Are you trying to figure out what to wear to Disney World in September?
During this time of the year, summer is winding down, kids are getting ready to back to school for the year, and yet it’s still so hot you’re wearing shorts and flip-flops almost every day.
It’s September, and honestly, packing for a trip to Disney in September can really make you feel puzzled.
Will it be toasty outside? Will the nights be chilly?
What in the World of Disney do you need to pack to be prepared?
Simply, what should be on your Disney World packing list??
Let’s chat about all of the above, plus events happening and what you need to know to visit WDW in September.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What to Wear in September to Disney World for Women
So, as a woman, what should you pack for Disney in September?
The essentials include:
- Socks and comfortable walking shoes
- Tank tops or Short-sleeve shirts
- Breathable, athletic materials
- Sandals (Comfortable to walk in)
- Capri pants
What to Wear in September to Disney World for Men
So guys, what to pack for Disney in September?
Let’s cover the basics first:
- Short-sleeved shirts are good
- Sleeveless tanks
- Breathable fabrics that keep the sun off your skin, but that aren’t too thick
- Comfortable sneakers or sandals
- Ball caps
- T–shirts (Ask yourself what’s comfortable for walking around all day in the heat!)
Recommended: The Solo Theme Park Traveler’s Guide
Disney World September Events
To help out your selection process, it’s good to know what’s going on during the month of September.
The Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party typically begins in August and goes through all of September and October.
This means, if you’re planning to attend the Halloween celebration while you’re in Disney, you might consider wearing something festive on the evening of the party!
Just no masks! Those are the rules.
The Official dates for this year’s party should be released soon.
Most people nowadays choose to operate under their own fashion rules, but if you’re a traditionalist, you might consider that Labor Day is September 4th.
Should this impact your outfit decisions, you just might not want to pack white clothing!
Leave the white jeans at home. You might be glad you did, those Mickey ice cream bars melt fast!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival
If you have the time, you don’t want to skip this awesome opportunity.
You get to walk around the World Showcase tasting incredible flavors, desserts, beverages, and entrees of many different countries.
So, for packing, this means you’ll want to dress comfortably and you’ll want to pack supportive footwear.
It may seem non-important, but you’ll be so glad you packed the right shoes when you’re at the end of your day of walking all over. Trust me!
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
Walt Disney World Weather in September
During the month of September in Orlando, the highs will be 89 degrees and the lows will be around the mid to low 70’s.
But, here’s the other thing you’ll want to consider:
September is still part of Florida’s hurricane season. I’m not saying you should expect a hurricane, but what you should anticipate, is rain.
It’s definitely possible that a freak downpour could happen on your trip, even if it wasn’t predicted on the weather stations.
Keeping this in mind, you’ll want to pack rain coats (or better yet, ponchos!)
Ponchos are great, because they’re small and packable.
You can throw them in your bag and pull them out if you need them unexpectedly. Whatever sort of rain-protection you prefer, just don’t leave it at home!
Ready to make your trip out to Walt Disney World Resort, then get your no obligation, FREE Quote by filling out the form with The Park Prodigy by Clicking HERE!
9 Best Accessories for Your Disney World Outfit
Trying to decide on some fashionable accessories to complement your look?
Or maybe “accessories” to you means the must-haves for preparedness. Either way, I’ve got some ideas for you and your Disney outfit.
I simply can’t emphasize this enough…Bring sunglasses!!!
Other good accessories to bring include:
- Sunscreen (an accessory in our eyes)
- Portable phone charger
- A super lightweight jacket or sweater for indoor shows and sometimes at night
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ears!
- Your favorite Disney merchandise (now’s your chance to show it off!)
- A small crossbody bag rather than your large bag or purse. This will be easier to manage in the theme parks!
- Cool earrings
- Disney Pins
Disney Bounding in September
For Disney Bounding in September, go for your favorite Disney Villain!
It’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, after all. It’s the perfect opportunity to Disney Bound with a few nods in your ensemble to your favorite Disney Villain.
Essentially, the definition of Disney Bounding is when Disney fans dress up like their favorite Disney characters but not quite in costume.
Are you a Maleficent fan or is Jafar more your style?
Rock their signature colors and ride your favorite rides in style. Don’t forget to take pictures!
What to Pack for Disney World in September
When you’re packing in September, you want to consider the heat, the rain, the weather overall, and how you can plan ahead for those things.
You also want to consider what’s going on, like the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, or Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
All of these things are good to have in mind, and will help pack what you need (no more, no less.)
I’ve got some last-minute ideas for your Disney packing list including:
- A cheap disposable camera to make memories and take pics of your crew with vintage vibes.
- Fun-colored leggings. Think burgundy, forest green or mustard yellow. It spices up any adorable Disney outfit!
- Reusable water bottles to be refilled at the Disney World refill stations
- Portable fans to fan you and your group while you’re waiting on the parade or shows to start.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Protect your skin!
Top 5 Tips For Choosing the Best Disney World Outfit When Packing For September
Because, we’ve all been there, not knowing what to pack and then WAY overpacking. I don’t want that for you!
But when you’re packing make sure to consider a few key things with my best packing tips below:
- Remember it’s hurricane season. Pack those parkas and ponchos!
- It’s going to be hot, so dress for the weather.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Bring a reusable water if you have one.
- If you have long hair, bring some hair ties or a hat. Keep it out of your face, and you’ll hopefully feel a little less sweaty.
- Pack those Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears! It’s your best opportunity to wear them!
My Final Thoughts on What to Pack and Wear to Disney World in September
September’s a hot month, but you can have an amazing Disney trip, if you just pack smartly before you go.
I hope these tips have helped you out for what can feel like a daunting process.
Remember, if you forget something, you can probably find it somewhere available for purchase on the Disney property.
So, do your best to plan, but once you arrive…Have Fun!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!