Are you ready to dine at some of the best table service restaurants inside Hollywood Studios?
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is my favorite park at Walt Disney World. I love the old Hollywood feel of the front of the park leading into the main plaza near Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, and of course, as a Star Wars fan, I can’t get enough of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
When it’s time for more than a snack at the park I head to one of the five highly themed table service restaurants that are dotted around the park.
Each of these table service restaurants is a great spot to sit down and enjoy a meal alone or with friends. The menus have a wide array of options and of course plenty of Disney charm.
These are the top five table service restaurants at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. The 50’s Prime Time Cafe
My absolute favorite table service restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is 50’s Prime Time Cafe located in the Echo Lake section of the park. The restaurant is themed to a 1950s home, where the waitstaff are all aunts, uncles, or cousins, and you better eat your veggies.
50’s Prime Time Cafe is known for its delectable fried chicken and milkshakes.
What meals are served at 50’s Prime Time Cafe?
You’ll be happy to know that 50’s Prime Time Cafe offers both Lunch and dinner for you to enjoy while visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Top Dishes on the Menu at 50’s Prime Time Cafe:
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken: Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables
- Mom’s Old-fashioned Pot Roast: Slow-cooked ’til Fork-tender and served with Roasted Garlic-Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, and garnished with Carrots, Celery, and Onions
- Traditional Warm Apple Crisp À la Mode
- Grandma’s Picnic Punch: Grandma concocted a wonderful drink for the family picnic – Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cassis, Light Lemonade, and Pineapple Juice
Are discounts offered at 50’s Prime Time Cafe?
If you’re an Annual Passholder, then you’ll be happy to know that you can get ten percent off your bill at this table service restaurant in Hollywood Studios.
Are reservations needed for 50’s Prime Time Cafe?
Reservations are highly recommended, especially during busy times of the year.
Although you may get lucky at times without having one, I always suggest having a reservation if you truly want to dine here.
My Top Foodie Recommendations
To start off be sure to get the hand-battered onion rings with a delicious horseradish dip. For entrees, I typically get the Pot Roast or the Fried Chicken. And to wash it all down I always get a Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake.
Overall, you don’t want to skip on 50’s Prime Time Cafe when vacationing at Walt Disney World.
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
2. The Hollywood Brown Derby
At The Hollywood Brown Derby, diners step back in time to savor the glam of an old Hollywood Restaurant.
Inside the dining room, guests will see drawings of celebrities that have dined at the restaurant in the past. The low light makes this a great date night spot.
My biggest tip about dining here is if you can’t get a reservation snag a table at the first-come, first-served outdoor lounge where you can still order off the regular menu from inside.
What meals are served at The Hollywood Brown Derby?
You can enjoy both lunch and dinner at this table service restaurant inside Hollywood Studios theme park.
Top Dishes on the Menu at The Hollywood Brown Derby:
- Tuna Carpaccio Niçoise: Kalamata Olive Toast, Quail Egg, Green Peppercorn Aïoli
- Filet Mignon with Walt Disney’s Roast Beef Hash: Asparagus, Wild Mushrooms and Brandy-Mustard Cream
- Our Famous Cobb Salad: Spit-roasted Turkey, Bacon, Egg, Tomatoes, Blue Cheese, Avocado, Classic Dressing
- Shrimp Macaroni & Cheese: Chili-Garlic Gremolata, Orecchiette Pasta and Cheddar Sauce
- Grapefruit Cake: A Brown Derby Original. Vanilla Sponge Cake, Grapefruit Syrup,Cream Cheese Icing
- 50th Celebration Baked Alaska: Layers of Strawberry-Basil Sorbet, Vanilla Gelato, and Sponge Cake coated in Toasted Meringue and Caramelized Brownie Bites
- Magical Beacon Cocktail: Empress 1908 Gin, Bols Blue Curaçao, Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Orgeat (Almond), Lemon, Hibiscus Grenadine and a souvenir Glow Cube
- Grapefruit Cake Martini: Taste of the Grapefruit Cake created at the original Hollywood Brown Derby in the 1940s with Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, Stoli Vanil Vodka, and a splash of Cream with a Graham Cracker Rim.
Are discounts offered at The Hollywood Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios?
Yes, both Annual Passholders and Disney Visa Cardmembers get ten percent off the meal price at The Hollywood Brown Derby.
Are reservations needed?
Although reservations are needed to sit inside the restaurant, the outdoor lounge area is all first-come, first-served. Plus, the outdoor area is one of the best places to eat inside Hollywood Studios.
My Top Foodie Recommendations
I love the Classic Cobb Salad that’s served here. The flavors meld together well, and it’s deceivingly large.
Don’t leave without ordering a piece of the Grapefruit Cake, which is one of the best desserts at Walt Disney World.
3. Hollywood and Vine
If you’re into dining with Disney characters, then Hollywood and Vine is the spot to be. This is the only character dining meal at the park.
Those that choose to dine here at breakfast will see Disney Junior pals, and those who dine here for lunch and dinner will see Minnie Mouse and her friends.
What meals are served at Hollywood and Vine?
You’ll be happy to know that you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Hollywood and Vine.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Hollywood and Vine:
- Hazelnut Spread-stuffed French Toast: Hazelnut Spread, Bananas, and Caramel Bananas Foster Syrup served with choice of Bacon or Country Sausage
- Carved Herb-roasted Turkey Breast: Garlic Redskin Mashed Potatoes, Cornbread Stuffing, Sautéed Green Beans, Turkey Gravy and Cranberry Orange Relish
- Macaroni & Cheese with Shrimp: Cavatapi Pasta, Four Cheese Sauce, Shrimp, Crispy Bacon, Buttered Panko Crust with Fennel and Arugula
- Asparagus and Summer Truffle Risotto: Sautéed Green Asparagus, Sliced Black Truffle, Plant-based Parmesan, Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula (Plant-based)
- Chocolate S’mores Pie: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Toasted Marshmallow and Graham Cracker Streusel
- Lemon Cake with Fresh Strawberries: Lemon Bunt Cake, Strawberries, Fresh Whipped Cream and Mint
- Captain’s Mai Tai: Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto, and Tropical Juices topped with a float of Plantation Original Dark Rum
Are discounts offered at Hollywood and Vine?
Absolutely! Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can get ten percent off of their meals here.
Are reservations needed for Hollywood and Vine?
Yes, you will need to make reservations in order to dine at Hollywood and Vine inside Hollywood Studios.
My Top Foodie Recommendations
Since this is part family-style and part traditional entree, I recommend that everyone you’re traveling with try to order a different entree. This will allow everyone in your party to have the option of trying a variety of dishes.
The entrees change seasonally, so be sure to check the current menu with Disney to make sure there’s something for everyone.
4. Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
My least favorite restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano for the only reason that there are better quality Italian restaurants at Walt Disney World.
If you have a picky eater with you or are just looking for a place to hang out for a while, this is still a good option.
What meals are served at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano?
You can enjoy both lunch and dinner at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Top Dishes on the Menu at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano:
- Vine-ripened Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella: Balsamic Drizzle, Olive Oil, and Sweet Basil Leaves
- House-made Italian Meatball: Marinara, Fresh Ricotta, and Basil
- Mama’s Italian Pasta with Chicken: Spaghetti tossed with Roasted Garlic, Tomato, fresh Basil, and Asiago-Herb Crostini
- Spaghetti and Meatballs: House-made Marinara, garnished with Pecorino Romano Cheese and Parsley
- Traditional Cannoli: House-made creamy Cannoli Filling with a hint of Citrus and dusted with Cocoa Powder
- Tiramisù Martini: Stoli Vanil Vodka, Kamora Coffee Liqueur, and Vanilla Cream in a Chocolate-drizzled glass
Are discounts offered at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano in Hollywood Studios?
Yes, Annual Passholders can get a ten percent discount at this table service restaurant in Hollywood Studios.
Are reservations needed at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano?
Reservations are suggested, but this restaurant is fairly easy to get into day-of as well.
My Top Foodie Recommendations
The crispy calamari and the spaghetti and meatballs make for a filling option. Mama’s Italian Pasta is also good and a lot lighter since it’s a roasted garlic and tomato-based sauce versus a heavy marinara.
5. Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
Dine under the stars and in the backseat of a 1950s car at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant.
This spot is a cool reprieve from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood Studios, where burgers, fries, and milkshakes are the star of the show.
What meals are served Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant?
You can eat your way through both lunch and dinner at this Walt Disney World restaurant.
Top Dishes on Menu at Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
- Sci-Fi Wedge Salad: Crispy Iceberg Wedge, Grape Tomato, Bacon, Red Onions, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Radish, Balsamic Glaze, and Blue Cheese Dressing
- Drive-in BBQ Burger: Signature Blend of Beef and House-made Seasoning served on a Brioche Bun topped with 9-hour Smoked Pork, Bourbon-Bacon Jam, Cheddar, Lettuce, and Barbecue Sauce
- Pan-Seared Chicken Pasta: Pappardelle Pasta tossed in a Lemon Butter Sauce with Rainbow Tomatoes, Onions, and Spinach, served with a Toasted Garlic Crostini
- Warm Glazed Doughnut: Cinnamon Apples and topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce
- Spicy Martian Margarita: Patrón Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes Verde Liqueur, Lime Juice, and Pure Cane Sugar
Are discounts offered Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant?
You’ll be happy to know that Annual Passholders get ten percent off of the bill.
Are reservations needed for Sci-Fi Dine In Theater?
Yes, reservations are needed. This restaurant is fairly small and is very popular.
My Top Foodie Recommendations
The fried dill pickles with horseradish dip are a must-get to start out. Then for entrees, I always pick the burger or sandwich that sounds best that day.
There’s also a specialty burger of the day, so I always am sure to ask about that.
Recommended: Get More Disney Food Reviews and Tips here!
Final Thoughts on the Best Table Service at Hollywood Studios
Well ThemeParkHipster, I hope my list of the Best Table Service at Hollywood Studios provided a tasty hint of where to explore for your next solo trip to Tinsel Town!
Hopefully you’ll walk away with a better idea of where to go for solid theming, food, and fun so you can make an informed decision on you next day at Hollywood Studios!
If you can’t get a reservation for any of these places, consider any of the quick service options at Hollywood Studios, all of which have great food, plenty of seating, and most offer mobile order services.
For more theme park tips and tricks, follow ThemeParkHipster on YouTube.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Megan is a theme park expert and frequent traveler to magical places. She covers all things Disney and Universal and runs marathons for fun.
She thinks you can tell a lot about someone by the name of their signature lipstick, and hers is NARS Dragon Girl.
UP NEXT: What’s the Best Quick Service at Magic Kingdom? These 7 Will Help You Decide!
Some Photos Courtesy of Canva.com