Are you trying to figure out what to wear to Disneyland in July? Trust me I get it!
Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth for almost every child and adult who visits its magical grounds.
Whether you are going to Disneyland or one of the other Disney theme parks, it is important to pack a few essentials in your backpack to make sure you’re prepared for any situation that may arise.
Today, I will be introducing you to the my favorite essentials you should pack and wear to Disneyland in July.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
What to Wear to Disneyland in July for Women
When you’re trying to figure out how to plan your theme park outfit, you’ll to first consider the weather.
July in southern California can be a bit weird (Floridian speaking here). Cool mornings that are met with sweltering afternoons can make it hard to decide what to wear. So, the goal of your assemble should be something that you can wear all day.
You’ll also want to think about the long haul. What I mean by this is that you are going to be walking around for most of the day, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes that won’t hurt your feet or legs.
When traveling for the summer, a woman should always wear clothes that are stylish and trendy, light-weight, and have a touch of femininity.
Let’s go through a few theme park outfit ideas for you:
- White tank top with black shorts and black boots
- A black tank top with jean shorts and sneakers
- Black shorts with crop shirt or cute stylish blouse with black boots or sandals
- A pair of black leggings with a Disney-inspired shirt and sneakers
- Black skirt with Disney-inspired shirt and black boots
I never thought I would be saying this, but I would go with number 5 if I can bring out my skort (skirt/short combo) from the 1990s.
What to Wear to Disneyland in July for Men
For men, comfortable, breathable clothing is the most important part of your Disneyland outfit. You want to be sure that what you wear is comfortable and allows for you to be mobile and enjoy the day without being hindered.
What I mentioned are just a few things to think about when dressing for the month of July at this Disney Park.
With July being one of the hottest months in California, you’ll want to use some of the theme park outfit ideas below:
- Black shorts with a nostalgic Disneyland shirt and sneakers
- Jean shorts with a white fandom shirt and sneakers
- Khaki shorts with a tank top (sleeveless) Disney inspired shirt and sneakers
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
What to Pack for Disneyland
You want to be sure you pack as little as possible. You will probably be going to Disneyland with a group of people so you can share some of the items, but if you can bring just one backpack for the whole group, it will make things much easier for you all.
Disneyland Packing List
You should pack the following with you to bring to Disneyland in your bag:
- An extra outfit or t-shirt
- Chargers (always good to have to keep your phone charged)
- Frosty Towel
- Disney Autograph Book
- Trading Pins
- Umbrella to block sun
- Theme Park ticket
- Hand Sanitizer
- Fanny Pack
- Extra Masks
- Disneyland Itinerary
- Minnie Ears
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
Tips on What to Wear to Disneyland in July
I will state it one more time because it’s has so much priority. The most important thing is that you are comfortable so that you can enjoy your trip. As long as you have comfortable shoes, a backpack, and sunscreen, you will be good to go.
Proper coverage is also important. You don’t want to get burned or sunburned so be sure to wear a hat, have UV protective sunglasses, and bring sunblock.
Lets go through a few more tips when it comes to packing for your Disneyland vacation:
- Travel light. Try not to overpack or under pack when you’re packing for your Disney vacation. It’s important to think about what you’ll need versus what is not needed for your Disneyland trip.
- Pack one bag for your party. If traveling light is not an option for you, then consider having each person in your party to only pack their essentials.
- Prepare for the weather. California weather is quite unique. Most mornings have a nice chill to them, with the afternoon bringing in much warmer weather. The evenings are usually concluded with cooler weather which can be a shock of randomness for out-of-towners.
- Think about the type of essentials you’ll need. This is such a good point, especially if you are taking small children. It is a good idea to pack a small bag of essentials for each child. A small bag of toys, a book, and a change of clothes can help when you have frustrated kids that have may have a meltdown at the park.
- Pack a light sweater. You can keep the 90s vibe going by having a sweater with you that you can put on for the cooler parts of the day. When you’re not using it, you can just tie it around your waist.
- Start packing early. When planning a full out trip to Disneyland in California, it’s vital that you start packing early. The perfect hack is to put your suitcase in the center of your bedroom and gradually put the things on your Disney packing list inside of it.
These are just a few of the things you should bring with you when you visit Disneyland in July. Just be sure to have a magical time and enjoy the park to its fullest.
What’s your perfect outfit for July at Disneyland? Let us know in the comments sections below.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- Secrets Revealed: Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe!
- The Ultimate 3-Day Disneyland Itinerary
- Disneyland Crowd Tracker: Best Time to Go to Disneyland to Avoid Crowds
- 13 BEST Tips For Your First Time At Disneyland
- What’s the Magic Behind the Famous Beignets at Disneyland?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Disneyland MaxPass Service
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!