Summer vacation might be over, but one interesting annual event that’s not to be missed has only just started – the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
Enjoy the most thrilling Halloween season this year at the Magic Kingdom without the terrifying frights.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
The Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is an annual event that started in 1995 as a single celebration but with time and given its popularity it expanded into a long seasonal event.
The 2020 events have been cancelled due to the pandemic. Below are the events listed from the previous year to give you an idea of what happens each year at this event. You can also go through the tips to prepare for next year’s event.
What’s New for Mickey’s Halloween Party?
This classic family event has added a few spices to this year’s event, making the show more fun and entertaining.
The brand new events for the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party include the Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular, Disney DescenDANCE Party and the Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way.
The 2020 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates are as follows: CANCELLED
- August 13, 18, 21, 25, 28
- September 1, 4, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Ticket Prices
You can purchase Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets online and in advance, though some wait until the event date draws closer for one reason – to keep tabs on the weather conditions.
For bookings, all you need do is to select the number of tickets and choose the right date. Please note that you don’t need a ticket for kids age 3 and below.
Learn how to find your perfect vacation home rental near Disney World by Clicking HERE!
Do you have to buy a ticket for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Yes you do. This Disney Halloween party is a separated event that occurs each fall at the Magic Kingdom.
How much are tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
The 2020 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets price for kids aged 3 – 9 range from $80 – $144, and for adults expect price range from $85 – $149.
The price for the party depends on the night you choose.
Do Annual Passholders get a discount on Mickey’s Halloween party?
Equally impressive is the fact that annual passholders get tickets at a discount for the Halloween Party, with prices ranging from $69 – $105 for kids and $74 – $110 for adults.
Please note that the final details regarding this discount are still pending.
All you have to do is log into your My Disney Experience account to purchase your discount ticket.
Unfortunately, discounted prices aren’t available for passholders on the night of Halloween. This means you will have to pay in full.
NEW – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass
Walt Disney World Resort is introducing the new Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass that will give you the opportunity to experience Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park for up to 35 nights.
The cost of this pass is $299 per adult (plus tax) or $284 (plus tax) for children. Please note that this pass is not valid for admission for 2019. Prices for 2020 are still pending.
Guests with an existing event ticket can modify to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Season Pass by calling (407) 939-4295 or visiting any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tips
1 – Arrive Early
One of the most important tips is to arrive early.
How early can you get into Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
The party doesn’t start until 7 p.m., but you are given access into the Magic Kingdom through the specially marked party entrance at the front of the park as early as 4 p.m.
The five hours you will get (7 p.m. to midnight) can be done if you have an airtight plan, but I recommend getting to the park closer to 3 p.m. in order to give you enough time to park and get through security.
This will allow you to get checked in early, enjoy some attractions, and eat before all the Halloween fun starts.
2 – Know How to Prep Before You Go
The weather can be unpredictable in Orlando. There will be at least one afternoon rainstorm during the months of August and September.
So, I recommend to pack and dress comfortably and light for the party.
Hipster Power Tip: Choose your outfit wisely.
More importantly, if you are bringing your little one, do not forget to pack some extra clothing for them – you never know when you might need it.
Mickey Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costume Ideas:
- Princess Tiana
- Harry Potter
- Bellatrix LeStrange
- The Hip Lady with the Afro in Spaceship Earth at Epcot
- Gaston & Belle
- Cinderella & Prince Charming
- Kylo Ren & Rey
- Haunted Mansion Host
- The Red Head from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Epcot’s Dreamfinder
- Woody & Jessie
- The Family in Carousel of Progress
These are just a few ideas for you. If you’re not into dressing up, then maybe Disneybounding is a better option for you.
Disneybounding is where you dress in similar colors and patterns of your favorite character.
If you’re like me, then a cool t-shirt is all you need for a fun Disney Halloween costume!
You can browse more Disney Halloween costume ideas for adults here!
3 – Know the Disney Halloween Costume Policy
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 is so special because it’s the only time adults and kids are allowed to dress up and enter the park in a costume.
Choose costumes that make you feel comfortable.
Disney Costume Rules
- Do not wear masks that obstruct your vision
- Guests age 14 and above are not allowed to wear costume that drags on the floor
- No sharp or dangerous objects are allowed
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist
You can read more of the Halloween costume rules here.
4 – Choose the Best Days
The most popular dates to attend are on October 31st and all Fridays in October, as you’ll meet lots of locals at the event at these times.
Hipster Power Tip: Avoid Halloween and the weekends for Mickey’s Halloween Party.
Other days of the week and early September attracts a lesser crowd.
You can view the full Disney Crowd Calendar here!
5 – Watch Boo to You Parade
The Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party’s “Boo to You” Parade is a must-watch experience of the night!
You’ll want to snag your parade spot early to see the Headless Horseman ride through the route.
The perfect spot in in Liberty Square near the Hall of Presidents.
Hipster Power Tip: Watch the second Boo to You Parade if the weather is cooperative. You’ll be able to get a seating spot for the parade. Especially around the hub area near Cinderella Castle.
If the weather is not good, then I say to stick to the first parade.
The Boo to You Parade is one of the major highlights at the event. Plus, you’ll leave with the famous song stuck in your head!
6 – Map Out Your Plan Before You Arrive
Before you head out, make sure you know what offerings are available for this year’s Halloween party.
Do your personal research to know which events of the night will suit you best.
Review the map online before you get to Mickey’s Halloween Party. This will help you create an itinerary where you can see all of your must do rides, entertainment, and food.
7 – Review the Trick-or-Treat Candy Locations
One of the great things about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is that there are lots of candy stations located around the park, where you can enjoy an all-you-can-eat trick-or-treating experience.
Make sure you research the different candy locations available to you make the most of your time at the event.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Trick-or-Treat Locations
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Market Street U.S.A.
- Town Square Theater (This is an Allergy-Friendly Location)
- Jungle Cruise
- Tortuga Tavern
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Miner’s Cove
- Splash Mountain
- Liberty Square Ticket Office (This is an Allergy-Friendly Location)
- The Diamond Horseshoe
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Walt Disney World Railroad Station
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
8 – Watch the Fireworks Show
The fireworks show is by far one of the most anticipated events at the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Keep in mind that the fireworks show does not start until 10:15 p.m.
Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular
Also, the brand-new fireworks will feature Jack Skellington as he takes you through classic Disney Halloween stories with highly advanced projection effects, lasers, and lighting.
Be sure to nab yourself the perfect location as you watch the fireworks illuminate the Magic Kingdom skies.
9 – Don’t Miss the Nightly Entertainment & Shows
There are lots of entertaining events that shouldn’t be missed, including:
- Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way – dine and mingle with Cruella De Vil in this separately ticket event
- Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular (replaced HalloWishes) – 10:15 p.m.
- Halloween Dance Parties (Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball, and DisneyDescenDANCE Party) – takes place throughout the night
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – 8:30 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12 a.m.
- Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade – 9:15 p.m., 11:15 p.m.
- Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party
- The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
10 – Treat Yourself to the Halloween Dessert Party
To enjoy this party, you’ll need to book your reservations in advance online.
The Halloween Dessert Party which gives you a wonderful view of the fireworks show at the Tomorrowland Terrace, with major delicious highlights being Halloween themed:
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Ice cream
- Seasonal fruits & cheeses
- Sparkling cider
- Signature lemonades
- Coffee, tea and hot chocolate
11 – Repeat Your Trick or Treat Visit to the Candy Locations
Why only circle the trick-or-treat candy stations once???
You have to do it big at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and TREAT YO SELF!
Go around the candy trail a few more times and get your money’s worth.
Candy stations are available all evening, so don’t feel like you need to hurry. Disney provides a candy bag for collecting candy along the way.
Hipster Power Tip: In order for you to carry all that delicious Halloween candy and snacks you will be getting, it’s best to bring your own bag.
You can use your smaller official Disney bag to collect the candy. Once that bag is filled, transfer the candy to the bag you brought from home and continue your trick or treating adventures!
According to Disney, if you have any allergies, please see a Cast Member to pick up a teal-colored treat bag. When you trick-or-treat with your teal bag, you’ll receive a teal token at our treat stations.
Later on, you can redeem these teal tokens at our Allergy-Friendly Centers for your special treats!
12 – Review Character Locations Before Your Trip
Before arriving at the event, get a hold of the event map to know where the characters are located. This way, you can visit the most in-demand characters and rare ones for photo ops upon arrival.
Hipster Power Tip: Choose your character meet-and-greets wisely or you will spend most of your time waiting in line.
Some of the most popular characters are the Seven Dwarfs, Jack Skellington and Sally and Moana. These characters are known to have two hour wait-times.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 Character Locations
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Jack Skellington and Sally (Town Square Theater)
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Aladdin and Abu
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Genie and Jasmine
- Tarzan, Jane and Terk
- Anastasia and Drizella
- Ariel and Eric
- Belle and Gaston
- Cruella DeVil
- Daisy Duck
- Donald Duck
- Minnie Mouse
- Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore
- Princess Elena
- Princess Tiana
- Queen of Hearts, Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum
- Seven Dwarfs
- Lotso the Bear (Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear)
13 – Take Advantage of the Open Rides and Attractions
Maximize your exciting experience by arriving early, so you can spend as much time in the Magic Kingdom as possible before the official Disney Halloween party starts.
Once the event starts, you’ll want to dedicate all your time enjoying the Halloween additions like the parade, the candy stops, the unique shows, and Halloween treats.
You’ll get a special wristband, so cast members know that you came for the Halloween party.
Attractions and Rides Open During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020
- “It’s a small world”
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Keep in mind that this list may change at any time during the event.
14 – Put on Your Dancing Shoes
Your trip to Florida for the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 will be incomplete without dancing There are lots of opportunities available to show off your dancing skills.
Be sure to party at the parties such as:
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam
- Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball
- DisneyDescenDANCE Party
15 – Know the Best Photo Opportunities
Consider using the Disney PhotoPass for special Halloween-themed magical shots. Many of the PhotoPass opportunities add a unique ghostly feature to your photo.
Some of my favorite locations to find a fun PhotoPass photographer are in the main entrance of the Magic Kingdom, the Town Square, Main Street U.S.A., and the Haunted Mansion.
16 – Enjoy the Spooky Attraction Enhancements
Don’t miss out on the supernatural additions on select rides and attractions during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
The Magic Kingdom rides and attractions with added frights are:
- Space Mountain: Ride in complete darkness to a new Halloween-inspired soundtrack.
- Haunted Mansion: Chat with an interactive haunt on the lawn of this famous mansion.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Chat with pirates placed throughout this classic boat ride!
- Mad Tea Party: Enjoy special Halloween effects that enhance your twisty experience!
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: Take a break in this new interactive comedy experience monsters who want to know more about Halloween!
17 – Eat Early
Don’t waste your time during the Halloween Party eating at a sit-down restaurant. Instead, eat at a full service or quick service restaurant before the party.
This will allow you to focus on more of the Halloween entertainment and attractions available during the event.
18 – Enjoy the Unique Halloween Treats
Every year Disney serves Halloween treats that are special to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
This year you’ll be able to enjoy the 2019 Halloween party treats below:
- Amuck, Amuck, Amuck Cupcake – Available Daily at Main Street Bakery
- Halloween Cinnamon Roll – Available Daily at Main Street Bakery
- Jack and Sally Push Cake Pops – Party-Exclusive, Available at Carts near Cinderella Castle
- Donald Duck Brownie – Available Daily at Casey’s Corner
- Now Begin Thy Magic Spell – Party Exclusive, Available at Casey’s Corner
- Hades Nachos – Party Exclusive, Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café
- Billy’s Worms & Dirt – Party Exclusive, Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café
- Caramel Pretzel, Cinnamon Donuts, and Frozen Apple Cider – Party Exclusive, Available at Golden Oak Outpost
- Headless Horseman Cheesecake – Party Exclusive, Available at Sleepy Hollow
- Chocolate Mickey Waffle Sundae – Party Exclusive, Available at Sleepy Hollow
- Constance’s for Better or For Worse Wedding Cake – Party Exclusive, Available at the Liberty Square Popcorn Cart
- Maleficent Cone – Available Daily at Storybook Treats
- Snake Eyes – Party Exclusive, Available at Storybook Treats (Coming in September!)
- Pumpkin Spice Soft Serve Sundae – Available Daily at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- The Pumpkin Spice Milkshake – Available Daily at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Berry Blaster – Party Exclusive, Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Lots-O-Burger – Party Exclusive, Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Pirates Horizon – Party Exclusive, Available at Aloha Isle
- Hades Hatred – Party Exclusive, Available at Cool Ship
19 – Shop for Special Disney Halloween Merchandise
While on your spooktacular adventure, don’t forget to grab some exclusive Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party merchandise.
They are usually super cute and creative. Plus, they’re perfect Disney memorabilia to keep around for a long time.
You can find more Disney Halloween merchandise here!
What to Know Before You Go
Before you make your way out to this year’s Halloween party, let’s go through a few of the most common questions.
Should You Take the Little Ones?
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 is a family event, so kids are welcomed. You can bring your entire family member to catch in on the fun and excitement or you can go solo.
Can I visit the Magic Kingdom on Days When Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is at Night?
Of course, you can. Sometimes, the park isn’t as crowded during the weekdays of the event. While exploring the park, you’ll be asked to leave if you’re not one of the party guests.
How Will They Know I’m a Halloween Party Guest?
If you get to the park around 4 p.m., which is earlier than usual, you can visit stations around the park where you can register for the party.
You’ll give Cast Members your ticket information, and in return, you will get a wristband, so they can easily identify you as a party guest.
Do I Have to Pay More for the Trick-or-Treat Experience?
No! You don’t have to. The trick-or-treating experiences are included with your ticket price.
Do I Have to Dress Up to Trick-or-Treat at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Wearing a costume to trick or treat is not mandatory, but it’s definitely a lot of fun to dress up for the Halloween party!
When Does the Parade and Fireworks Start?
The Boo to You Parade takes place twice during the party. However, the first one which usually runs around 9:15 p.m. attracts a much larger crowd that the second which starts at 11:15 p.m.
The all-new fireworks show, replacing HalloWishes, starts at 10:15 p.m.
It’s one of the most spectacular sights of the event. The fireworks are not only colorful but also more prominent when compared to the typical Disney firework show.
Where Are the Candy Locations?
There are lots of spots where you can trick-or-treat in the park. Some of the top locations for trick-or-treating include Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.
How Crowded is the Event?
Over the years, the event has become increasingly popular. The dates closest to Halloween attracts more crowd.
However, it is always less crowded than a typical day at the park
Can you use FastPass at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
FastPass+ is not offered during the party since it is a ticketed event with a lower crowd level. I recommend using a FastPass+ reservation before the party.
Once the event starts, go to your favorite characters, do the rides during the first parade, then trick-or-treat throughout the night.
Remember that you can get your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets here!
Although it is pretty much impossible to see and do it all in one night, I still think Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is worth a visit.
This is because there’s more than enough experience here.
Despite the prices for tickets to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2020, it’s hard not to love the activities at the annual party.
Enjoy the most exciting time with friends and loved ones at your own pace and convenience. What’s more is that there’s something for people of all ages.
Let me know what your favorite tip is for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- 15 Sensational SeaWorld Spooktacular Tips
- How to Survive Halloween Horror Nights
- Is Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Scary
- Best Fall Events in Orlando
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney World Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date April 13, 2015/Updated June 22, 2020)