. Enjoy Yourself!
You’re going to have fun no matter what type of day you decide to have at Epcot.
My biggest tip to having the best day is to plan out what you want to eat and do before you even get there.
You’ll also want your park and dining reservations done before you arrive at the park.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
What to Know Before You Go to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
Universal Studios Orlando Packages – Just $50 Deposit Reserves Your Planned Trip to Orlando – Browse, Book, Deposit & Go!
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot World Showcase.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Violet Sake in Japan Pavilion
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
My Final Thoughts on the Top Tips for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
Remember that you’re really going to have a great time. Try not to stress too much if you find yourself spending too much time at the Kitchens.
There’s always something going on at Epcot that will make your day memorable.
What are your favorite Epcot Flower and Garden Festival tips? Let us know in the comments section below.
Check out the articles below for more Epcot Festival Tips
- Epcot for Adults the Complete Guide
- Which EPCOT Japanese Restaurant is the BEST? These TOP 5 Will Help YOU Decide!
- The Epcot Festival of the Arts Complete Guide
- 11 BEST Things to Do at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
- Epcot Festival of the Holiday Ultimate Guide
- Epcot Festivals: A Guide To The Best Events At Walt Disney World
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Traveling alone to the parks has changed my life and I want to show how you can create your own solo theme park memories.
Connect with me on Instagram!
(Original Article Date: Spring 2014/Updated February 19, 2024)