ThemeParkHipster Full Fast and Furious Supercharged Ride Review
I know, you’ve heard all the bad reviews flooding the internet. Unhappy fans wanting something new seems to be the majority.
And I can understand why.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
No, you don’t have to avoid Fast and Furious Supercharged attraction at Universal Studios Florida. This brand-new ride has been the main source of controversy in many of the online theme park groups and forums.
Before you jump on the bandwagon of negativity, here are some my thoughts on the Fast and Furious ride and why you should give it a chance.
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
REVIEW: Fast and Furious Ride at Universal
It was a great addition to the tour and since has been added to the Florida park as its own standalone attraction.
Where is Fast and Furious Supercharged located?
This ride is located in the area of the old Earthquake attraction in the San Francisco section of Universal Studios.
Now let’s touch on what you can expect from Universal Orlando’s newest experience.
Fast and Furious Supercharged Queue
As you approach the warehouse, you will immediately feel as if you’re in the heart of a San Francisco neighborhood. There are return time slips that can be picked up to the right of the attraction entrance, if you’d like to take advantage of the Virtual Line system.
How does Universal Virtual Line works?
To use the Virtual Line queue, you can either download the Universal Orlando Resort app to make reservations on there or you can use the kiosks next the Fast and Furious Supercharged as previously mentioned.
1st Step – Open the Universal Orlando Resort App
2nd Step – Choose Virtual Line on the Left Side Bar
3rd Step – Select the Available Attraction of Your Choice
4th Step – Click reserve!
If the wait is low you can just proceed to the entrance and start your journey with the “family.”
There are 3 Lines in the Fast and Furious Ride:
- Single Rider: gives you the option to bypass the regular line if you’re riding alone.
- Express/Virtual Return Line: is a pre-purchased or pre-reserved voucher used to bypass the main queue.
- Regular Line: is the main line with the standard wait time based on the busyness of the attraction.
Once you begin walking through the queue you’ll see unique items from the franchise with little Easter eggs hidden throughout the attraction.
Hidden Fast and Furious Supercharged Easter Eggs:
- A tribute to the former Graveyard Revue with a Beetlejuice doll on top of a desk shelf.
- There’s a jacket on a chair in the queue with the Disaster Studios logo on it. A tribute to the ride Fast and Furious Supercharged replaced.
- Find the Paul Walker Marine travel box in the queue after you pass the semi-truck.
- In the War Room portion of the queue, locate the map with a street named Walker Street.
- There’s a reference to Back to the Future with a license plate that reads, OUTATIME.
- Try to find Walt Disney’s name in the War Room portion of the queue. It will be written as Walter Elias
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
You can read the full list of Fast and Furious Supercharged Easter eggs here.
As you continue throughout the queue you’ll notice actual cars and car parts to let you know you’re in a garage, but not just any garage.
It’s a party garage with “family.”
Dance music starts immediately upon enter the building and the emphasis of “family” is heavily promoted as you wander through.
There is a virtual Fast and Furious trivia game that can be play on your phone through Universal Orlando app with the objective of getting the highest score among other guests waiting in the line.
You will be treated by multiple appearance of Chris “Ludacris” Bridges while waiting and you’ll also experience the classic Universal treat of having real life actors in the two pre-shows.
They let you know that the FBI is targeting their location and the villain, Shaw, is also following you.
Once you finish the final pre-show, you’re taken to the loading platform we’re it’s time to really get this party started.
Fast and Furious Supercharged Ride Breakdown & Storyline
This is a screen-based attraction with the same video taken from the Fast and Furious ride over at Universal Studios Hollywood. You hop unto the party bus, exactly like the Skull Island Reign of Kong ride in Islands of Adventure.
The truck pulls up with dance music and lights. You’re sent to a party with the family, which is ruined by an agent.
Next, you’re sent on an action-packed race through San Francisco to escape the so-called “bad guy” Shaw.
Once the intense experience is over, you land in a garage-like warehouse escaping Owen Shaw and officially becoming a part of the “family.”
Hipster Power Tip: Try to sit in the middle towards the edge if you want the best seat.
Is Fast and Furious Supercharged a roller coaster?
The Fast and Furious ride is not a roller coaster. It’s a 3-D immersive attraction that takes you right into all the movie action!
Fast and Furious Supercharged Pros
I honestly was surprised by how much I enjoyed this ride. I hated Skull Island Reign of Kong mostly because I envisioned something totally different than what we received.
This time I had very low expectations, but since I’d experienced portions of this attraction in Hollywood, I just wanted to give it a shot.
I’m so glad I did!
ORDER NOW to secure your Universal Studios theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
These are some of the great features of this ride:
- There are live teams members a part of the experience. A classic Universal touch that I truly love!
- The Virtual Line system is superb. It operates smoothly and is easy to use.
- A beautify queue, with lots of space. The queue is very detailed and has lots of props to keep you distracted. Not to mention the fun trivia game that makes waiting in the line much easier.
- Great theming throughout the attraction.
- Universal learned from Skull Island and made the ride vehicles have a front clear window, limiting view obstruction.
- Street area with actual cars. During the actual ride experience, you’ll notice real street cars parked, which adds to the storytelling of Fast and Furious Supercharged.
- The chase was so much fun! I truly enjoyed the great effects such as, smoke, wind, and sound. It gave me a wonderful sensory overload. There was also a nice surprise effect at the end that I don’t want to ruin for you.
Fast and Furious Supercharged Cons
Although I truly enjoyed this ride, I do understand some of the negative complaints about this attraction.
- CGI doesn’t look realistic.
- No wind down from the ride. There’s an abrupt ending with no resolution to the story.
- Actors were a bit awkward, which may improve with time.
- Half-naked women dancing in one of the first scenes, which was just a bit uncomfortable to watch.
- If you sit on the edges of the bus, you can see the screen cut off. This takes away from the magic.
- The story is not congruent. You think you’re in store for ride with a party and family storyline, then you’re on this chase across San Francisco to escape a bad guy. Pretty confusing.
Read how to find your perfect vacation home rental in Orlando by Clicking HERE!
What to Know Before You Go to Universal Studios
What’s the best itinerary for Universal Studios Orlando?
You’ll want to save time on your Universal Orlando trip, so you must have a game-plan to save time and see the most popular attractions.
You can grab your FREE Universal Orlando Resort Guidebook below!
More questions you may have are:
What time does Universal Studios open?
Universal Studios Florida is open 365 days a year from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the regular season.
How much does it cost to go to Universal Studios in Florida?
The cost of admission starts at $125, but I like discounts so I use Undercover Tourist and The Park Prodigy to find cheap Universal Studios tickets.
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
What should I do first at Universal Studios Orlando?
One of the best Universal Studios Orlando tips that I can give you is to start at Diagon Alley first.
This Harry Potter-inspired area will fill up quickly making the line for the two attractions (Escape from Gringotts and Ollivanders wand experience) extremely long.
If you’re at Islands of Adventure, then you must experience Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure first!
Final Thoughts – Fast and Furious Supercharged Orlando Review
Overall, I do recommend this attraction for anyone visiting Universal Studios Florida. It’s a fun ride to beat the Florida heat and a cool place to listen to some great music while looking at incredible cars.
I personally feel it’s a good addition to the Universal Studios theme park and it will help offset some of the crowd level on the busy days at the park.
If you go into this attraction with an open mind, then you’ll come out of it quite satisfied.
Do you think this is Universal Creative’s best work? Is it underwhelming? Comment below and let me know your thoughts.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- Universal Studios One-Day Itinerary
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Itinerary
- Best Photo Spots at Islands of Adventure
- Diagon Alley Complete Guide
- Best Photo Spots at Universal Studios
- 7 Ways to Enjoy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade
- What You Need to Pack for Universal Orlando
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original Article Date: June 17, 2018/Updated June 25, 2021)