The Epcot Candlelight Processional is the perfect way to enjoy all of the festival food, drinks, and culinary adventures with a yuletide treat to end the of your solo day.
If you’re planning on attending the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, then you must listen to one of your favorite entertainers narrate the beautiful Christmas Story at this joyful event.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
What is the Epcot Candlelight Processional?
The Candlelight Processional at Epcot brings you along on the incredible Nativity story. Each year a celebrity narrator takes Disney guests through the journey complete with a mass choir and a 50-piece orchestra.
Each evening the choir, that’s shaped like a Christmas tree, transports you magically into that wonderful night in which the Savior was born.
The annual yuletide series is a part of the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays and takes place on the American Gardens Theatre stage in the American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot.
This year’s festival is bringing back fan favorites such as Neil Patrick Harris and Whoopi Goldberg, but there are also some other good celebrities coming to help make this amazing annual holiday even more spectacular!
ORDER NOW to secure your theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
What’s New for 2020? Will the Epcot Candlelight Processional happen this year at Walt Disney World?
The 2020 events have been cancelled due to the pandemic. Below are the events listed from the previous year to give you an idea of what happens each year at this event. You can also go through the tips to prepare for next year’s event.
When is the Epcot Candlelight Processional?
This holiday event usually runs nightly from November 29th through December 30th with three showtimes per night (5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m.).
Not only will you get to experience the wonders of the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, you’ll also to get to go through all 11 World Showcase pavilions to learn how each culture celebrates the holidays.
2019 Epcot Candlelight Processional Narrators Lineup
- 11/29 – 12/1: Ming-Na Wen
- 12/2 – 12/5: Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/6 – 12/7: Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/8 – 12/10: Isabella Rossellini
- 12/11 – 12/12: Chita Rivera
- 12/13 – 12/15: Gary Sinise
- 12/16 – 12/18: Pat Sajak
- 12/19 – 12/21: Warwick Davis
- 12/22 – 12/24: Steven Curtis Chapman
- 12/25 – 12/26: Edward James Olmos
- 12/27 – 12/28: Marlee Matlin
- 12/29 – 12/30: Lisa Ling
Epcot Candlelight Processional Times and Details
- Where: America Gardens Theatre at World Showcase, Epcot
- When: Daily from November 29th through December 30th of 2019
- Showtimes: Nights at 5:00 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
*Per Disney the lineup is subject to change at any time.
7 Pro Tips for the Epcot Candlelight Processional
1 – Get there Early
Popular narrators tend to have LONG lines waiting to grab the best seats between each show. This is especially important if you plan on experiencing the Candlelight Processional on December 25th.
The outdoor theater seats roughly 1,000 people on benches. This number sounds like a lot, but the area quickly fills up.
2 – Bring Sun Protective Gear
Accessories such as a hat, sunglasses, an umbrella, and sunscreen are great to have just in case you have to wait a while to be seated.
The queue for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is basically in the walkway of World Showcase. So, you will not have any shade to keep you protected from the sun.
3 – Don’t Worry if You Don’t Get in the Theatre
You can still view and hear the celebrity narrators from the American Pavilion pathway or courtyard.
4 – Remember that Queue Lines Forms on Both Sides of the Theatre
There are usually two queues on each side of the American Gardens Theatre.
But, be sure to check that the line that is closer to Japan is not specified for the Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Package.
5 – Double Check the Schedule Before You Go
Before you make your way out to the Candlelight Processional, be sure to double check the performance schedule.
Although Disney does confirm the dates with the celebrities, there have been times when the narrators have had to change last minute due to unforeseen circumstances.
6 – Don’t Feel Bad if You’re Not Able to Go to the First Show
The first show of the evening is usually the hardest to get in since people are waiting throughout the day to be the first to experience the Christmas Story.
I’ve found the second and third shows tend to be the best. The narrator is usually warmed up and there’s a better opportunity to get the seat of your choice.
7 – Book an Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Package
If you want to have a guaranteed seat to see your favorite celebrity narrator, then I recommend booking an Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Package.
You’ll avoid the extremely long lines and you’ll get to enjoy a delicious 3-course meal or buffet meal to enhance your day at the park.
Booking a dining package is definitely my type way to enjoy country hopping and exploring at Epcot!
Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Package
Why not enjoy a meal that also guarantees your seat for any Epcot Candlelight Processional.
You can feel safe knowing that you will not miss any of your favorite celebrity narrators, because your reservation is confirmed!
According to Disney, availability is limited and advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
What’s included in the Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Package?
The Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Packages allows you to choose to have breakfast, lunch or dinner prior to the nightly presentation.
Each meal includes:
- An appetizer
- Or one full buffet (if applicable)
- Non-alcoholic beverage
Epcot Candlelight Processional Dining Locations
You can choose your Dining Package from one of 16 excellent eateries around Epcot theme park.
Ale & Compass – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Breakfast: $40.00 (adult) $23.00 (Child 3-9)
- Lunch: $57.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $67.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
Biergarten Restaurant – Germany Pavilion
- Lunch: $60.00 (adult) $34.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $60.00 (adult) $34.00 (Child 3-9)
Chefs de France – France Pavilion
- Lunch: $65.00 (adult) $17.99 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $75.99 (adult) $22.99 (Child 3-9)
Coral Reef Restaurant – The Living Seas
- Lunch: $74.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $74.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
The Garden Grill – The Land Pavilion
- Breakfast: $56.00 (adult) $34.00 for (Child)
- Lunch: $68.00 (adult) $41.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $68.00 (adult) $41.00 (Child 3-9)
La Hacienda de San Angel – Mexico Pavilion
- Dinner ONLY: $85.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
Nine Dragons Restaurant – China Pavilion
- Lunch: $52.00 (adult) $16.99 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $59.95 (adult) $19.00 (Child 3-9)
Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco Pavilion
- Lunch: $52.00 (adult) $19.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $63.00 (adult) $19.00 (Child 3-9)
Rose & Crown Dining Room – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Lunch: $62.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $62.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
San Angel Inn Restaurante – Mexico Pavilion
- Lunch: $63.00 (adult) $20.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $78.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
Spice Road Table – Morocco Pavilion
- Lunch: $52.00 (adult) $19.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $63.00 (adult) $19.00 (Child 3-9)
Teppan Edo – Japan Pavilion
- Lunch: $72.00 (adult) $20.50 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $84.25 (adult) $23.00 (Child 3-9)
Tokyo Dining – Japan Pavilion
- Lunch: $68.00 (adult) $20.50 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $78.00 (adult) $23.00 (Child 3-9)
Trattoria al Forno – Disney’s BoardWalk
- Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast: $58.00 (adult) $35.00 for (Child 3-9)
- Lunch: $68.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $68.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
Tutto Italia Ristorante – Italy Pavilion
- Lunch: $64.00 (adult) $22.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $70.00 (adult) $25.00 (Child 3-9)
Via Napoli – Italy Pavilion
- Lunch: $54.00 (adult) $20.00 (Child 3-9)
- Dinner: $57.00 (adult) $24.00 (Child 3-9)
How to Book for the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Dining Package
You can make your reservations by calling 407/WDW-FEST (407-939-3378) and remember to book quickly to guarantee your spot.
Learn how to find your perfect vacation home rental near Disney World by Clicking HERE!
Things to Know Before You Go to Epcot
What to Expect from the Epcot Festival of the Holidays
In case you didn’t know, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot is only one piece of all the festive fun during the holidays.
At the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays you can expect to enjoy sweet and savory treats from the Holiday Kitchens and the opportunities to hear festive stories from Cast Members represented in each country.
Just imagine a Christmas version of Epcot Food and Wine Festival and you’ll understand what the Holidays Around the World is like during this season at the park.
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Do you need a separate ticket for Epcot Festival of the Holidays?
You do not need an additional ticket to participate in the Holidays Around the World at Epcot.
If you plan on doing any of the special dining experiences, then you will have to pay additional fee.
All New Mid-Day Magic Tickets
New this year at Walt Disney World are the Mid-Day Magic Tickets which are valid for admission after 12 p.m.
The Mid-Day Magic Tickets may be used at any of the four theme parks at Disney World.
Can you use snack credits at Epcot Festival of the Holidays?
You sure can!
The snack credit can be used for most food items under $5.49. Simple snacks include pastries, ice cream bars, water bottles and soda.
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that.
Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Canadian Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
Read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
Is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot Worth It?
You have to at least try it once. Plus, it’s included in your Epcot park admission so why not check it out on your day.
Disney during the holidays is just simply incredible and ending your day off with the beautiful story of Christmas at Epcot is what I call the best way of doing the parks during this time of the year.
Now that you’re ready to go to Epcot, let us know which narrator you’re looking forward to seeing in the comments section below!
If you enjoy this article, then you’ll love these holiday-inspired tips:
- Disney Christmas Decorations
- Epcot Festival of the Holidays
- Best Disney Resorts to Visit at Christmastime
- Tips for Doing Christmas at Disney World
- Christmas at Busch Gardens
- What to Do at SeaWorld for Christmas
- Christmas at Universal Orlando
- Best Gift Ideas for Disney Lovers
Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Holidays Hipsters!
(Original Article Date: November 11, 2014/Updated November 4, 2020)