Are you looking for the ultimate guide to Disney’s Jollywood Nights at Hollywood Studios?
If so, you’re in the right place!
Walt Disney World goes all out for their holiday festivities throughout the park.
They feature over-the-top gingerbread houses in various resorts, Christmas tree trails in Disney Springs, specialty food and beverage, merchandise and so much more to ring in the holiday season at the most magical place on earth.
One of the main draws for the event is Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which takes place on select nights at Magic Kingdom.
However, many fans argue that Hollywood Studios has the superior decorations and would be the perfect spot for a holiday party.
This may stem from the nostalgia of the Osborne Spectacle of Lights that had been a special part of the park for years before leaving to make way for toy story land and Galaxy’s edge.
This year, Disney is finally taking the leap and offering a brand new holiday party and we attended the very first night!
Today, I will be chatting about everything the party offered and my experience including:
- Themed Entertainment
- Overall Thoughts and Review
I will also let you know if Jollywood Nights is worth the money so keep reading!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Visiting Disney’s Jollywood Nights At a Glance:
- This Jollywood Disney holiday party is taking place on select nights November 11th to December 20th of 2023
- It’s celebrating its 1st year!
- This party start at 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. however, you can enter the Hollywood Studios as early as 7 p.m.
- Tickets for Jollywood Nights start at $159.
- You’ll be able to ride some of the most popular Disney rides with little to no wait; however, Rise of the Resistance will have a virtual queue that opens at 8 p.m.
- Explore all of the magical Disney Christmas decorations that are sure to lift your spirits this season.
- Watch the What’s This? TIM BURTON’S THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS Sing-Along
- Enjoy the special appearances by classic Disney Channel favorites, including Powerline Max, Rescue Rangers Chip ‘n Dale, and Phineas and Ferb
- Check out Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their classic holiday fashions
- Watch the Disney Holidays in Hollywood Stage Show
- Don’t miss the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Nighttime Spectacular
- Party it up at the Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club
- Grab a bite to eat at Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Capture the most incredible photo with a group of your beloved Disney Hipster Friends all decked out in their festive holiday attire!
- Eat your way through the holiday festivities (my favorite thing to do)!
Is Jollywood Nights Worth the money? To answer this question, it solely depends on what you’re interested in doing at the party.
Keep reading to get my full review and guide on how to conquer this Disney holiday event like a pro!
Save on your Disney World tickets with Tripadvisor TODAY!
What is Jollywood Nights?
Jollywood Nights is Disney’s brand new hard ticket holiday party where Hollywood Glamour meets Holiday cheer.
Similar to Mickey’s Merry Merry Christmas Party, you will be able to enjoy specialty entertainment, food and beverages, attractions with little to no wait times and more. This nighttime event is a separate cost from your regular park admission.
Now that you know what it is, let me officially welcome you to the first ever Jollywood Nights holiday hard ticketed event at Walt Disney World through this guide.
This holiday event has been a long time coming for many Disney Parks fans who have been hoping for something that is more disney adult leaning.
Although this event is being marketed towards adults, children are more than welcome to attend.
Where does Jollywood Nights take place?
Jollywood Nights takes place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park at Walt Disney World.
When checking in, there are two ways to do so:
- If you are already in the park, there is a check in location at the Mickey Shorts theater. I would suggest getting there as soon as they allow as we saw extremely long wait times for this.
- However, if you are entering at the park entrance, the wait should be smooth and fast. You will be scanned in and receive a lanyard and park map. You will be greeted by a jolly neon sign featuring the original character created for the event, “Ollie.”
How much does Jollywood Nights cost? What days does it happen?
The price of admission starts at $159 for Jollywood Nights; however it also depends on the date you attend.
Below are the 2023 prices and dates for Jollywood Nights at Disney World (keep in mind that the cost is the same for adults and children):
- Nov 11: $159 SOLD OUT
- Nov 18: $159 SOLD OUT
- Nov 20: $179
- Nov 27: $159
- Nov 29: $159
- Dec 4: $169
- Dec 6: $169
- Dec 16: $169 SOLD OUT
- Dec 18: $169
- Dec 20: $169
Hipster Power Tip: Guests who are Annual Passholders or Disney Vacation Club members are able to get a $10 off discount for tickets.
How long does the Jollywood Nights party last?
As mentioned earlier, Jollywood Nights will run on select nights from November 11, 2023 until December 20, 2023 between 8:30 p.m.- 12:30 a.m.
To get a head start on the holiday magic, you can go inside of Hollywood Studios as early as 7 p.m.
However, if you want to visit any earlier, you will need a separate park admission ticket and Park Pass Reservation for the day.
Hipster Power Tip: If you have a ticket for the party, you will not need a Park Pass Reservation.
Will additional nights be added to Jollywood at Hollywood Studios?
As of now, there are 10 nights total for the party’s seasonal run and it’s unlikely more will be added this year.
Where and When can I purchase tickets to Jollywood Nights?
Tickets went on sale for the general public on July 6, 2023. If you are staying on property, you would have had early access to purchase tickets before the general public on June 29th.
On property guests would include guests staying at the following hotels and resorts:
- The Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- The Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green
As of this post, tickets are on sale for 7 remaining dates. They can be purchased online here or by calling 407-939-4240.
Tickets are limited and they may not be sold on date of the party you want to attend.
Is there a dress code for Jollywood Nights?
Think about the glitz and glamour of Hollywood or festive holiday cheer fun!
But based on my experience with the event, it was a healthy mix of dapper folks, fun matching outfits, cute pajamas and casual clothing.
I would suggest wearing what’s best and comfortable for you.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
2023 Shows and Entertainment at Jollywood Nights
At Jollywood Nights, you can enjoy 3 different shows throughout the park that are exclusive to the party.
1. Disney Holidays in Hollywood
One of the highlights of the party is the “Disney Holidays in Hollywood” show.
This all-new stage show inspired by the glitz and glamour of vintage Hollywood TV specials—with a contemporary twist and some holiday magic—at Theater of the Stars, located on Sunset Boulevard.
What to Expect at the Disney Holidays in Hollywood Show
You will see the holidays through a fresh lens in this star-studded series of jolly vignettes.
Plus, you’ll enjoy special appearances from special guest stars, including Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Tiana, Belle, Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse—accompanied by a talented cast of singers, dancers and jazz musicians.
Why We Love This Jollywood Show
This show is the shining tree topper star for Jollywood Nights. The production value was incredible.
It should be noted that one should lower their expectations on the amount in which Miss Piggy and Kermit are featured. Because they are the hosts, you should expect to see them in between numbers.
However, they are absolutely hilarious as expected and keep the flow of the show going alongside their cohosts.
Characters You’ll See in This Holiday Show
The show has Princess Tiana in a brand-new gorgeous gown, inviting you to Tiana’s Palace while singing and dancing to an original song.
Guests get a rare look at Belle’s Christmas dress from the 1990s classic, “Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas.”
Here she serenades us with her rendition of “As long as there’s Christmas.”
I can speak for everyone when I say that her song brought us to tears.
Mickey and Minnie join in with some glamorous song and dance numbers that fit the aesthetic of the television variety show style phenomenally.
What I enjoyed was the “commercial breaks” and “radio ads” in between the numbers that kept the flow of the show running smoothly while entertaining the crowd.
The Disney Holidays in Hollywood show takes place at the following times: 8:45 p.m, 9:45 p.m, 10:45 p.m and 11:45 p.m.
2. What’s This? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along
Join Jack Skellington at Hyperion Theater for a dreamlike adventure inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
What to Expect at the Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along Show
Sing along with the Pumpkin King to beloved songs from the film as you follow two friends on a larger-than-life journey.
You’ll discover the peculiar magic of wonder in unlikely places, conquer the Oogie Boogie man himself and stay curious when things are not quite as they seem.
If you are familiar with the Frozen Sing-Along show that takes place during the regular operating hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, then this is for you!
Why We Love This Jollywood Show
I absolutely adored the take on this show that Disney made. Similar to Frozen Sing-Along, there are two hosts that lead us through the sing-along/ tale of the Nightmare Before Christmas.
Rather than being comedic, they don’t speak at all throughout the entire show.
It may sound weird but this interpretive style of storytelling works so well with the aesthetic of the Tim Burton tale.
While you sing-along, you get a chance to see Jack Skellington in the form of a huge and impressive puppet that evokes his film character so impressively.
And Oogie Boogie makes a fun appearance, a first for him in Hollywood Studios.
The What’s This? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing-Along show takes place at the following times: 8:30 p.m., 9:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
3. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
Wrap up your evening of festive fun with this dazzling nighttime spectacular—returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios only during Disney Jollywood Nights.
Watch in awe as heartwarming holiday moments from favorite Disney films are brought to life on the façade of the park’s iconic Chinese Theater. It’s a stunning display of fireworks, lasers, lights, projections and merry music.
What to Expect at the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Show
This fireworks and projection show takes place at the very end of the party at 11:30 p.m.
This was originally free to the public in prior years but has since returned as a Jollywood Nights exclusive.
The show takes place in front of the Chinese Theater. It is a super festive and a great way to end your evening.
However, I would be remiss if I didn’t state that I find it odd that they chose to make this once free to the public show a party exclusive, rather than create something new for it.
With that being said, you won’t have to rush to make it for this show. You can walk up about 10 to 15 minutes ahead and still manage to get a good spot due to how open the hub area is.
Get ALL of your Disney Holiday Ornaments on shopDisney TODAY!
Are there any characters that I can meet at Jollywood Nights?
This year you can me some of your favorite Disney Characters in their best holiday outfits such as Powerline Max, Edna Mode, Minnie and Mickey Mouse and more!
2023 Jollywood Nights Character Locations
- Mickey & Friends Holiday Greeting – Head to Animation Courtyard and meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto on the set of their holiday movie! Delight in red carpet moments and discover 2 all-new Disney PhotoPass locations inspired by Disney Jollywood Nights.
- Echo Lake Holiday Celebration – Step into nostalgialand at Echo Lake, where you may spot some classic Disney Channel pals—like Powerline Max, Rescue Rangers Chip ‘n’ Dale, Phineas and Ferb!
- Holidays à la Mode – Chill out and pose for pics with Edna Mode and Frozone at this super-fun party in Pixar Place.
And if you want to personally give Santa Claus your wish list, he can be found at the “Its a Wonderful Christmas” shop near Muppetvision 3D.
Disney’s Jollywood Nights Rides and Attractions
One of the perks of the Disney parties is the low wait times for popular attractions that you would normally have to wait for during a regular park day.
If you are a ride person, you will be in luck!
During the party, almost every ride was no more than a 5 minute wait. Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway were walk-ons.
Theoretically, you could easily do every ride available within the party time limit!
What rides are open during Jollywood Nights?
Here are the 10 attractions that will be open for party guests:
- Star Tours
- Muppetvision 3D
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock n Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
How to Ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Jollywood Nights:
For Rise of the Resistance specifically, guests wanting to ride will only be able to ride through the Virtual Queue System in the My Disney Experience App. The drop time for Rise of the Resistance will be at 8 p.m.
Here’s how to join the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance:
- To join the virtual queue, you will need to use your cell phone to log into the My Disney Experience app.
- At 8:00 p.m., you’ll be allowed to request to join the queue. You can only join the queue once, and your return time is set.
- You also do not need to be inside the park to join, so if you are arriving late, you can still request to join as long as you have a valid party ticket linked to your account.
2023 Disney Christmas Food at Jollywood Nights
There are three specialty dining areas that have themes to the party that you will want to partake in.
1. Twilight Soiree at the Tip Top Club
You are cordially invited to Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club—a swingin’ celebration in the courtyard of The Hollywood Tower Hotel.
Here, you can sip cocktails and unwind in style while a live band swoons and croons holiday tunes.
What is the Tip Top Club?
For context, the Tip Top Club is a club at the top of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, the setting for the eerie events of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Attraction that we experience when we ride.
You see a poster promoting the club in the lobby of the attraction before entering the library pre-show. It also is a major plot point for the characters in the film of the Tower of Terror movie.
Here you will be able to experience the Tip Top Club at long last, sipping on specialty cocktails and dancing along to holiday tunes played by a live band.
Capacity is limited in this area as its located in the small Tower of Terror courtyard area.
Here is the cocktail menu for the Tip Top Club:
- The 5th Dimension Royale: Teremana Blanco Tequila, Cointreau Liqueur, desert pear, agave nectar, and lime juice topped with Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut and garnished with a dehydrated blood orange wheel – $9.50
- Twilight Daiquiri: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, ube, lime juice, and a splash of shimmer – $9.50
- Sparkling Pomegranate: Apple Cider: Pomegranate-green tea topped with sparkling apple cider and pomegranate seeds – $5.25
- Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut: $7.50
What to Expect at the Tip Top Club
The area can get a bit crowded at times, especially when Rachel and the Alley Cats begin to play!
This was by far a great part of the experience as they sounded fantastic. Upon entering, you can either get in line to the right hand side for drinks or continue on to listen to the band and dance.
The band does 15 minute sets at a time so you’ll be able to catch them at some point.
Overall, you can certainly vibe in this area for a bit but there isn’t much to do, especially with only tables.
2. Holiday Fiesta en La Calle
Head down Commissary Lane and discover a holiday street fair filled with lively energy at Holiday Fiesta en la Calle.
Latin holiday music fills the air as musicians play along the walkways.
Warm lighting and colorful décor give the street a vibrant feel, as you sip drinks and nibble on treats inspired by Latin holiday traditions.
I personally wasn’t terribly impressed with the entertainment offerings for the fair and it should be noted that the food for this section is located inside ABC Commissary.
This was the only place, besides Baseline Taphouse, that I could get food that didn’t have a line over 30+ minutes (and we did enjoy everything).
Here’s the menu for Holiday Fiesta en La Calle at Jollywood Nights:
- Chicken Empanadas with Street Corn: Chicken empanadas served with a side of street corn salad topped with chili peppers, lime, and cotija cheese- $6.29
- Yuca con Chicharrón: Fried pork belly, yuca, red pickled onions, and chili pepper-lime seasoning with a yellow pepper aïoli- $5.79
- Mushroom Taco: Chili-roasted Mixed mushrooms, avocado crema, baby gem lettuce, and garnished with sliced radish (Plant-based Item)– $4.49
- Birria Taco: Shredded short rib and Monterey jack served with beef consommé for dipping- $5.29
- Tembleque: Coconut rice pudding with caramel rum sauce and cinnamon- $4.99
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Cheesecake: Spiced chocolate cheesecake on a chocolate cookie base topped with vanilla whipped cream and cocoa powder with a chocolate handle- $5.29
- Mangonada: Frozen mango beverage with mango-chili pepper-lime sauce and chili pepper-lime seasoning on top (Non-alcoholic)- $5.99
- Zero-Proof Piña Colada: Lyre’s Spiced Cane Spirit, coconut, pineapple, and lime- $7.49
- Oaxaca Old Fashioned: Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, agave nectar, Mexican chocolate, and orange bitters served over ice garnished with an orange- $9.00
3. Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby
During Disney Jollywood Nights, this iconic restaurant transforms into a smooth jazz joint—where you can enjoy holiday music, craft cocktails and an exclusive menu of light bites in a sophisticated setting.
Capacity is limited so you will have to join a walk up list to enter and dine.
Here’s the menu for Holiday Fiesta en La Calle at Jollywood Nights:
- Oyster Rockefeller: Spinach foam, shaved parmesan, rocoto pepper relish, and salmon caviar
- Crispy Duck Drumettes: Spicy orange glaze, carrots, and kumquats
- Charcuterie: House-made cured meats and accompaniments, blue cheese mousse, and toasted sourdough
- Shrimp Cocktail: Classic cocktail sauce, citrus pearls, avocado mousse
- Derby Slider: Bison and pork belly blend, taleggio cheese sauce, and fig stout jam
- Tuna Carpaccio: Mezcal pickled vegetables, salsa macha, and avocado crema
- Pork Belly Bao: Korean BBQ, cucumber slaw, and soy vinaigrette
- Tofu Bao: Seared tofu, cucumber slaw, and soy vinaigrette
- An assortment of classic cocktails, zero-proof and non-alcoholic beverages, wine, and beer
It’s easy to add yourself to the mobile walk-up list for this experience during Disney Jollywood Nights. All you need is your phone and the My Disney Experience app!
Hipster Power Tip: This feature is only supported by devices running Android or iOS with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app installed and location services enabled.
Heres how to get your dining spot in Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby:
- Check availability for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby via the app—or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check availability.
- If there is availability, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list. At that time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests.
- Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.
Save on your Disney World tickets with Tripadvisor TODAY!
Will there be free treats at Jollywood Nights similar to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party given out?
There aren’t any free treats given to guests for this party but there are over 60+ food and beverage options exclusive only to the party that is available for purchase.
To take a look at what’s available, here is Disney’s foodie guide for the party. Admittedly, I didn’t see a lot of options for those with dietary restrictions.
I will mention that while treats were not given out, upon exiting, we were given a set of two Jollywood Nights coasters to take home.
Will any restaurants be open during the party?
The only restaurant that will be available is The Hollywood Brown Derby, which you can join a walk-up list for or wait in line to dine at.
Don’t forget about the other locations offering delicious Christmas snacks for you try at Jollywood Nights listed below (with my top foodie picks):
- Baseline Taphouse: Beer Margarita: Blend of Patrón Silver Tequila, Cointreau Liqueur, and lime juice topped with Scrimshaw Pilsner over Ice
- Dockside Diner: Potato barrels topped with gravy, brisket, mozzarella curds, and chives and Christmas Tree Cookie Stack
- Epic Eats: Spicy Korean Chicken Funnel Cake: Spicy fried Korean chicken with pickled vegetables served on a mini funnel cake
- Fairfax Fare: Holiday Turkey Popover: Roasted turkey and creamy mashed potatoes topped with gravy, cranberry chutney, and chives in a house-made popover
- Gertie’s Ice Cream of Extinction: Christmas Gertie Cookie: Sugar cookie with mint icing (Also available with mint soft-serve)
- Market: Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls: Fried spring rolls served with a jalapeño-ranch dipping sauce and fried rice noodles
- PizzeRizzo: Olive and Goat Cheese Flatbread: Olive oil-toasted flatbread, creamy goat cheese, rustic olive and tomato spread, balsamic glaze, and lemon watercress AND Tiramisù Puff: Sweet-and-savory with flavors of espresso, chocolate, and a coffee-infused custard and mascarpone cream
- Outdoor Vending Locations: Gingerbread Bites and Sugar Cookie Martini
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company: Round ‘Em Up Latte: A merry blend of espresso, cookie butter syrup, dulce de leche sauce, and milk topped with fluffy whipped cream, playful animal crackers, and festive sprinkles; available hot or iced (Non-alcoholic Beverage) (Available at the location in Toy Story Land)
Are PhotoPass Downloads included with Jollywood Nights?
Yes! Any photos with characters or magic shots are included with your party ticket purchase.
There were quite a few photo opportunities scattered throughout the party. You can find most of them in Animation Courtyard.
One unique opportunity is Instagram-style boomerang photos.
Another unique photo opportunity is as the front of the park which features a neon Jollywood Nights sign with the mascot “Ollie.”
Join the Conversation on the Solo Theme Park Traveler’s Community on Facebook!
5 First-Timer Tips for Jollywood Nights at Hollywood Studios
With attending on the very first night, I learned the best ways to navigate the event and maximize as much as possible.
Here are a few tips to help you through the night!
- If you want to see the Disney Holidays in Hollywood Show, catch the very first show and plan to arrive at least 30 mins early.
- The best spot for the Disney Holidays in Hollywood show is one of two rows in front of the audio visual team in the center.
- If there is certain food items you want to try, try to get in those lines first thing when you arrive at the party too avoid long lines.
- While there aren’t many character options, I found that Phineas and Ferb has the longest wait, being rare characters. If you are really interested in meeting them, try to get them either towards their first or last sets of the evening.
- If you will be checking in during your Hollywood Studios park day, get in line at 6:30 p.m.
Is Jollywood Nights Worth it?
To answer this question, it solely depends on what you’re interested in doing at the party.
If you are interested in entertainment like shows and characters, there is certainly some value in attending the party.
However, if you are looking for rides with no wait times without having to pay for Disney Genie + or Lightning Lane, this could be worth it for you.
While there are plenty of food options, 60+ in fact, you might have to be prepped to wait in really long lines if you want to try anything.
If you are a foodie with no dietary restrictions, this might be worth it for you!
Overall, it genuinely depends on what your interests with the party are that determines its worth. I’m are intrigued to see how it evolves in the future for sure!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Victoria is a professional solo traveler here to make your solo trips as stress free AND enjoyable as possible for you.
She has over 5 years of Disney and Non-Disney travel experience and was featured by POPSUGAR as one of the Top 50 Black Disney Creators you should follow.
She is a Proud Native to Baltimore, Md but always will call Disney World home. You can find her at Disney Tea with V.