Are you looking for the BEST things to do at Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
Don’t worry, I’m here to help.
We all know that it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Nope not Christmas, but close enough.
The 27th annual Epcot Food and Wine Festival is where food and theme park aficionados rendezvous to satisfy their daring epicurean desires.
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival features more than 30 global marketplaces with dates from July 27th through November 18, 2023!
Over 100 days of pure Epcot festival bliss!
So, I take it as my duty to inform and give tips to both newcomers and returnees of everything each ThemeParkHipster should know for the 2023 festival!
So, these are the 17 best things to do at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. Visit All the Epcot Food Booths
While enjoying the World Showcase at Epcot, be sure to eat your way through the marketplaces.
In case you don’t know, the Global Marketplaces are little food booths that give you a sample size of a seasonal dish for the country represented.
This is by far the BEST part of the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival.
2023 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Booths:
- The Alps (Near Germany)
- Australia (Near Port of Entry)
- Belgium (Between France and Morocco)
- Brazil (Between France and Morocco)
- Brew-Wing at the Odyssey
- Bubbles & Brine – Opening September 22
- Coastal Eats (Near Mission: SPACE®) – Opening August 15
- Char & Chop – Opening September 22
- Flavors from Fire (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®)
- Flavors of America
- The Fry Basket (Near Test Track presented by Chevrolet®) – NEW!
- Greece (Near Morocco)
- Hawaiʻi (Near Port of Entry) – Opening August 15
- India (Near China)
- Ireland (Near the United Kingdom)
- Kenya (Near Refreshment Outpost)
- The Noodle Exchange (Near Disney Traders) – Opening August 15
- Shimmering Sips hosted by CORKCICLE® (Near Port of Entry)
- Spain (Between Italy and Germany)
- Swirled Showcase – Opening September 22
- Wine & Wedge – Opening September 22
- Connections Cafe & Connections Eatery
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina (Morocco)
- Refreshment Port
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
2. Know What the Best Food and Drinks are at The Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Don’t hold back! Enjoy your must have drinks and food at this incredible Disney festival!
Top 10 Best Food at Epcot Food and Wine 2023:
- A Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette (The Alps
- The Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache (Belgium)
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (Brazil)
- Frozen Caipirinha with Cachaça (Brazil)
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings with Celery and Ranch (Brew-Wing in the Odessey)
- Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll (Canada)
- Oysters Rockefeller (Coastal Eats)
- Smoked Corned Beef with Crispy Potatoes, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue (Flavors From Fire)
- Fry Flight: Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Fries (plant-based), Barbecued Bacon Fries with Smoked Aïoli, and Sweet Potato Casserole Fries with Candied Pecans, Toasted Marshmallow Cream and Maple Bourbon (The Fry Basket)
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake with Walnuts and Cream Cheese Icing (Flavors of America)
Recommended: The Solo Theme Park Traveler’s Guide
3. Watch the JAMMin’ Chefs
This musical crew creates music using everyday items such as kitchen pots, pans and other household items.
4. Attend the Food and Wine Festival Special Events and Seminars (Temporarily Postponed for 2023)
A plus is that you will get to meet many of your favorite chefs, wine, or food connoisseurs in a much more relaxed environment similar to that of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
5. Party It Up at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival at the Eat to the Beat Concert
The Epcot Eat to the Beat Concert is the annual concert series that features popular bands from the 80s, 90s, and the 2000s.
It takes place on the American Gardens Theater stage in the American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot.
Each year, the festival brings back a fan favorite, Boyz II Men, but there are also some other good artists coming for the amazing annual Food and Wine extravaganza!
2023 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Concert Schedule:
- Orianthi (NEW) – July 28-29
- FOR KING + COUNTRY (NEW) – July 30-31
- Southern Avenue – August 4-5
- Tiffany – August 6-7
- Ruben Studdard with Haley Reinhart – August 11-12
- The Bacon Brothers (NEW) – August 13-14
- Joey Fatone & Friends – August 18-21
- Ayron Jones (NEW) – August 25-26
- Phillip Phillips (NEW) – August 27-28
- Baha Men – September 1-2
- MercyMe – September 3-4
- Ray Parker Jr. – September 8-9
- TobyMac – September 10-11
- Celebrity Latin Talent – September 15-16
- Raul Acosta and Oro Solido (NEW) – September 17-18
- Los Amigos Invisibles – September 22-23
- 98 °– September 24-25
- Boyz II Men – September 29-October 2
- Mark Wills – October 6-7
- Sugar Ray – October 8-9
- Hoobastank – October 13-14
- Air Supply – October 15-16
- Taylor Dayne – October 20-21
- Billy Ocean – October 22-23
- Hanson – October 27-30
- We The Kings (NEW) – November 3-4
- Sheila E. – November 5-6
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – November 10-11
- 38 Special – November 12-13
You’ll also be able to discover some of Florida’s top musical talent—performing Tuesday to Thursday nights. Get the full Epcot concert schedule here.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
6. Upgrade Your Day and Get an Epcot Eat to the Beat Dining Package
Why not enjoy a meal that also guarantees your seat for any Eat to the Beat Concert.
You can feel safe knowing that you will not miss Boyz II Men, because your reservation is confirmed!
What’s included in the Eat to the Beat Dining Package?
- An appetizer, entrée and dessert or one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
- One (1) guaranteed seat per person to an Eat to the Beat concert held on the same day
You can get the full guide here.
7. Enjoy the Mariachi Cobre (Mexico Pavilion)
This band is filled with the world famous traditional folk music from Jalisco, Mexico.
The ensemble also includes 3 guitarists, 12 trumpet players, and 7 violinists that will take you into their own culture, while being in the charm and magic of Walt Disney World.
8. Do an Epcot Food and Wine Festival Scavenger Hunt with Remy
Each Epcot festival offers a scavenger hunt that’s unique to that particular event.
Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt
This Ratatouille-inspired experience allows you trot all over Epcot World Showcase looking for the culinary master, Remy.
How does the Ratatouille Scavenger Hunt work?
Purchase your map and stickers from select Festival merchandise locations (Port of Entry, Pin Traders-Camera Center, World Traveler)
- Find Remy hidden throughout World Showcase
- Once you find him, match the ingredient that he has with the right sticker and add it to your map
- Find them all and bring your completed map to Disney Traders, World Traveler or Gateway Gifts
- Receive your special prize
9. Go on a Cheese Hunt thru Emile’s Fromage Montage
This fun adventure will have you tasting different cheeses from around the globe in a variety of unique ways.
How does the Epcot cheese scavenger hunt work?
- Purchase any 5 cheese dishes from select Global Marketplaces listed on your Epcot Passport
- Collect ALL 5 stamps
- Bring the stamped Festival Passport to Shimmering Sips
- Receive your special prize
Where to find the cheeses on Emile’s Fromage Montage?
- India: Curry-Spiced Crispy Cheese with Mango-Curry Ketchup
- Germany: Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese
- Greece: Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey
- Brazil: Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Canada: Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll
- Flavors from Fire: Smoked Corned Beef with House-Made Potato Chips, Cheese Curds, Pickled Onions and Beer-Cheese Fondue
- Hawaii – Opening August 15, 2023: Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- The Alps: Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Alpine Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette OR Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Shaved Ham, Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette
- Spain: Charcuterie in a Cup with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, Olives and an Herbed Serrano Vinaigrette
- Wine & Wedge: Assorted Artisanal Cheeses and Accouterments Boursin® Fig Balsamic Soufflé with Fig Tapenade OR Southern Pimento Cheese with Bread-and-Butter Pickled Vegetables and Grilled Bread
10. Go on a Great Halloween Hunt with Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit
Come celebrate Halloween season at Walt Disney World as you get the opportunity to go on a special pumpkin hunt with Pluto from September 29 to October 31, 2023 (or while supplies last).
Here’s how Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit works:
- 1st: Purchase your special map and stickers at one of the select locations (Creations Shop, Port of Entry and World Traveler at International Gateway)
- 2nd: Go on your Halloween hunt for hidden decorative Disney characters throughout the park
- 3rd: Place the correct sticker of the corresponding character on your Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit map
- 4th: Return your completed map to Disney Traders (located at the entrance to World Showcase) or World Traveler (located at International Gateway) for a fun Halloween treat
Keep in mind that you can still get your prize if you’re not able to complete this Epcot Scavenger Hunt.
11. Listen to the Voices of Liberty (American Pavilion)
The Voices of Liberty is an Epcot ensemble that sings traditional American music with the most talented Cast Members at Disney World.
12. Get Epcot Food and Wine Festival Merchandise
Before you grab your seat for the fireworks show, be sure to make any Epcot Food and Wine Festival merchandise purchases.
This will ensure that you have a few nice souvenirs to take home.
Shop for Your Perfect Epcot Food and Wine Festival merchandise at shopDisney.com!
13. Join the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend
Why not conquer two things at once and visit Disney’s Epcot on your solo trip AND participate in the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.
It will take place during the weekend of November 2nd through the 5th of 2023. You can get all the details right here!
14. Go on the Best rides at Epcot
Disney’s Epcot has some of the best theme park attractions in the world. Be sure to try my recommended must-do Epcot rides below!
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Mission Space
- Soarin Around the World
- Test Track
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout
15. Try New Things at Epcot Food and Wine Festival
It’s easy to stick with the things most familiar to you, but that’s not what the Epcot Food and Wine Festival is all about!
Stop by and try food you’ve never dreamed about tasting. Since the portions are smaller, it’s a great way to try something at least once (or twice as Andrew Zimmern states).
It was at this Disney Food and Wine Festival that I learned the art of eating escargot and it was delicious!
Or maybe it was tasty due to the fact that the dish was smothered in butter and garlic…
Either way it goes, the Epcot Cast Members definitely understand how to ease Guests, like you and me, into exploring new cultural cuisines and practices.
16. Grab Fireworks Spot Early and Watch the Show
After you have indulged in all the seasonal fun at Epcot, it’s time to find your perfect spot for the fireworks show.
One of my favorite locations is the quiet area between Germany and the African-inspired Refreshment Post underneath the trees.
However, the perfect spot is over the bridge in the Italy Pavilion.
17. Do the La Cava Del Tequila Tasting
It’s one of the BEST things for adults to do at Walt Disney World.
By its name alone, it should tell you what kind of fun you will be in for the day.
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
10 Pro Tips for 2023 Epcot Food and Wine Festival
1. Get there early.
Coming early to the Food and Wine Festival will give you a chance to pace yourself by enjoying the attractions in the front of the park, allowing you to take your time globetrotting around World Showcase.
2. Go during the weekdays.
For the best time I recommend attending the festival during the weekdays (Monday through Thursday).
3. Plan to visit multiple times.
Check out my latest theme park adventures on Instagram TODAY!
4. Put money on a Disney wristlet gift card.
Tasting the many samples without a set budget could turn a fun trip into one of financial regret…
…trust me, I’ve made this mistake a few times.
Be sure to put buying a Disney wristlet gift card at the top of your priority list.
5. Attend the seminars and special events (once they return).
There’s no better way to enjoy the event than attending the amazing variety of classes. The classes are done very well and are lots of fun!
6. Split the cost.
Going with a friend or two or three lowers your budget and makes the event memorable. You can share and really make the most of the dishes without leaving the park broke.
7. Plan for a cab or have a designated driver in the group.
Previewing the festival’s menu gives you an idea of what delicious treats can be expected.
There are lots of drinks (mostly adult inspired) that will hopefully leave you balanced and able to walk out.
Be sure to have a plan for this kind of indulgence, it makes for a safe and fun experience at Epcot.
8. Map out and plan out your day.
This is another classic tip for any avid Disney traveler.
Mapping out your day will save you the headache of missing out on cool things especially if you’re only able to visit once.
This tip is very important, because it will help guide you on where to find the marketplaces, what time seminars/events will occur, and any additional information regarding speakers, performers, and other special Disney guests.
9. Reservations are Your Friend.
Most Food and Wine Festival fans know that the small spots for the great classes fill up fast.
So, it is highly recommended to reserve what seminar, restaurant or event you’re the most excited to attend.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
10. Have Fun!
You’re really going to have a great time, so try not to stress too much if you find yourself spending too much time at the marketplaces or in the classes.
There’s always something going on in the park that will bring great delight to your heart. Have fun, learn something, eat well, and drink up!
Listen to MORE Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tips here!
What to Know Before You Go to Epcot Food and Wine Festival
As you prepare for your trip out to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, let me answer a few of the most commonly asked questions for you.
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Do you need a separate ticket for Epcot Food and Wine?
You do not need an additional ticket to participate in the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
If you plan on doing any of the special dining experiences, then you will have to pay additional fee.
Can you use snack credits at Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
You sure can! The snack credit can be used for most food items under $5.49. Simple snacks include pastries, ice cream bars, water bottles and soda.
Since many of the items on the Epcot Food and Wine Festival menu are in that category, you can use your snack credits to partake in this Disney dining adventure!
*Please note that the Disney Dining Plan is temporarily suspended.
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that. Nothing else needs to follow…
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
Read the best drinks at Epcot here!
How Do You Book Your Reservations for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Special Events, Restaurants and Seminars?
Reservations can be made by calling 407/WDW-FEST (407-939-3378) or online. Remember to book quickly to guarantee a spot.
My Final Thoughts on the Best Things to Do at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
I hope this post helped guide you towards a great experience at the 2023 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
Don’t worry if you’re not able to see and do everything. I just want you to have fun and enjoy exploring all the different countries.
What’s your favorite thing to do at the festival? Let me know in the comments section below.
Get More Epcot Festival Tips Here:
- The Ultimate Guide to doing Epcot as an Adult
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival MENU
- 5 BEST Things to Do at Epcot for Adults (YOU CAN’T MISS)
- 3 WORST Epcot Rides for Solo Travelers (Solo Disney Trip)
- 17 Amazing Flower & Garden Festival Tips
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Traveling alone to the parks has changed my life and I want to show how you can create your own solo theme park memories.
Connect with me on Instagram!
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
(Original Article 2017/Updated July 26, 2023)