Do you want to know what the BEST Hollywood Studios Shows are before your next trip to Disney? Don’t worry, ThemeParkHipster… I’ve got you!
Hollywood Studios is home to some of Walt Disney World’s latest and greatest thrill rides, from Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Rollercoaster to Rise of the Resistance and Slinky Dog Dash!
But what keeps diehard fans coming back to this beloved park over and over is the live entertainment!
Today, I’m going to unpack the 5 BEST Hollywood Studios Shows You Have To See!
We’ll discuss why they made our list, as well as throw in some super helpful tips along the way to assure your next trip to “the Hollywood that never was and always will be” is an absolute smash hit!
Oh, and one more thing!
It’s important to note that this article is comprised of shows that are currently available at Hollywood Studios. So, don’t be surprised if you don’t see Fantasmic! or The Voyage of The Little Mermaid on the list. Don’t worry, they’ll be back soon enough!
Now, without further ado…
Lights, camera… ACTION!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
If you love peeking behind the scenes of your favorite action-packed blockbusters, then this is the show for you!
As Indy dodges deadly traps, battles bad guys, and leaps from sky-high buildings, you’ll receive a rare glimpse into the world of filmmaking, as a full film crew reveals how these iconic scenes were made!
Overflowing with death-defying stunts, jaw-dropping special effects, and mind-blowing explosives, this epic showcase has been captivating audiences for over thirty years!
- Location: Echo Lake
- Runtime: 25 – 30 minutes
- Showtimes: 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m., and 4:30 p.m.
- Hipster Power Tip: If you’re looking to snag the best seat in the house, you may want to plan on attending the earliest performance of the day, when attendance is typically lighter. If your pair this strategy with arriving 35 minutes prior to showtime (approximately 5 minutes before they begin seating), you’re almost guaranteed a seat in one of the first three rows of this massive stadium.
- Fun Fact: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular marks the first ever Indiana Jones attraction!
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
2. For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
The magic of Frozen comes to life in this heartwarming musical celebration! Equal parts film, live performance, and sing-along, this fun-filled retelling of the modern-day classic features all your favorite songs, scenes, and characters!
Now, if you’re traveling without the kiddos, this may sound like something you’d consider skipping.
However, we urge you to give it a chance because the comic timing of the cast alone is worth the wait! And if you’re a little worried about others overhearing your singing… you’re just going to have to let it go!
- Location: Echo Lake
- Runtime: 25-30 minutes
- Showtimes: 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.
- Hipster Power Tips: Given the popularity of Frozen and the accessibility of this show, the theatre usually is packed with large families and youngsters. When grabbing a seat, head to the far left of the theatre, away from the entrance. When the show is over, you’ll be first out the door and saved from getting stuck behind the masses!
- Fun Facts: If you sit close to the stage, you just may grab a handful of paper snow!
3. Wonderful World of Animation
Dim the lights and pop the popcorn because this next show is a movie lover’s dream come true!
New, classic and rarely seen animated films unfold upon the Chinese Theatre in this star-studded projection show that takes you on a journey through over 90 years of Disney and Pixar animation!
Featuring highly universal themes, such as magic, family, adventure, romance, and friendship – this technical marvel offers guests a more intimate homage, in comparison to Disney Enchantment and Harmonious.
Though I wouldn’t skip Fantasmic! to watch Wonderful World of Animation, it is a solid alternative for guests while the park’s flagship show is out of commission.
- Location: In Front of the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre
- Runtime: 12 minutes
- Showtimes: 9:00 p.m. or 25 minutes prior to park closing.
- Hipster Power Tips: The best place to see the show is right in front of the theater — but not too close so you can see everything! Plan to arrive about 20 minutes early to snag a good view.
- Fun Facts: Wonderful World of Animation uses the exact same technology featured in Disney Enchantment and Tree of Life Awakens.
4. Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage
Make way for Broadway in the parks, as the enchanted tale of Beauty and the Beast takes over the Theater of the Stars!
In addition to vibrant scenery and lavish costuming, this truncated fanfare features familiar tunes, allowing guests a chance to relive this unforgettable score by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken.
While this particular rendition is a bit dated in comparison to the newer staged adaptations, this heartwarming tale remains timeless in our hearts and I just couldn’t resist adding it to our 5 BEST Hollywood Studios Shows You Have To See!
- Location: Sunset Boulevard
- Runtime: 25 – 30 minutes
- Showtimes: Shows at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.
- Hipster Power Tip: Need a break from the midday sun? Be sure to arrive early and snag a seat as close to the front of the stage as possible! The further back you sit, the more likely that Florida sun is going to find you!
- Fun Fact: Based on the 1991 animated film Beauty and the Beast, this stage adaptation opened on November 22, 1991, the same day the film was released.
5. Muppet*Vision 3D
Remember the Muppet Theater from the television series? Well, you’re invited inside as Kermit, Miss Piggy, and the whole gang treat you to a wildly wacky 3D extravaganza!
Showcasing onscreen musical mayhem and live eye-popping special effects, this attraction pulls out all the stops… and then some!
- Location: Grand Avenue
- Runtime: 17 minutes
- Showtimes: Continually plays throughout today with an average wait time of 8 minutes, depending on when you arrive.
- Hipster Power Tip: Sit in the center of the theatre for the best 3D effects.
- Fun Fact: Statler and Waldorf each have three arms!
What to Know Before Enjoying the Hollywood Studio Shows
Now that you know what the best Hollywood Studios shows are for your Disney trip, let’s go through a few of the most commonly asked questions.
What are the Top 5 Highest Rated Hollywood Studios attractions for adults?
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
What should I watch before going to Hollywood Studios?
While one can argue that you should watch ALL the Disney animated films prior to visiting the parks, when it comes to Hollywood Studios, these 9 classics ought to cover it!
That is, if you don’t count the endless array of correlations found in Fantasmic! and/or subtle references throughout the park.
- Mickey Short Cartoons
- Star Wars
- Toy Story
- The Twilight Zone
- Beauty and the Best
- Indiana Jones
Do you need a whole day at Hollywood Studios?
That all depends on your personal preferences. However, if you like thrill rides and/or shows… YES!
If you prefer classic dark rides and shows featuring audio animatronics… you may be able to get away with a half day. However, I wouldn’t suggest it!
Ready to make your trip out to Walt Disney World Resort, then get your no obligation, FREE Quote by filling out the form with The Park Prodigy by Clicking HERE!
That’s A Wrap!
Well ThemeParkHipster, there you have it! I hope our list of the 5 BEST Hollywood Studios Shows You Have To See helps make your next trip to Hollywood Studios a smash hit!
And be sure to check out our 10 BEST Magic Kingdom Shows You Have to See! before you head to Magic Kingdom!
Now, it’s your turn to tell us in the comments below: Which of the Hollywood Studios shows are your favorite? Are you excited for the return of Fantasmic! and The Voyage of The Little Mermaid?
Until next time, Happy Hopping Hipsters!
About the Author
Ted Wioncek III is a professional Show Director, who specializes in developing highly themed experiences with immersive live entertainment. His work has garnered him a reputation as a “master in storytelling.”
In addition, he is also a Walt Disney World Annual Passholdin’-D23 lovin’-DVC card carryin’-theme park enthusiast, specializing in theatrical review, food critique, and double-blind Dole Whip taste testing. Ted lives in sunny Florida with his beautiful wife, daughter, and their adorable rescue beagle, affectionately named, Professor Indiana Bones. You can contact him at TheDisneyPassport@gmail.com.
UP NEXT: Is ABC Commissary at Hollywood Studios Worth the Visit?