SeaWorld Orlando is a popular Florida attraction to visit for Independence Day. Celebrating July 4th at SeaWorld can be lots of fun; however, it is one of the busiest days at the park!
I know this goes against all my theme park traveling advice, but if you’re trying to conquer SeaWorld Orlando on the weekend of Fourth of July, then I have 7 tips to help you survive.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What to Know Before You Go to SeaWorld Orlando
Observing Independence Day at SeaWorld Orlando is an exciting way to enjoy the festivities of this patriotic holiday. However, I do not recommend visiting this Orlando theme park on this particular day if it’s your first visit.
So, if you still plan on doing SeaWorld in the month of July, you may have a few questions.
Is SeaWorld Busy on 4th of July?
Absolutely! Independence Day is one of the most popular holidays in America and many people look for ways to celebrate it with their family. So, SeaWorld becomes a fun option for many locals and tourists alike.
Save up to 42% on SeaWorld Orlando Resort Tickets!
Is SeaWorld Crowded in July?
The month of July is one of the busiest times at SeaWorld Orlando. Not only are most people out of school, you have to deal with one of the major holidays in America, which is Independence Day (the whole purpose of this article).
SeaWorld July Events: Electric Ocean
You’ll be happy to know that SeaWorld does more than just a 4th of July fireworks presentation.
This season, you can live it up through the Electric Ocean event taking place at this Orlando destination every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on select dates through September 5, 2022.
For the SeaWorld Electric Ocean Celebration you can enjoy:
- Ignite 360 Fireworks Spectacular: Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at 9 p.m. (time subject to change) on the Festival Field (plus on 4th of July)
- DJ Party Plaza: Club Electric Current and Club Sea Glow
- Elmo Rocks: Party it up with Elmo during his famous rock concert
- Rescue Tails: Learn how SeaWorld cares for the inhabitants of the park
- NEW Rescue Tails: Night Vision: Enjoy the current daytime show with fun twist at night
- Foodie Fun: Enjoy all of the festival summer treats to take your SeaWorld visit up a notch!
- FREE Beer! According to SeaWorld, Guests 21 years and older can enjoy one complimentary 7-ounce beer now through August 4th at Waterway Grill from 10:30 a.m. until 1 hour prior to park close.
- Chick-fil-A Beach Clean Up: Stop by the Chick-fil-A Beach Clean Up in the Key West area of SeaWorld to find buried “treasure” that can be used for the new mural.
July Days to Avoid at SeaWorld Orlando:
- Independence Day (unless you don’t mind the SeaWorld crowds)
- The Weekends in July
What Should I Wear to SeaWorld in July?
My best recommendation for you is to wear lightweight clothing such as shorts, leggings, comfy shoes, a t-shirt, a hat, and sunglasses for your trip to SeaWorld Orlando.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
7 Tips to Conquer SeaWorld 4th of July Crowds
As mentioned before, I know this goes against all my SeaWorld Orlando tips, but if you’re trying to conquer the parks for the Fourth of July, then I have 7 hacks to help you survive.
1. Map Out Day Before You Get to SeaWorld
Mapping out your day is a good way to make sure you’re able to enjoy each must do item. Route your path around the park in advance by downloading a map online or on your phone.
- Start Early (probably not as early as Universal and Disney) and get to the park when the gates open.
- Grab a park guide and map out your day.
- Ride Manta. *Must Do*
- Pet the stingrays in Key West.
- Play with dolphins in Dolphin Cove.
- Experience Turtle Trek.
- Hop aboard Journey to Atlantis.
- Face the Kraken. *Must Do*
- Explore Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin. *Must Do*
- Conquer Mako. *Must Do*
- Have lunch at Shark Underwater Grill.
- Explore Pacific Point Preserve.
- Ride Infinity Falls
- Discover Sesame Street Land
- Conquer the NEW Ice Breaker roller coaster
- Have a snack at Altitude Burgers watch riders of the Ice Breaker coaster ride by you while you’re eating
- Use this time to do any tours, shows that you’re interested in, such as the Orca Encounter animal show
- Experience the 400 foot Sky Tower (nominal fee for non-Pass Members)
- Do the Paddle Boats when the sun gets ready to go down
- Enjoy the Electric Ocean activities
- Watch the SeaWorld 4th of July Fireworks
2. Start Early
You don’t want to have to combat both the heat and the crowd. This will make you so frustrated on both your solo SeaWorld trip or your group trip. So, getting there right before the gates open and taking frequent indoor breaks is a must!
It is also very common to see the SeaWorld Orlando Resort parks reaching full capacity on Independence Day. So, I recommend staying in this park all day because if you leave for a break, there’s a chance you may not be able to get back in.
3. Take Frequent Breaks on Indoor Attractions
Use this theme park tip to help you combat the Florida summer heat while at SeaWorld Orlando. Indoor attractions are also a good way to take a break from the jam-packed streets in the park.
And if it rains, which it most likely will, you’ll be in a covered area.
SeaWorld Orlando Indoor Attractions:
- Journey to Atlantis (the queue is mostly covered with the attraction half indoor and half outdoor)
- Walk through the stores of Sesame Street Land (they are all connected which is great for browsing)
- Turtle Trek
- Sky Tower
- Dolphin Adventures (outdoors, but covered)
- Orca Encounter (outdoors, but covered)
- Sea Lion & Otter Spotlight (outdoors, but covered)
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin®
- Jewel of the Sea Aquarium (next to Journey to Atlantis)
- Manta Aquarium
- Shark Encounter
- Wild Arctic®
- Elmo Rocks
Hipster Power Tip: Don’t forget to cool off on the water rides at SeaWorld Orlando. They’re a quick way to easily feel refreshed.
4. Get a Quick Queue Before Your Arrival
If there’s any day that requires a SeaWorld Quick Queue, it’s the 4th of July at SeaWorld Orlando.
As its name suggests, SeaWorld Orlando Quick Queue allows you to get on rides faster by skipping the stand-by line for some of the most popular attractions at the park.
You’re going to plan your day strategically by mixing attractions that have both an outdoor and an indoor element. Like I stated before, you’re going to want ways to combat the SeaWorld Orlando heat.
5. Stay Hydrated
It’s important to stay hydrated in the intense Florida sun felt at SeaWorld Orlando. You can avoid heat related illnesses such as, a heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat cramps, and heat rash by having proper hydration.
Listed below are some ways to stay hydrated at SeaWorld Orlando:
- Drink before you feel thirsty
- Keep your water bottle on you to refill it throughout the day
- Monitor your water intake
- Avoid dehydrating beverages such as, alcohol, coffee, and soda
- Drink cool fluids
- Eat food high in water (fruits like watermelon)
Hipster Power Tip: Remember the most significant amount of dangerous UVB rays occur between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. So, keep sunscreen on hand!
6. Visit SeaWorld Orlando on July 3rd
You’ll get to experience the same activities taking place in the park on Fourth of July on the 3rd day too! Such as:
- Speciality food
- DJ dance parties
- Special shows
Another reason to go to SeaWorld on July 3rd is that you’ll have a lesser crowd level than the 4th of July.
This will allow you to be able to experience the parks prior to the holiday rush and still be able to do something patriotic at home on the actual date of the holiday..
7. Stake your SeaWorld fireworks viewing spot early
Now that you’ve made it through the heat AND the crowd at SeaWorld, it’s time to choose your favorite SeaWorld Orlando fireworks spot in the park and camp out until it’s time for the Independence Day spectacular show to start!
Check out the map below to see the areas that are the best for viewing the SeaWorld fireworks.
I recommend getting to your favorite place at least an hour prior to the start of the show. Be sure to pick a spot that will not block you from seeing the fireworks display.
Final Thoughts for SeaWorld on the 4th of July
Yes, it’s going to be an insane day at SeaWorld Orlando! However, if you have a good spirit about the day and expect the high crowds to be there, then you’ll have a spectacular time on Independence Day.
What about you? Do you think it’s silly to go to SeaWorld Orlando on the 4th of July? Let us know in the comments section below.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!