Are you ready to travel back in time? A time where coming home to a stiff cocktail on the rocks was the norm and a way to decompress from the rat race of the world.
Well this week’s HIPSTER Drink of the Week is Grandma’s Picnic Punch found in Hollywood Studios Tune-In Lounge.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
What is Grandma’s Picnic Punch?
This is not your normal granny fruit punch. This punch actually kicks your theme park experience up a few notches.
Grandma’s Picnic Punch is a wonderfully, concocted drink complete with Skyy Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cassis, Pink Lemonade, and Pineapple Juice .
This adult beverage can jump start any Disney day with its fresh, electrifying well balanced mixture of premium liquors and fruit juices.
For a no obligation, FREE Disney Vacation Quote you can fill out the form with Destinations in Florida by Clicking HERE!
How to make Grandma’s Picnic Punch at home?
In case you’re not able to make it to Hollywood Studios to enjoy this Disney World drink, you can use this recipe below.
Grandma’s Picnic Punch Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka of your choice
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- 1 oz Crème de Cassis
- 0.5 oz of Pink Lemonade
- 0.5 oz of Pineapple Juice
In a Collins glass, fill with ice, add the ingredients, and stir for 30 seconds. That’s it!
Tune-In Lounge at Disney World
The Tune-In Lounge is a full bar located on the side of the 50’s Prime Time Café and is a great place for you to put your feet up and enjoy reminiscing over the 1950’s television program while enjoying your adult beverage.
Hipster Power Tip: The Tune-In Lounge location can be missed if you don’t know where to look. While approaching the entrance to 50’s Prime Time Café, be sure to look closely to your left for a small door that will point to the quaint adult lounge.
Tune-In Lounge Menu Cocktails
- Dad’s Electric Lemonade: Skyy Vodka, Blue Curaçao, Sweet-and-Sour, Sprite®, and a Souvenir Glow Cube
- Magical Star Cocktail: X-fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Glow Cube
- Patrón Platinum Margarita: Patrón Silver Tequila, Cointreau, Lime Juice, and Sweet-and-Sour
- Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea: Bacardi Superior Rum, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Hendrick’s Gin, Cointreau, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola®
- Beer-battered Onion Rings: with Horseradish Sauce
- Grandpa’s Crab Cake: Lump Crab Cake served on Succotash Salad with Bacon and Chili Sauce
- Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese: Served with Raspberry Sauce, Grapes, and Apples
- Cousin Amy’s Iceberg Lettuce Wedge: Ranch Dressing, Rice Paper Bacon, Chives
- Chicken Noodle Soup: Hearty mixture of Chicken, Vegetables, and Egg Noodles
- Dad’s Stuffed Pork Chop: Gouda Cheese, Apples, and Herbs with Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, and Demi-glace Drizzle
- A Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes: Golden-fried Chicken, Fork Tender Pot Roast, and Traditional Meatloaf with all the fixings
- Mom’s Old-fashioned Pot Roast: Slow-cooked ‘til fork tender served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, and garnished with Julienne Carrots,and Celery
- Cousin Harold’s Vegetable Garden (Market Price): A Seasonal Alternative with all the Fixings
- Grandma’s Chicken Pot Pie: A Creamy Cheese mixture of Chicken, Mushrooms, Carrots, Celery, Onions, and Peas topped with a Flaky Pastry
- Sustainable Verlasso Salmon: A Seasonal Alternative with all the Fixings
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf: Blend of Beef and Pork topped with Tomato Glaze served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- Caesar Salad with Chicken: Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Dressing, Grated Parmesan, and Garlic Croutons
- Caesar Salad with Salmon: Romaine Lettuce tossed with Caesar Dressing, Grated Parmesan, and Garlic Croutons
- 50’s Prime Time Café Blue Plate Special: A healthy Seasonal Alternative with all the fixings (Market Price)
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken: Served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Seasonal Vegetables
- Traditional Warm Apple Crisp and Warm Apple Crisp À la Mode
- Dad’s Favorite Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layered Cake and À la Mode
- Ice Cream Sundae
- Cheesecake: Topped with Fresh Whipped Cream and Strawberry Sauce
- Mom’s Brownie: Chocolate Brownie served with a heaping scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream
- Mickey’s Bee Bop Drink: Delicious Cherry-flavored Sprite® with Dad’s Glowing Electric Ice Cubes served in a souvenir cup
- Odwalla® Lemonade: topped with a Wildberry Foam
Is Tune-In Lounge on the Disney Dining Plan?
According to Disney, Tune-In Lounge is currently not accepting the Disney Dining Plan. If you need any tips on how to maximize your Dining Plan budget, then listen to this audio guide with Laura of Destinations in Florida.
Final Thoughts on Grandma’s Picnic Punch
Grandma’s Picnic Punch is not only a great cocktail; the Tune-In Lounge mixologists really infuse their own characteristics and talents into each libation they make.
Sitting at the bar in this 1950s inspired lounge really does transform your drinking experience into one of true Disney magic.
The Tune-In Lounge is a full bar located on the side of the 50’s Prime Time Café. Grandma’s Picnic Punch can be purchased for $10.75.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- Do’s and Don’ts of Drinking at Epcot
- How to Do Hollywood Studios Alone
- Best Drinks at Epcot
- Walt Disney World Free Dining
- HIPSTER Drink of the Week: Mediterranean Journey
- Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
- Magic Kingdom for Adults the Complete Guide
- 18 Tips for Going to a Theme Park Alone
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!