Happy early Veterans Day to all of our spectacular troops of America!
The 13th Annual Veterans Day Parade will take place over at Universal Studios Florida.
In honor of those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, Universal Orlando Resort’s Veterans Network, will march in a special parade at Universal Studios Florida on Veterans Day.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Veterans Day at Universal Studios Florida
During the day there is a flag-raising ceremony and in previous years a private lunch for Veterans and their families was provided (please check with Universal Orlando Resort to see if it is still offered).
Every year the parade begins around 11 a.m. with the flag-raising ceremony taking place in the New York area of the park.
Each year Universal Orlando invites their Universal Orlando Veterans, multi-branch Military Support Organizations, Color Guards, Active Military and JROTC Drill Teams to march in this parade.
Do Veterans get discounts to Universal Studios?
Universal Orlando offers specially priced tickets to active duty, retired military and Department of Defense personnel. Be sure to visit their military website to see all of the discounts available for you.
According to Universal Orlando, there are specially priced tickets offered to Leisure Travel offices at military bases around the country for re-sale to active duty, retired military and Department of Defense personnel. Ticket pricing is determined by the local Leisure Travel offices. Active duty military with valid military IDs can receive a discount when purchasing multi-day tickets at the front gate tickets windows at Universal Orlando Resort™.
Below are Possible Military Discount Ticket Options at Universal Orlando
You get access to either Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal’s Volcano Bay™ each day you visit.
Access to Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal Studios Florida™ each day you visit.
Access to Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ each day of your visit.
Exclusive Military Vacation Package Includes
- 3-Night Hotel Accommodations
- 3-Park 4-Day Park-to-Park Military Promotional Ticket to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™
- Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ one hour before the park opens
- Access to select live entertainment venues at Universal CityWalk™
Learn more about the pricing options for Military Discounts at Universal Orlando here!
What to Know Before Your Universal Orlando Trip
Whether you choose to go to Universal Studios in Orlando solo or with family and friends, I hope you have the best theme park vacation ever!
Your first question may be:
What’s the best itinerary for Universal Studios Orlando?
You’ll want to save time on your Universal Orlando trip, so you must have a game-plan to save time and see the most popular attractions.
You can grab your FREE Universal Orlando Resort Guidebook here!
More questions you may have are:
What time does Universal Studios open?
Universal Studios Florida is open 365 days a year from 9 a.m to 6 p.m. in the regular season.
Hours may change based on the busyness of the park.
How much does it cost to go to Universal Studios in Florida?
The cost of admission starts at $125, but I like discounts so I use Undercover Tourist to find cheap Universal Studios tickets.
What should I do first at Universal Studios Orlando?
One of the best Universal Studios Orlando tips that I can give you is to start at Diagon Alley first.
This Harry Potter-inspired area will fill up quickly making the line for the two attractions (Escape from Gringotts and Ollivanders wand experience) extremely long.
What should I pack for Universal Orlando?
- Comfy Shoes
- Small Bag
- Breathable Clothing
- Sun Protection
- Small Umbrella
- Wizard’s robe and wand
You can get the full Universal Orlando packing checklist here!
You Should also Know What You Can and Cannot Bring inside Universal Studios
To prevent any embarrassment at the security checkpoints, I’ve listed the items you are able to take with you inside of the Universal Orlando parks.
Please keep in mind that Universal is very strict on what it allows you to bring.
- Bottled water
- Small snacks that do not require heating
- Any food required for medical purposes and medically indicated nutritional supplements
- Food required for special dietary needs
- Baby food/baby formula
- Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5″ wide x 6″ high x 6″ deep
- Alcoholic beverages
- Picnic lunches
- Food that requires heating or refrigeration
- Glass containers
- Hard-sided coolers
- Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5″ wide x 6″ high x 6″ deep
- Suitcases and bags with wheels
- Folding chairs
- Clothing with offensive language or content
- Clothing that represents someone as emergency personnel
- Weapons of any kind
What is the best time to go to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure?
Holiday peaks, crowd sizes, weather, and a few other factors have a lot to do with your Universal Orlando experience, including how long you’ll be waiting in line for your favorite rides.
Best Times to Visit Universal Studios Orlando
These months are closely followed by March, May, September, and October as still pretty decent visiting times.
Read about the least crowded days at Universal Orlando here!
I would like to take the time to thank every service man and woman who has served and who continues to serve our country.
To book your vacation, visit your military base ticket office (ITT/LTS or call 1-888-340-4614 ).
If you enjoyed the Universal Studios Orlando Tips, then you’ll love these:
- How to Socialize on Your Solo Theme Park Trip
- First Timer Solo Tips for Universal Orlando Resort
- Universal Studios One-Day Itinerary
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Itinerary
- Best Photo Spots at Islands of Adventure
- Diagon Alley Complete Guide
- Best Photo Spots at Universal Studios
- A Celebration of Harry Potter Tips and Tricks
- 7 Ways to Enjoy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade
Happy Veterans Day!