Are you looking for the best things to eat at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs?
Don’t worry, I got you!
When you visit Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, it can be overwhelming having so many scrumptious and delectable food and shopping options to try out.
Today, we will be exploring a bit more about what this quaint chocolate shop offers, the best items on the menu and if it’s the right fit for you when you visit.
So, let’s jump right in and get everything you need to know for your visit to Ghirardelli chocolate shop at Disney Springs!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
History of Ghirardelli Chocolate
The chocolate company was founded in 1852 by Domenico Ghirardelli, after moving to San Fransisco, California in 1849.
He was trained in the business from a young age and was already a budding entrepreneur.
By 1900, the shop was selling mainly chocolate and mustard and expanded their brick and mortar until the section was it was located was dubbed “Ghirardelli Square.”
Over time, they grew extremely successful, diving into sundaes specifically in the 1960s.
As of today, they have 15 signature sundaes in total, sell several flavors of chocolate in the form of bars, miniature squares, flavored sauces, beverages and more.
There are also 22 working locations.
Bringing Ghirardelli to Disney Springs
Here you can take in a variety of new experiences, entertainment, shopping and you can’t beat the dining.
From a movie theater to the House of Blues, there is plenty for families to do.
Particularly, Disney Springs has an excellent assortment of food offerings that are unique.
A staple to Disney Springs has always been the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.
The brand is a popular mainstream chocolate confectionary that is almost 180 years old and has been known for the quality, smoothness and decadence of their chocolate products over time.
Rather than buy a bar at your local grocery store, while visiting Disney Springs, you can visit Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop!
Let’s check out what’s available at the chocolate shop in Disney Springs Marketplace!
Recommended: Get More Disney Food Reviews and Tips here!
Disney Springs Ghirardelli Menu
Let’s go through everything you can expect on the menu at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs.
Sundaes at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs
Similar to the flagship store, you can dine on the decadent signature sundaes below:
- World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae – Vanilla ice cream and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, diced almonds, a cherry, and a Milk Chocolate Caramel Square
- Magical Sundae – Vanilla Ice Cream and handmade Hot Fudge topped with Whipped Cream, Sprinkles and dipped Waffle Ears
- Non-Dairy Hot Fudge Sundae – Hot fudge, made with non-dairy chocolate chips and almond milk, over scoops of non-dairy Vanilla Coconut and finished with almond milk whipped topping, diced almonds, a cherry, and a 72% Dark Chocolate Square
- Ocean Beach – Sea Salt Caramel Sundae – Caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream, handmade milk or dark chocolate hot fudge topped with whipped cream, sea salt and a Milk or Dark Sea Salt Caramel Square
- Gold Rush: Caramel Almond Sundae – Caramel sauce, sea salt, diced almonds, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream topped with a White Chocolate Caramel Square
- Cookie Crumble Hot Fudge Sundae – Vanilla and cookies ‘n cream ice cream, handmade hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate chip cookie crumbles and two Milk Chocolate Caramel minis
- Lands End: Salted Caramel Brownie Sundae – A full-size chocolate brownie, caramel sauce, sea salt, vanilla ice cream, and handmade hot fudge topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and a cherry
- Banana Split – Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream topped with crushed pineapple, sweetened strawberries and handmade hot fudge served with a banana, whipped cream, diced almonds and a cherry
- Mint Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae – Mint chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream layered with handmade dark chocolate hot fudge and topped with whipped cream and a Dark Chocolate Mint Square
- Double Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae – Chocolate ice cream layered with handmade dark chocolate hot fudge and mini dark chocolate chips topped with whipped cream and a 72% Dark Chocolate Square
Milkshakes at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
Now let’s get to my favorite topic, the milkshakes at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs!
- Create Your Own Quake Shake™ – A Vanilla milkshake blended with your choice of three chocolate SQUARES and topped with Whipped Cream and Ghirardelli® Mini Dark Chocolate Chips. Select your favorite flavors from our Pick & Mix table and deliver to the fountain.
- Nob Hill Chill – Vanilla Ice Cream blended with Milk, Ice, handmade Hot Fudge and topped with Mini Chocolate Chips
- Frozen Hot Cocoa – Hot Cocoa mix blended with Ice and Milk, topped with Whipped Cream and Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Lover’s Shake – Thick, cold, and creamy. Our exclusive Ghirardelli chocolate Ice Cream is blended together with rich Chocolate Sauce and topped with Whipped Cream and Mini Chocolate Chips.
- Sea Salt Caramel Banana Shake – A Vanilla Milkshake blended with Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Squares and Banana, topped with Whipped Cream, Sea Salt and Caramel Sauce
- Thick Shake – Made with your choice of Ice Cream, blended with Vanilla Syrup and topped with Whipped Cream and a Cherry
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
Hot Cocoa & Sweet Treats
Now that you know what sundae and milkshakes are available, I want to go over the other items that you can pick up will you’re at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs.
- Classic Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa – A luxuriously deep Chocolate flavor topped with Whipped Cream and dusted with Cocoa Powder
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Brownie
- The Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Classic Ghirardelli Chocolate Bars
Get Roundtrip Fares UNDER $199 and Save up to $32 off your Fees on Flights Using Coupon Code RT32!
5 Best Things to Eat at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs
- World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae: This is the most famous sundae that you see online and what Ghirardelli is known for so I know you’ll love it!
- Cookie Crumble Hot Fudge Sundae: You can’t go wrong with the combination of vanilla and cookies ‘n cream ice cream. I mean, doesn’t that sound delicious! Let’s not forget the handmade hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate chip cookie crumbles and two Milk Chocolate Caramel minis to complete it.
- Chocolate Lover’s Shake: The name says it all. If you loooove chocolate, then this shake is just for you!
- Sea Salt Caramel Banana Shake: All banana fans will love this one as it’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty that’s also complimented by the the dark chocolate!
- Mint Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundae: This is another fan-favorite that comes with mint chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream layered with handmade dark chocolate hot fudge and topped with whipped cream and a Dark Chocolate Mint Square. It’s one of the best sundaes at Ghirardelli in Disney Springs.
Save on your Disney World tickets with Tripadvisor TODAY!
My Final Thoughts on Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop at Disney Springs
Ghirardelli is one of the few locations that have stuck around since it was first known as Downtown Disney.
It has a long standing tradition and partnership with the Disney brand.
Although it’s mostly known for the place to go to stop in to get a free miniature chocolate, it’s much more than that.
Ghirardelli in Disney Springs has a history all of its own that maintains respect.
Combined with the powerhouse that is the Disney brand, it’s a true match made in chocolatey heaven.
Take a moment during your busy trip to indulge yourself in some true affordable decadence in the Disney Springs Marketplace, especially during the fall and winter season for the special pumpkin and peppermint flavors!
Have you visited the Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop in Disney Springs? Share your experience in our Facebook Group!
About the Author
Victoria is a professional solo traveler here to make your solo trips as stress free AND enjoyable as possible for you.
She has over 5 years of Disney and Non-Disney travel experience and was featured by POPSUGAR as one of the Top 50 Black Disney Creators you should follow.
She is a Proud Native to Baltimore, Md but always will call Disney World home. You can find her at Disney Tea with V.