Are you ready to learn the best Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival tips for this year’s event?
Spring is around the corner and you probably can tell due to the pollen, the birds, the bees, and the flowers springing to life.
This means that the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is here!
There you will find me in the midst of the colorful garden creations, the brilliant seminars, and the tantalizing cocktails from March 6 to June 3 of 2019!
This is the festival’s 26th year and I’m so excited to show you how to have the best day ever!
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival has definitely blossomed into its own major festival at Walt Disney World. I thought it would be great to give you some basics tips on how to maximize your time at the festival.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Thank you !
17 Pro Tips for Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
1 – Go During the Weekdays
Anyone visiting Walt Disney World on a regular day knows that going at the right time is extremely important. This concept is even more important during special events and holidays.
That’s why I recommend attending the Flower & Garden Festival during the weekday (Monday through Thursday) in order to optimize your international globe hopping experience at Epcot.
Please Note: The seminars and concerts are included with park admission. Food, drinks and special packages are sold separately. Epcot is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily (festival “kitchens” open daily at 11 a.m.)
2 – Get there Early
We’ve all heard the saying…
“the early bird catches the worm, you snooze, you lose”
…so on and so on.
It’s the classic tip for any theme park visitor, especially any Disney guest.
Coming early to the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival will give you a chance to pace yourself by allowing you to enjoy the festival attractions in both Future World and World Showcase.
3 – Attend the Tours
There’s no better way to enjoy the event than attending the amazing educational garden tours, which are mostly free or budget friendly.
A plus is that you will get to meet many of your favorite floral and topiary presenters in a much more relaxed environment compared to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
4 – Grab a Garden Passport
The passport is a pamphlet that allows you to personalize it with your name, country, date issued, and date of completion.
It also includes the locations of the topiaries, the outdoor kitchen offerings, merchandise options, and concert information. Stickers are also included for you to mark off which kitchen you’ve visited.
5 – Buy a Disney Wristlet Gift Card
For the typical pro foodie, savoring the many samples is a must.
However, doing this without a set budget could turn a fun trip into one of financial regret…
…trust me, I’ve made this mistake a few times.
Buying the wristlet gift card will also prevent any unexpected credit card swiping if you’re a bit tipsy from the adult libations.
6 – Split the Cost
Going with a friend or two or three always turns an already great journey into one of epicness!
Just ask my friends.
It also means that if you’re on a budget and down for sharing, then you can really try most of the dishes without leaving the park financially wounded.
7 – Book Your Top Epcot FastPasses and Reservations ASAP
FastPasses to the hottest attractions to any of the newest rides such as the Frozen Ever After at Epcot need to be booked like yesterday!
Trust me, you will thank me later for this.
Hipster Power Tip: When choosing FastPasses for Epcot be sure to choose at least one of the following attractions due to popularity: Frozen Ever After, Soarin Around the World, or Test Track.
In addition to booking your FastPasses, you’ll want to make other reservations early too.
Walt Disney World is the top tourist destinations in the world. This is an advantage for you, because you will never have to think of what to do while taking your solo trip.
You’ll want to book your dining or special event reservation as soon as you know your Disney vacation dates. Popular Epcot restaurants and annual events book up quickly.
8 – Explore the Topiaries
Walkaround and check out the beautiful topiary displays created by the talented Disney staff.
Don’t forget to get your picture at some of the spots with a Photopass opportunity.
9 – Map Out Your Day
This is another classic tip for any avid Disney traveler. You can read some of my Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival must do’s here!
Mapping out your day will save you the headache of missing out on unique things, especially if you’re only able to visit once.
This tip is very important, because it will help guide you on:
- where to find your gardening inspiration
- what time seminars/demonstrations will occur
- any additional information regarding speakers, performers, and other special Disney guests
10 – Plan to Visit Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Multiple Times
You will need a few trips!
One to try it all, another trip for seminars, and one to retry your favorites dishes all over again.
11 – Plan for a Cab or have a Designated Driver in the Group
Previewing the festival’s menu should give you an idea of what delicious treats can be expected.
There are many beverages that infuse fresh ingredients with lively spirits. Hopefully, you will leave balanced and able to walk out.
Be sure to have a plan for this kind of indulgence.
This will make for a safe and fun experience at Epcot.
12 – Do the Egg Hunt!
The Egg-stravaganza scavenger hunt has returned.
You can purchase the map for $5.99 at Disney Traders (price subject to change). The goal of this fun game is to find themed eggs around Epcot World Showcase.
You then turn it back in for a unique Disney character egg to take home.
13 – Do the Tea Garden Tour
In the United Kingdom pavilion, you can do a complimentary guided tour in the tea gardens called, The English Tea Garden tour.
According to Disney, you’ll learn more about the artistry behind the growing and blending of herbs, which is vital for the creation of uniquely flavored brews.
- The English Tea Garden tour lasts approximately 20 minutes.
- Same-day registration is available in The Tea Caddy gift shop.
- Advance registration is recommended, as each tour is limited to only 20 Guests.
- Tours are held Monday through Thursday at 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
There is another tour called the Royal Garden Tea Tour.
This tour begins at 9:30 a.m. in the United Kingdom Pavilion. This is an upgraded tour with tea and scones included for $20.00. This tour lasts 45 minutes.
You can book the Royal Garden Tea Tour by calling (407) 939-8687.
14 – Eat Your Heart Out!
Enjoy all of the delicious, fresh offerings in the Kitchens at this year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Epcot International Flower and Garden 2019 Festival Menu
Arbor at The Gardeners Terrace – NEW!
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil
- Smoked Salmon Stack with Avocados, Tomatoes, Sour Cream, Caviar and Focaccia Crostino
- Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cake, served with Apple Cider Sorbet (V) (GF) (KA)
- Original Sin Brewery Black Widow Hard Cider, New York, NY
- Florida Beer Company Caribé Strawberry Rose Hard Cider, Cape Canaveral, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing Key Lime Apple Hard Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
- Karbach Brewing Lemon and Ginger Radler Houston, TX
- Seadog Brewing Company Sunfish Ale, Clearwater, FL
- Shipyard Brewing Company Grind the Rind Watermelon IPA, Portland, ME
- Beer Flight
- Cider Flight
Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth – NEW!
- Citrus-poached Salmon with Ancient Grain Salad, Roasted Vegetables, Citrus Greens (GF)
- From the Garden: Roasted Beets, Cashew Cheese and Micro Herbs with Lemon-oil Dressing (GF) (V)
- •Mickey Tart Peanut Butter Mousse with Strawberry Jam and Boba Pearls (V) (KA)
- Blood Orange Aqua Fresca (non-alcoholic)
- Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt (non-alcoholic) (KA)
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (V) (KA)
- Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese (KA)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries (KA)
- Stiegl Brewery Radler Zitrone, Salzburg, Austria
- Paulaner Original Munich Lager, Munich, Germany
- Köstritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager, Bad Köstritz, Germany
- Hugo Cocktail with Sparkling Wine, Elderflower and Mint
- Beer Flight
The Citrus Blossom – NEW!
- Lobster Tail with Meyer Lemon Emulsion and Grilled Lemon (GF)
- Tuna Tataki with Spicy Yuzu Glaze, Mango, Avocado and Pappadam Crisp
- Crispy Citrus Chicken with Orange Aïoli and Baby Greens (GF) (KA)
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream, Citrus Crumble (V)
- Orange Cream Slushy in a Souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL
- Heavy Seas Brewery TropiCannon Citrus IPA, Halethorpe, MD
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- Beer Flight
Fleur de Lys
- Vichyssoise aux Concombres: Chilled Cucumber Soup (GF)
- Tarte au Chévre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a flaky Pastry Crust (V)
- Canard Confit à la Provençal: Braised Duck Confit with Tomatoes and Olives on Polenta
- Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop (GF)
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
- Kir Framboise: Sparkling Wine and Monin Raspberry
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Maison de France
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664
- Carne Guisada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Local Sweet Corn Relish
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue (KA)
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (non-alcoholic)
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company Twisted Strawberry Fest Fruit Ale, Tampa, FL
- Big Top Brewing Company Conch Republic Key Lime Wheat, Sarasota, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Monarch Milk Stout, Gainesville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Key Lime Wine, St Petersburg, FL
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Gin
- Beer Flight
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle and Toasted Coconut (V) (KA)
- Karaage with Nanban Sauce: Japanese-style Fried Chicken served on a bed of Shredded Cabbage and topped with a Soy and Vinegar-based Dressing (KA)
- Kirin Draft Beer
- Sayuri “Little Lilly” Nigori Sake
- “Ichigo Sun” Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail with Sake, Strawberry Purée and Lemonade
Jardin de Fiestas
- Tlacoyo: Blue Corn Masa topped with Black Bean Spread, Ground Chorizo, Queso Fresco and Mexican Cream
- Beef Torta: Braised Beef served on a Crispy Sourdough Roll with Queso Oaxaca, Avocado, Pickled Onions and Jalapeños in a Spicy Habanero Sauce
- Tres Leches: Milk-soaked Sponge Cake topped with Cajeta Whipped Cream and Almond Powder
- Cerveza: Allende Golden Ale Craft Beer served with a Liqueur Floater
- Damiana Flower Margarita: Damiana Flower Liqueur, Blanco Tequila, Agave Nectar and Citrus Juices served on the rocks with a Black Ant Salt Rim
- Oaxacan Gin & Tonic: Smokey Gin, Black Currant Liqueur, Vermouth, Lime Juice and Tonic Water
- Rosé Sangria: Withers Rosé Wine, Tequila Blanco, Elderflower and Ginger Liqueur, Pineapple, Cactus Pear and Ginger Juices
La Isla Fresca
- Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce
- Tropical Mousse Cake: Layers of Passion Fruit Cake, Coconut Mousse and a Tropical Fruit Glaze with Fresh Pineapple (KA)
- Tropical Freeze (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Golden Road Brewing Tart Mango Cart Wheat Ale, Los Angeles, CA
- Tropical Freeze with Cruzan Mango Rum
- Szechuan Spicy Red-braised Beef Shank over Rice
- House-made Crab and Cheese Wontons
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (V) (KA)
- “Panda” Bubble Tea: Classic Milk Tea with Black and White Bobas (non-alcoholic)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Pirates of the China Sea: Dark Rum, Peach Syrup and Piña Colada Mix
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup and Orange Juice
- Plum Wine Cooler
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple-wood Smoked Bacon (GF)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables (KA)
- Griddled Maple Pound Cake with Warm Peach Compote and Sweet Corn Gelato featuring Burton’s Maple Syrup (KA)
- Unibroue Éphérmère Apple Wheat Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whisky
- Unibroue Blanche de Chambly Belgian White Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Unibroue Lune de Miel Amber Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Beer Flight
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Pineapple Soft-serve (V) (KA)
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Fanta® (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Coastal Empire Beer Co. Coco Piña Gose, Savannah, GA (flight)
- Maui Brewing Co. Pineapple Mana Wheat, Kihei, HI (flight)
- SweetWater Brewing Company Goin’ Coastal IPA with Pineapple, Atlanta, GA (flight)
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL
- Pineapple Soft-serve Ice Cream with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Pineapple Beer Flight
- Pizza Toscana: Rustic Italian Flatbread with Sweet Sausage, Caramelized Onion, Mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan Cheeses (KA)
- Pomodori Verdi e Mozzarella: Fried Green Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Balsamic Reduction
- Tri-Colored Cheese Tortellini, Sage Butter and Chicken Veloute (KA)
- Zeppole: Ricotta Cheese Fritters, Powdered sugar, Raspberry Sauce and Chocolate-hazelnut Drizzle (KA)
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro Pilsner
- Moretti La Rossa
- Placido Pinot Grigio
- Placido Chianti
- Villa Sandi Prosecco
- Montegrande Corbinello
- Fior d’Arancio Montegrande Moscato
- Bellini: Sparkling Wine and Peach Purée
- Frozen Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
Taste of Marrakesh
- Harissa Chicken Kebab with Dried Fruit Couscous Salad
- Fried Cauliflower with Capers, Garlic Parsley and Chili-ranch Sauce
- Walnut Honey Baklava
- Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur
- White Sangria
- Casa Beer
- Larroque Chardonnay, Meknes
THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw (KA)
- Shredded Beef Brisket with Smoked Potato, Chorizo Fondue and Green Tomato Relish
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (V)
- Frozen Simply™ Lemonade (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Central 28 Brewing Company Sunshine Greetings Orange Hibiscus Wheat Ale, DeBary, FL
- 3 Daughters Brewing Phantasmas Spicy Double IPA, St. Petersburg, FL
- Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout, Clearwater, FL
- Boneshaker Zinfandel, Lodi, CA
- Frozen Simply™ Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine
- Beer Flight
The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board
- Roasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Purée, Wild Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, Honey-blistered Grapes, Sunflower Brittle and Coriander Flowers (GF) (V)
- Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with White Cheddar Cheese, Charred Vegetables, Clover Honey Sour Cream and Micro Citrus Greens
- Local Wildflower Honey-mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses and Petite Lavender Shoots (V) (KA)
- Honey-peach Cobbler Freeze (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Goodwood Brewing Company Brandy Barrel Honey Ale, Louisville, KY
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Honey-peach Cobbler Freeze with Blueberry Vodka
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by IMPOSSIBLE Foods – NEW!
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (GF) (V) (KA)
- Farmhouse Meatball with Lentil Bread, Spinach, Marinated Vegetables, Creamy Herb Dressing (V)
- Chocolate Pudding Terrarium with Avocado Cream, Matcha Crumb, Pomegranate and Baby Herbs (GF) (V)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Vibrant Probiotic (non-alcoholic)
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® (non-alcoholic)
- suja® Organic Cold Pressed Juice: Noon Greens™ (non-alcoholic)
- Playalinda Brewing Company Tropical Wonderland Wheat Ale, Titusville, FL
- Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon and Ginger Tea featuring Twinings of London® with Tito’s Handmade Vodka served in a Mason Jar
More Epcot International Flower and Garden Menu Options
- Key Lime Funnel Cake topped with Crumbled Graham Cracker and Whipped Cream
Block & Hans
- Lexington Brewing Company Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale, Lexington, KY
- Short’s Brewing Company Local’s Light Lager, Bellaire, MI
- Dogfish Head Brewery American Beauty Pale Ale, Milton, DE
- Brooklyn Brewery Defender IPA, Brooklyn, NY
- Golden Road Brewing Pineapple Cart Wheat Ale, Los Angeles, CA
- 3 Daughters Brewing Hard Rosé Cider, St. Petersburg, FL
- Beer Flight
- Violet Blueberry Vanilla Croissant Doughnut
- Berry Tea Mint Julep (non-alcoholic)
- Berry Tea Mint Julep with Bourbon
- Coffee-rubbed Pork Poutine with Barbecue Demi-Glace, Fire-roasted Corn Relish and Cheese Curds
- Stow Away Mary: Classic Bloody Mary with Absolut Vodka garnished with Pimento-stuffed Olives, Cherry Tomato, Celery, Jumbo Shrimp and Smokehouse Jerky
Fife & Drum Tavern
- Short’s Brewing Company Soft Parade Shandy, Bellaire, MI
Other Specialty Coffee Drink Offerings
Future World Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company ©: Pedal to the Meadow – Frozen Cappuccino topped with Vodka and Kahlúa Liqueur
Port of Entry Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company: Cold Clover – Cold Brew Coffee with Irish Cream Syrup and topped with Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
American Adventure Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company: Bee’s Buzz – Frozen Lemonade and Coconut Syrup topped with Pineapple Rum
Showcase Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company: Goose on the Loose – Frozen Passion Fruit and Le Citron Vodka topped with Iced Tea
15 – Watch the 2019 Epcot Garden Rocks Concert Series
Don’t feel bad if you’re not able to go to the first show.
Most bands tend to change up the song lineup throughout the evening. I’ve found the second and third shows tend to be the best.
The band is usually warmed up and there’s a much better energy from both the crowd and the artists.
Remember that queue lines form on both sides of the theater.
You can get the full 2019 Epcot Garden Rocks Concert Series lineup here!
16 – Try New Things
It’s easy to stick with the things most familiar to you, but that’s not what Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is all about!
Since the portions are smaller, it’s a great way to try something at least once…
…or twice as Andrew Zimmern states.
It is at the Epcot Food and Wine festival that I learned the art of eating escargot…
…maybe due to the dish being smothered in butter and garlic!
Epcot chefs definitely understand how to ease guests, like you and me, into exploring new cultural cuisines.
17 – Enjoy Yourself!
What to Know Before You Go
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Remember that you’re really going to have a great time. Try not to stress too much if you find yourself spending too much time at the Kitchens.
There’s always something going on at Epcot that will make your day memorable.
What’s your favorite tip for Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival?
Check out the articles below for more Epcot Festival Tips
- Epcot for Adults the Complete Guide
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival MENU
- Food and Wine Eat to the Beat Concert Schedule
- Epcot Food and Wine Culinary Demonstration Schedule
- Best Snacks at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- Epcot Festival of the Arts Complete Guide
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!