Are you trying to figure out what to wear to Disney World in August?
not as hot as the month of July in Orlando.
almost time for Fall but you wouldn’t know it yet because you’re still wearing tank tops and sunscreen.
What are we talking about?
It’s August in Orlando, friends!
If you headed to Walt Disney World this August, but not sure what to wear yet, then uou’ve come to the right place!
I’m here to give you all the tips on what to pack and wear to Disney World in August!
I’ve got the lowdown on what’s going on in Disney this August and what you should wear, considering the weather, activities, and my Disney World knowledge and experience.
So…keep reading and let’s get packing!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What to Wear in August to Disney World for Women
If you’re trying to figure out what to pack for Orlando, FL this August, I’ve got a few recommended tips:
We all know the weather is unpredictable, which is why keeping it short-sleeved or sleeveless is a good call.
A lot of people love a good crop top!
Crop tops are so “in”, so you know you’re going to see some cute looks in WDW.
BUT! Something to keep in mind, is that Disney World does actually have some rules about clothing that is what they deem as not family-friendly.
This way you’re sort of off-setting any potential for a Cast Member to deem your look inappropriate for the parks. (As silly as it may sound, I’m just looking out for you!)
Planning Your Outfits for Disney World in August
If you’re going to wear denim, be careful, as some jeans or denim shorts can be really uncomfortable in the summertime.
For a more comfortable option, go for leggings. Even though they’re long, they’re lightweight and usually made of a stretchy, thin material.
Also, for shoes, go with what’s comfortable. Think socks and athletic shoes, maybe some sandals, or comfortable walking flats.
Flip-flops with no support probably aren’t your best friends in Disney World.
And for some last-minute recommendations? I’d suggest a rain jacket (just in case!)
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
What to Wear in August to Disney World for Men
Alright, guys. So, what should you pack? The goal that you want to be aiming for is to keep that sun off your skin.
The Orlando sun is hot, and you don’t want to leave your vacay sunburned.
It’s never a bad idea to consider shorts, both of an athletic material or a linen-type fabric.
T-shirts are what we recommend, or otherwise, pack some tank tops. Anything that will keep you cool in the August sun.
What about shoes and accessories for men at Walt Disney World?
Walt Disney World Weather in August
It’s debatable as to whether or not August is the hottest month in Orlando.
Many people feel as though it’s actually July, but regardless, we can all agree that August is going to be warm.
One undeniable thing about the weather this month is that there is definitely a potential for rain.
This is why I recommend packing a rain jacket or rain hat. I want to help you be prepared.
When thinking about your Disney World outfit, it’s a great idea to consider what’s coming up this August in Disney.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
Disney World Events in August
The final ticket dates for Mickey’s Not-So Scary Halloween Party have not yet been released for this year at the time of writing this; however, it’s safe to say that they will probably begin in August considering they typically begin then.
With this in mind, you may decide to participate in some early Halloween celebrating!
This could impact your Disney outfit, if you’re someone who likes to dress thematically.
This is an incredible festival that EPCOT puts on every year. You don’t want to skip it, we promise!
Best Accessories for Your Disney World Outfit
A few basics for your Disney Outfit include:
- Cool watch: a stylish idea that comes in handy if your phone battery drains completely!
- A satchel-style crossbody bag: more convenient for walking through the theme parks and easier to keep on during rides, etc.
- Fanny Pack: Similar to the crossbody bag suggestion, some people prefer a fanny pack. This comes in handy if you love to have your hands free.
- Lastly, if you are considering the Halloween party, pack some Fall-themed / Halloween accessories!
This could look like Halloween-Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ears, wearing more Autumnal colors in your look, or literally wearing your Halloween costume to the party!
Decide early how you want to rock the early-Fall vibes.
Recommended: The Solo Theme Park Traveler’s Guide
Disney Bounding in August
Most Disney fans love Disney Bounding as their Disney outfit for the days at the parks.
Essentially, the definition of Disney Bounding is when Disney fans dress up like their favorite Disney characters but not quite in costume.
Instead more of a regular clothes- look that gives the essence of said Disney characters’ style.
A few ways you can do this, include Disney Bounding as a Disney character that has a lot of Fall colors in their look, such as:
- Winnie the Pooh
- One of the Seven Dwarves
- Peter Pan
- Belle (Gold Dress)
- Lilo and Stitch
Or even a character from Halloweentown, like Marnie Piper!
Cute knee socks are quite the Fall accessory, and we think they make a great addition to however you choose to Disney Bound.
Give the fall aesthetic, and show off your favorite character’s colors in the perfect Fall / Disney Bounding ensemble. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
What to Pack for Disney World in August
So, still have questions about what to pack for Disney in August?
I’ve got some last-minute ideas for your Disney packing list including:
- A cheap disposable camera to make memories and take pics of your crew with vintage vibes.
- Fun-colored leggings. Think burgundy, forest green or mustard yellow. It spices up any adorable Disney outfit!
- Reusable water bottles to be refilled at the Disney World refill stations
- Portable fans to fan you and your group while you’re waiting on the parade or shows to start.
- Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Protect your skin!
Ready to make your trip out to Walt Disney World Resort, then get your no obligation, FREE Quote by filling out the form with The Park Prodigy by Clicking HERE!
Top 5 Tips For Choosing the Best Disney World Outfit When Packing For August
I’m wrapping things up, but I’ve got five final tips for what to pack for Disney in August.
- Check the weather every day leading up to the week before you go to Disney. I recommend this, because we know that weather changes constantly, and this will help you prepare for any slight changes including windy evenings, rainy days, or heat in the high 90’s. (All of which are possible!)
- Extra t-shirts if needed. Some of us sweat a lot, it’s just a fact. Pack an extra tee to change into if you need!
- Sunglasses that you don’t mind losing or breaking, because let’s be honest, it could happen in WDW.
- Consider Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. If you decide to go, dress for an early Fall/Halloween vibe! It will make everyone smile.
- Remember to have FUN! If you love your outfit, that’s what matters. Everyone will see how trendy, creative, and fun you are, and hopefully they’ll be inspired too.
My Final Thoughts on What To Pack and Wear to Disney World in August
I hope my ideas, intel, and suggestions help you craft the ideal Disney outfit that both thrives in the August Orlando heat, and also embodies your personal creativity and fave Disney characters.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!