You may be wondering if there are height requirements at Disney World and how they may affect your upcoming trip?
Yes there are minimum height requirements at the Disney theme parks and water parks, but many of the attractions at the resort are available for riders of all heights.
Today I’ll give you the quick and easy cheat sheet on every ride height minimum at Walt Disney World, but first let’s go through a couple of the most commonly asked questions.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
How Strict are the Height Requirements at Disney World?
Disney is definitely strict about the height requirements for safety reasons, but as mentioned before many of the rides are available for Guests of all ages to enjoy. This is what makes Disney World so unique and fun for your whole crew.
What is the Average Height Requirement for Disney World Rides?
Generally, the Disney ride height requirements are between 36 inches and 48 inches tall, which is pretty accommodating to people of most heights.
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park is a place where you’ll get to enjoy all of the wonderful rides and attractions.
Plus, you’ll get to see some of your favorite characters in person. From adventures with Captain Jack Sparrow to becoming the 1000th resident of the Haunted Mansion, the Magic Kingdom has something for everyone.
When you plan your visit to the Magic Kingdom, you need to know how tall you have to be for the rides. Let’s take moment to go through each attraction at this Disney park.
Magic Kingdom Park Height Requirements
- Astro Orbiter – Any height
- The Barnstormer – Guests must be 35 inches (89 centimeters) or taller
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Any height
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station – Any height
- Country Bear Jamboree – Any height
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Any height
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Any height
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade – Any height
- The Hall of Presidents – Any height
- Haunted Mansion – Any height
- “it’s a small world” – Any height
- Jungle Cruise – Any height
- Liberty Square Riverboat – Any height
- Mad Tea Party – Any height
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Any height
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Any height
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Any height
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – Any height
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Any height
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Any height
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas – Any height
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Any height
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – Any height
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Guests must be 38 inches (97 centimeters) or taller
- Space Mountain – Guests must be 44 inches (113 centimeters) or taller
- Splash Mountain – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Any height
- Tomorrowland Speedway – Guests must be 32 inches (82 centimeters) or taller
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – Any height
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – Any height
- Tom Sawyer Island – Any height
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – Any height
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – Any height
This park is one of the most eclectic and interesting of the Disney theme parks which makes it my favorite!
The rides and attractions here are geared to help you learn about technology and the cultures around the world. So, the requirements here make most of the attractions available for everyone.
Epcot Height Requirements
- Advanced Training Lab – Any height
- The American Adventure – Any height
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – Any height
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival – Any height
- Frozen Ever After – Any height
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros – Any height
- Impressions de France – Any height
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment – Any height
- Living with the Land – Any height
- Mission: SPACE – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Canada Far and Wide! – Any height
- Reflections of China – Any height
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – Any height
- Soarin’ Around the World – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Spaceship Earth – Any height
- Test Track – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Turtle Talk With Crush – Any height
Disney’s Hollywood Studios rides are meant to take you deep into one of your favorite movies. Hollywood Studios has the most number of thrill rides with the most intense attractions having a height requirement of 40 inches or taller.
So, if you are taller than 40 inches or taller, you can enjoy all the rides in this Walt Disney World theme park.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Height Requirements
- Alien Swirling Saucers – Guests must be 32 inches (81 centimeters) or taller
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – Guests must be 38 inches (97 cm) or taller
- Muppet*Vision 3D – Any height
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Slinky Dog Dash – Guests must be 38 inches (97 centimeters) or taller
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Guests must be 40 inches (102 cm) or taller
- Toy Story Mania! – Any height
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Animal Kingdom is a great place to visit if you want to experience some of the exotic animals in the wild up-close. Also, the experience of immersing yourself in this habitat is so exciting and lots of fun.
You can catch a glimpse of the majestic animals like giraffes, lions, crocodiles, elephants, cheetahs, and more all while screaming your head off on a Yeti-filled adventure.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park Height Requirements
- Affection Section – Any height
- Avatar Flight of Passage – Guests must be 44 inches (112 centimeters) or taller
- The Boneyard – Any height
- Conservation Station – Any height
- DINOSAUR – Guests must be 40 inches (102 centimeters) or taller
- Discovery Island Trails – Any height
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain – Guests must be 44 inches (113 centimeters) or taller
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail – Any height
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! – Any height
- Kali River Rapids – Guests must be 38 inches (97 centimeters) or taller
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – Any height
- Maharajah Jungle Trek – Any height
- Na’vi River Journey – Any height
- Tree of Life – Any height
- TriceraTop Spin – Any height
- Wildlife Express Train – Any height
The Typhoon Lagoon water park at Disney takes you into the story of a wild storm hitting a tropical island. This basically means that the water attractions at this park will be a little more intense than those at the other water parks in Orlando.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Height Requirements
- Bay Slides – Guests must be 60 inches (152 centimeters) or shorter
- Castaway Creek – Any height
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Gangplank Falls – Any height
- Humunga Kowabunga – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Keelhaul Falls – Any height
- Ketchakiddee Creek – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or shorter
- Mayday Falls – Any height
- Miss Adventure Falls – Any height
- Storm Slides – Any height
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool – Any height
Blizzard Beach is Disney’s newest water park that tells the story of a winter storm hitting Florida that is now melting away. All of the water rides at this park will be similar in intensity as the ones at Typhoon Lagoon.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park Height Requirements
- Chairlift – Guests must be 32 inches (82 centimeters) or taller
- Cross Country Creek – Any height
- Downhill Double Dipper – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Melt-Away Bay – Any height
- Runoff Rapids – Any height
- Ski Patrol Training Camp – Any height
- Slush Gusher – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Snow Stormers – Any height
- Summit Plummet – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or taller
- Teamboat Springs – Any height
- Tike’s Peak – Guests must be 48 inches (122 centimeters) or shorter
- Toboggan Racers – Any height
Wrapping Up on the Disney World Height Requirements …
It is important to know and be familiar with the Disney World height requirements before you arrive. This will help you know which rides you can and cannot participate in.
So don’t worry if you’re a little on the shorter side of things, you’ll still have a great chance to enjoy some of the most popular rides at Walt Disney World.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
(Original Article Date: August 6, 2021/Updated January 14, 2022)