Are you excited to find out what’s new for 2023 Epcot International Flower and Garden festival?
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival has a fresh new feel for 2023.
You’ll be able to enjoy many of your favorite Disney-inspired topiaries and garden displays throughout Epcot.
Such as the Princess Tiana, characters from Encanto, Anna & Elsa topiary and so much more!
This year there will be more than 20 delicious Outdoor Kitchens for you to try featuring an array of delicious dishes and drinks to try.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
When is the 2023 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival?
This special event takes place March 1st through July 5th 2023. New experiences will include a variety of garden-fresh inspired seasonal dishes served at the Outdoor Kitchens and the new topiary displays.
What’s New for 2023 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival (A Fresh Feel)
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival looks a little bit different this year due to the global crisis we went through.
As you experience the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, you’ll notice a few things still missing such as the special tours and seminar classes. Hopefully they’ll return next year.
Although some of your favorite treats and experience may be there, you’ll notice a few changes on trip to Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Let’s go through some of the top strategies for experiencing this annual Epcot festival.
1. Park Reservations Must Be Made
Although Park Hopping is back, you will need still book a reservation for your day at Epcot. You can read how this new Disney reservation system works here.
2. New Hours for Epcot
Epcot has went back to its original park hours of 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. every day. This is a change from pandemic years which had the park opening at 11 a.m.
Your park pass will allow you to come and go from the park as many times as you want throughout the day.
3. Say Hello to Your Favorite Characters
On your trip to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, you are now able to take photos with the characters up close.
Previously, you had to see them in their own special locations on the promenade of World Showcase at various times during the day AND from a distance.
This is no longer the case so enjoy your character interactions!
4. Ride Guardians of the Galaxy
This galactic roller coaster is the newest addition to Epcot.
Here you’ll join Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord (a.k.a. Peter Quill) to save humanity!
Recommended: Disney World Roller Coasters: ALL RANKED for 2023!
5. Check Out the New Topiaries and Gardens
There will be a few new gardens and topiaries added to this year’s Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
New Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries for 2023
- Encanto, Including Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa – Main Entrance
- Tiana – The American Adventure Pavilion
New Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Gardens for 2023
- The Community Garden – World Celebration
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion
Now the topiaries and gardens are my favorite part of the festival. They are what made me initially fall in love with this event almost ten years ago.
2023 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries
- Encanto, Including Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa (NEW) – Main Entrance
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Pluto – Bridge to World Showcase and World Celebration
- Woody, Bo Peep and Her Sheep – World Nature Near The Land Pavilion
- Goofy – World Showcase
- Tiana (NEW) – The American Adventure Pavilion
- Buzz Lightyear – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Donald and Daisy – Community Garden Near Connections Café in World Celebration
- Figment – Near Imagination!
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon – Japan Pavilion Near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Pumbaa and Timon – Between Imagination! and The Land Pavilion
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Lumiere and Cogsworth – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between France and Morocco Pavilions
- Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Near Imagination! and Refreshment Port
- Geese – Canada Pavilion
- Butterflies – Main Entrance, Scentsy Garden, Butterfly House and World Showcase
2023 Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Bamboo Garden – China Pavilion
- Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy – World Showcase Bridge
- Bold Bromeliads – The Land Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection – Japan Pavilion
- Bouquet Garden – France Pavilion
- Butterfly Landing Presented by AdventHealth – World Nature Near Imagination!
- China Zodiac Garden – China Pavilion
- The Community Garden – World Celebration – NEW!
- Connections Conservatory Garden – Connections Eatery
- Desert Garden – Mexico Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings® – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Family-Friendly Garden Presented by OFF!
- Festival Blooms – World Celebration
- Floating Gardens – World Nature
- Garden Italiano – Italy Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board® – Rosewalk Near Imagination!
- Kokedema Garden – Japan Pavilion
- Miniature Garden – Germany Pavilion
- Prehistoric Garden – World Discovery Near Mission: SPACE
- Shakespeare Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Shishi-odoshi – Japan Pavilion – NEW!
- Spice Garden – Morocco Pavilion
- Songbird Meadow Presented by Wild Birds Unlimited® – World Discovery
- Topiary Heritage Garden – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tropical Rainforest Garden – Mexico Pavilion
6. Don’t Miss Out on the New Garden Rocks Artists
There are quite a few new artist performing at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival this year such as:
- Blue Oyster Cult: March 19 & 20
- Luis Figueroa: March 31
- Piso 21: April 1 & 2
- Switchfoot: April 16 & 17
- A.J. Croce: Croce Plays Croce: May 19 & 20
- Casting Crowns: May 21 & 22
- Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago: May 26 & 27
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
7. New Epcot International Flower and Garden Merchandise and T-Shirts
A true ThemeParkHipster must bring home a nice souvenir to commemorate your time at the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
This year you will find:
- Home Garden Collection – Features a Festival-inspired gardening collection that includes apparel, a magnet, drinkware and more
- Orange Bird Collection – Features the Orange Bird collection of apparel, headwear, accessories and more
- Snow White Collection – Features a collection of apparel and other magical accessories of Snow White
- Figment’s Garden Collection – No Epcot Festival would be complete without honoring Figment, a staple to the Disney theme park characters.
8. Try the New Festival Food
When I’m at Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, I’m all about the new food items to try.
This year Disney is coming through with over 50 brand-new foodie treats for you to try. There are too many to name here, but here are a few:
- The Citrus Blossom: Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp with Orange-Chile Sauce
- Magnolia Terrace: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding and Bayou Cocktail, featuring Bayou spiced rum, coconut rum, fruit punch, and orange juice
- Epcot Farmers Feast: Sweet Corn Crème Brûlée with corn biscotti
Disney World Safety Tips for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
Let’s go through a few safety tips to make your trip as magical as possible.
1. Keep Your Hands Clean
Throughout Epcot are hand washing and hand sanitizing stations to help you keep your hands clean while you eat your way around the world.
This is definitely a win for anyone doing Epcot during the Taste of Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
2. New Mask Guidelines
Disney wants all their Guests and Cast Members to stay safe. That’s why the have adjusted and will continue to adjust the mask guidelines.
Face coverings are currently optional for Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations.
3. Take Extra Masks
This one tip will make your visit to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival way better!
Wearing a mask all day can get yucky from sweating and just smelling all the stagnant air left in it from your breath.
What to Know Before You Go to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
How much does Epcot cost?
A one-day REGULAR season Epcot ticket starts at $109* (prices do fluctuate based on the season).
What is Disney’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is one of Disney’s annual events aimed at teaching you how to appreciate the natural resources that we have on this planet through seminars, dining adventures, and topiary displays.
How long is the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is from March 1st through July 5th for 2023!
In order for you to make the July 4th closing date of the festival, I’ve put together a great way to explore the floral celebration in only one day.
What time does Flower and Garden Festival open?
Epcot opens daily at 9 a.m. You’ll be able to see all of the topiaries in Future World before heading over to World Showcase.
What are the Best Rides at Epcot for Adults
- Soarin Around the World
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Test Track
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Frozen Ever After
How many countries does Epcot have?
There are 11 (eleven) countries in Epcot.
What are the countries in Epcot?
- America (United States)
- United Kingdom
Where are the best places to have a drink Epcot?
Like everywhere in the park and I mean that. Nothing else needs to follow…
If it’s not too crowded.
Have Your Drinking Around the World at Epcot Passport Handy
Don’t get overwhelmed trying to plan your perfect route around World Showcase. You already have enough to worry about for your Disney vacation.
Get your Drinking Around the World Passport to help you keep track of your progress of the best drinks in Epcot.
Grab your own copy below!
What are the best drinks at Epcot?
My top 5 must have alcoholic beverages are:
- Avocado Margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico
- Mediterranean Journey for Spice Road Table in Morocco
- Leaping Leprechaun from Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom
- Apple Ice Wine from the Trading Post in Canada
- Tokyo Sunset from Kabuki Cafe in Japan
You can read more of the best drinks at Epcot here!
My Final Thoughts on the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
If you’re planning on attending the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, then you must taste all the delicious food and drink offerings, and explore the majestic topiaries throughout the park.
If you want to continue planning your epic Festival day, then read my top tips here!
Let me know what new experience you are looking forward to at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival in the comment section below.
If you like this article, then check the links below for more Epcot Festivals Tips
- 11 BEST Things to Do at Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
- I Went to Epcot Flower & Garden Festival ALONE and You Should Too (18 Disney Solo Travel Tips)
- Epcot Festivals: A Guide To The Best Events At Walt Disney World
- Should You Go? Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- 14 Fun Things to Do for Christmas at EPCOT (Festival of the Holidays Guide)
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival Guide: What Everyone MUST KNOW
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date 2015/Updated March 26, 2023)