Today I have a real treat for you— we are going over everything you need to know about the many fun things to do in Orlando for adults.
You may not know it, but the Orlando area has some pretty amazing activities to discover for grown-ups.
I thought I’d challenge you to get out of your comfort zone yet again and discover unique things to do in Orlando besides Disney World and Universal Orlando.
No, I didn’t want to give you the same ole touristy restaurants or attractions. I really wanted to dig deep and find some cool local spots that offer high, thrilling adventures.
These exciting experiences can be done solo or with friends!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Listen Podcast Episode 66 Below on Things to Do in Orlando for Adults
Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
Thanks for listening to the podcast episode, now let’s quickly go through some unique things to do in Orlando.
Entertainment and Nightlife
- Have fun at one of Orlando’s best entertainment complexes filled with museums, rides, shopping, and dining at the Orlando ICON Park
- Visit the underrated Old Town Kissimmee that’s filled with the classic Florida appeal and lots of shops and eateries to choose from
- Go on a galaxy adventure on the beautiful coast of Florida at Kennedy Space Center
- Discover the mind-blowing displays at Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Take your driving skills over to International Drive and be a racecar driver at the K1 Speed
- Have a drink, eat great food, and dance the night away in freezing temps at the Orlando ICEBAR
- Enjoy the night out with friends and pub hop in Downtown Orlando
- Hangout in Downtown Winter Park on Friday and Saturday evenings for the best restaurants, drinks, and vibe that Orlando has to offer
- Vault 5421 own secret dining location hidden behind an unassuming comic book store that’s filled with adult elixirs and concoctions to heal your soul
Adventures and Thrills
- Join the physical and psychological quest where you have to solve a series of puzzles in order to complete the mission of the game at The Escape Game Orlando
- Go on an obstacle course of 97 aerial games for all ages and abilities at the Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park
- Take a flight over Disney in a Hot Air Balloon at Orlando Balloon Rides
- Fly high on a 1,200-foot long adventure on the Screamin’ Gator Zip Line at Gatorland
- Get out of your comfort zone and experience the Jump Florida Sky Diving attraction
- Go on a high-thrill watery adventure with Jet Ski of Orlando
Parks and Other Outdoorsy Things
- See Florida’s version of the Avatar film in the majestic Bioluminescent Bay with Florida Bioluminescent Kayaking and Rafting Tours
- Check out the real side of Florida through the Everglades with Marsh Landing Adventures
- Go swimming with manatees, the real life “mermaids” or at least our version of it, in Crystal River, FL
- Revel in the 50 acres of flowers, exotic trees, and charming gardens at Harry P. Leu Gardens
- Discover this hidden Orlando gem jam-packed with Florida wildlife 5-minutes from Disney at the Tibet-Butler Preserve
Have a DIFFERENT kind of Orlando vacation with a Resort home next to Disney World. Find Your Disney Resort Vacation Rental here!
- Visit Orlando’s best kept secret, the Bronze Kingdom, which allows you to discover an array of African bronze, beaded, and wood sculptures from all over the continent of Africa
- Discover all that science has to offer at one of the best museums in the state, the Orlando Science Center
- Walk-through a recreation of the famous ship at the Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Learn about the Florida art culture at the Orlando Museum of Art
- Take a walk through the history of chocolate complete with a tasting of the different types of chocolate from around the world at The Chocolate Museum and Cafe
- Go back in time to the historic Wells’ Built Hotel that lodged African Americans during segregation by visiting the Wells’ Built Museum of African American History & Culture. Here you will learn about Orlando’s black culture.
Shows and Concerts
- Cheer on the NBA home town team at an Orlando Magic Game
- Watch a concert or play at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Jump into sensory overload with the spectacular Vegas style spectacular put on by the Rock Dinner Show filled with classic, chart-topping songs
- Go on a swashbuckling expedition at the Pirate’s Dinner Adventure
- Eat with your hands and cheer on your favorite knights at Medieval Times
- Solve the mysterious case while dining at the Sleuths Mystery Dinner Show
- Have fun at the newest shopping and dining area in Orlando called Sunset Walk at Margaritaville Orlando
- Enjoy a luxurious shopping experience at the highly-rated Mall at Millenia
- Get great deals on the top name brands (Disney merchandise included) at the Orlando Premium Outlets
- Visit the most popular tourist shopping destination in Orlando, The Florida Mall
Tours and Classes
- Learn the best way to make your favorite cocktail at The Courtesy (classes on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month and they fill up fast)
- Get your legs ready as you pedal your way throughout different bars in Downtown Sanford with Limo Cycle Tours
- Go on your own brewery tour with Orlando Ale Line
- Dine at central Florida’s best restaurant with Orlando Food Tours (food and drinks included)
- Go on a free wine tour tasting the best that Florida has to offer at Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards
As you can see, there are so many fun and unique things to do in Orlando for adults. On your next solo theme park trip, be sure to try at least one of these adventures and let us know how it went.
So, which one of the 41 adventurous things in Orlando are you willing to try? Let me know in the comment section below!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question by emailing me here
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Thanks for listening and reading!