Do you want to know what the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom are for your trip?
Touring Walt Disney World over the course of a few days is enough to make anyone hungry, especially since you’ll be walking upwards of 10 miles a day!
While Epcot is known as the foodie destination at Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom still has some fun offerings, you just need to know where to look.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. Sleepy Hollow (Best Breakfast in Magic Kingdom)
The waffles are perfectly crispy, and because the waffles are so hot the Nutella begins to melt into the holes of the waffle. The whole dish is then loaded with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.
You can find Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square near The Hall of Presidents. The seating area also has great views of Cinderella Castle!
ORDER NOW to secure your ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY DISNEY TICKETS!
2. The Plaza (Best Lunch in Magic Kingdom)
Lunch can definitely be challenging at Magic Kingdom, especially since the majority of quick service locations are serving up typical theme park food like hamburgers and chicken nuggets.
One place we do love for lunch is The Plaza, which is a table service restaurant at the end of Main Street U.S.A.
The restaurant is small, so you’re definitely going to want to make reservations in advance. Once inside you’ll definitely want to get the Plaza Loaded Fries, which come with cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
If you’re still hungry after that the cheesesteak sandwich is tasty and will keep you full for a long time while trying to get on as many rides as possible!
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
3. Casey’s Corner (Best Snack at the Magic Kingdom)
When hunger strikes between lunch and dinner Magic Kingdom has a plethora of snack options!
While we’re major fans of Mickey Pretzels, Dole Whips, and Mickey’s Premium ice cream bars, there’s only one snack that will due while walking around the park: corn dog nuggets.
Typically you can find these golden fried nuggets at Casey’s Corner on Main Street U.S.A., but eagle-eyed guests have also found them at the Westward Ho snack stand. This is located on the pathway between Adventureland and Frontierland near the parade kick-off spot.
4. Cinderella’s Royal Table (Best Magic Kingdom Restaurant)
For dinner at Magic Kingdom it really depends on what type of dining experience you’re wanting to have, but our favorite is Cinderella’s Royal Table. This table service restaurant is located inside Cinderella Castle and allows you to feel like a prince or princess for the evening.
The menu is pre-fixe which means you’ll order one appetizer, one entrée, and one dessert from a set list of options.
While the menu does change occasionally you really can never go wrong with anything you order at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
Note that during the pandemic Cinderella’s Royal Table has been modified and will not be offering character dining, but you can still dine inside the castle at a lesser cost. To make the reservation you must pay in full when deciding when you want to eat there.
Disney Dining Reservation Tips and Tricks
There are some tips and tricks to getting those hard to get Disney dining reservations like The Plaza and Cinderella’s Royal Table, and even how to score the best seat in the house.
- Keep checking the My Disney Experience app and online at WaltDisneyWorld.com for reservations if you can’t get one on your first try. As people’s vacations get closer they change plans and you’ll likely be able to secure one of those hard to get reservations like The Plaza or Cinderella’s Royal Table.
- Getting a seat near a window at many restaurants is ideal for many people and it’s super easy to do! Just ask the Disney cast member when you check in if there’s anything available.
- When you get to Magic Kingdom continue to check for availability at restaurants, it’s likely that Disney has kept a few day-of reservations for guests who like to make last minute decisions. Day-of reservations can be made through the My Disney Experience app or at the restaurant.
- Don’t discount quick service locations. Just because there weren’t many on our list today doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Sometimes a basket of chicken nuggets and fries is all you really want.
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
4 More of the Best Restaurants in Magic Kingdom You MUST TRY
- Be Our Guest (for Dinner)
- Liberty Tree Tavern (TOP CHOICE for Lunch or Dinner)
- Tortuga Tavern (not technically a restaurant, but a great spot to grab a quick bite)
- Friar’s Nook
Final Thoughts on the Best Magic Kingdom Restaurants
As you can see, there are so many unique places to eat at while on your visit to the Magic Kingdom. No matter what your taste buds are, you’ll be able to find something great to try.
What’s one of the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom to you? Let us know in the comments section below.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Megan is a theme park expert and frequent traveler to magical places. She covers all things Disney and Universal and runs marathons for fun.
She thinks you can tell a lot about someone by the name of their signature lipstick, and hers is NARS Dragon Girl.
(Original Article Date: November 1, 2020/Updated by Editor August 16, 2021)