Are you excited to find out what’s new for 2021 Epcot International Flower and Garden festival?
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival has a fresh new feel for 2021. You’ll be able to enjoy many of your favorite Disney-inspired topiaries and garden displays throughout Epcot. Such as the Anna & Elsa topiary and so much more!
This year there will be more than 20 delicious Outdoor Kitchens for you to try featuring an array of delicious dishes and drinks to try.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
When is the 2021 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
This special event will took place March 3rd through July 5th 2021. New experiences will include a variety of garden-fresh inspired seasonal dishes served at the Outdoor Kitchens and the new topiary displays.
What’s New for 2021 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival (A Fresh Feel)
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival looks a little bit different this year due to the global crisis we’re going through. You’ll notice the change in the now being called: Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
Although some of your favorite treats and experience may be there, you’ll notice a few changes on trip to Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Let’s go through some of the top strategies for experiencing this annual Epcot festival.
1. Temperature Checks
You’ll have to get your temperature checked prior to entering the park. If your temperature is above 100.4, you will be asked to go inside the “cool down tent.” Disney will do this to see if your temperature will go down.
2. Park Reservations
Although Park Hopping is back, you will need still book a reservation for your day at Epcot. You can read how this new Disney reservation system works here.
3. Epcot’s Operating Hours
Epcot is currently open from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. every day. Your park pass will allow you to come and go from the park as many times as you want throughout the day.
4. Character Cavalcades
On your trip to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, you will no longer be able to take photos with the characters up close. Instead you’ll see them parade on the promenade of World Showcase at various times during the day.
5. Smaller Performances
The Garden Rocks Concert series is postponed this year. Instead, Epcot is focusing on little performances throughout the park and throughout the day.
- Mickey and Friends World Tour/Princess Promenade: Watch your favorite Disney characters parade around Epcot on their special cavalcades
- Jammin’ Gardeners (Canada Mill Stage): Our favorite Epcot band will be performing on the Mill Stage in the Canada Pavilion
- Voices of Liberty (America Gardens Theatre): This ensemble Will perform your favorite Disney songs
- Mariachi Cobre (America Gardens Theatre) :You’ll get to hear this classic Epcot band in their new location in the America pavilion
- Pianist (World Showplace): You’ll enjoy this talented artist who will perform a variety of show tunes at World Showplace
6. New Topiaries and Gardens
There will be a new garden added to this year’s Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. It’s called the Prehistoric Garden – Near Future World West.
Now the topiaries and gardens are my favorite part of the festival. They are what made me initially fall in love with this event almost ten years ago.
2021 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries:
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE®
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
2021 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Global Gardens
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents- Near Future World East
- Floating Gardens – Walkway between Future World and the World Showcase
- Festival Blooms – Near Future World’s East and West lakes
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ® – Near Future World West
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden – Near Future World West
- Bold Bromeliads – Near Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Near the Imagination Walkway
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ – Near Imagination! Pavilion
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – In the Mexico Pavilion
- Extraordinary Orchids – In the Mexico Pavilion
- Bamboo Garden- In the China Pavilion
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden – In the China Pavilion
- Alpine Miniature Garden – Located in the Germany Pavilion
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics – Located in the Germany Pavilion
- Garden Italiano – Located in the Italy Pavilion
- Kokedama Garden – Located in the Japan Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection – Located in Japan Pavilion
- Urban Spice Garden – Located in Morocco Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® – Located in the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Shakespeare Garden – Located in the United Kingdom Pavilion
7. New Epcot International Flower and Garden Merchandise and T-Shirts
A true ThemeParkHipster must bring home a nice souvenir to commemorate your time at the 2021 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
This year you will find:
- Minnie’s World in Bloom Collection – Features Minnie Mouse on apparel, headware, accessories and more
- Mickey’s Home Grown Collection – Features a Mickey Mouse-inspired gardening collection that includes apparel, a magnet, drinkware and more
- Orange Bird Collection – Features the Orange Bird collection of apparel, headwear, accessories and more
- Spike the Bee – Features a collection of apparel and other buzz-worthy accessories of Spike the Bee and Donald Duck
You can find the Festival merchandise throughout Epcot and at Mouse Gear in Future World East. Epcot Flower and Garden Festival merchandise can also be found at the Festival Merchandise store inside the Odyssey Center.
8. New Festival Food
When I’m at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, I’m all about the new food items to try. Here are the kitchens that are new for 2021.
Epcot Farmers Feast – New! (World Showplace)
- Spring Onion Soup with Crispy Shallots and Micro Chive
- Duck Confit with Carrot Purée, Roasted Root Vegetables, Rainbow Chard and Duck Jus (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Off the “Beet”en Path: Profiteroles with Red Beet Mousse, Golden Beet Pastry Cream, Whipped Goat Cheese Cream and Candied Walnuts
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Watermelon Mint Wheat Ale, Tampa, FL
- Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail featuring Islamorada Brewery & Distillery Hibiscus Gin
Epcot Sunshine Griddle – New! (Future World East)
- Avocado Toast with Marinated Toybox Tomatoes and Fresh Goat Cheese on Toasted Ciabatta
- Shrimp and Grits: Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Sweet Corn Salsa
- Corned Beef Brisket Hash with House-Made Potato Barrels, Onions, Peppers, Cheese Curds and a Soft-Poached Egg with Tabasco® Hollandaise
- Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon
- Froot Loops® Shake (nonalcoholic)
- Joffrey’s Coffee™ Cold Brew Cocktail with Milk, Kahlúa Rum and Coffee Liqueur, and Vanilla Vodka
9. NEW: Garden Graze Culinary Tour
You’ll love this new Epcot adventure as you challenge yourself to dine around the Flower & Garden Festival hitting all the top dishes in your Fesitval Passport.
How does the Garden Graze work?
You first have to pick up a Festival Passport, then you collect a matching stamp for each notated menu item you purchase. Once you’ve collected ALL 5 stamps, you bring your Festival Passport to the Pineapple Promenade for a complimentary gift.
You can do this Epcot foodie challenge anytime between March 3 and July 5, 2021.
Garden Graze Menu Items and Locations
- Grilled Baby Vegetables with Hummus Cream and Red Pepper Coulis – Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth
- Boneless Impossible™ Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw, and Kimchee Mayonnaise – Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin Seasoning – Refreshment Outpost
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce – Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
- Lemon Magdalena Cake with Fig Compote and Sangria Gel – Taste of Marrakesh
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
Disney World Safety Tips
Let’s go through a few safety tips to make your trip as magical as possible.
1. Keep Your Hands Clean
Throughout Epcot are hand washing and hand sanitizing stations to help you keep your hands clean while you eat your way around the world.
This is definitely a win for anyone doing Epcot during the Taste of Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
2. Wear Your Masks
Disney wants all their Guests and Cast Members to stay safe. That’s why they are extremely strict on the mask guidelines. According to Disney:
“Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.”
3. Take Extra Masks
This one tip will make your visit to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival way better! Wearing a mask all day can get yucky from sweating and just smelling all the stagnant air left in it from your breath.
What to Know Before You Go
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What is Disney’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is one of Disney’s annual events aimed at teaching you how to appreciate the natural resources that we have on this planet through seminars, dining adventures, and topiary displays.
How long is the Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is from March 3rd through July 5th for 2021!
In order for you to make the July 5th closing date of the festival, I’ve put together a great way to explore the floral celebration in only one day.
What time does Flower and Garden Festival open?
Epcot opens daily at 11 a.m. You’ll be able to see all of the topiaries in Future World before heading over to World Showcase.
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Living with the Land
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- Mission Space
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that. Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
If you’re planning on attending the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, then you must taste all the delicious food and drink offerings, and explore the majestic topiaries throughout the park.
If you want to continue planning your epic Festival day, then read my top tips here!
Let me know what new experience you are looking forward to at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival in the comment section below.
If you like this article, then check the links below for more Epcot Festivals Tips
- Pro Tips for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- Epcot for Adults the Complete Guide
- The Full Epcot Flower and Garden Festival MENU
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date 2015/Updated February 18, 2021)