The woman who created the Harry Potter universe has inspired so many of us to follow our dreams and live a life with purpose. Over the years, JK Rowling has given us some incredible quotes that are perfect for self-growth.
Whether through her books or through her interviews, there have always been little nuggets to life hidden within her dialogue.
One of my favorite quotes from JK Rowling is:
“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.“
This quote is what sparked me to write this article for you to see just how inspirational this woman is and has been to me.
You may even find a quote that lifts your spirit today and pushes you towards that goal you’ve been putting off.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Inspirational Quotes from JK Rowling: Author of the Harry Potter Series
Now let’s go through some of the best JK Rowling quotes that inspired my journey as a theme park blogger.
1. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.
2. If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
3. Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.
4. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.
5. I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.
Get up to 25% off of your Universal Orlando Vacation with Groupon TODAY!
6. Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation.
7. Imagination, in its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power to that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.
8. I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
9. Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.
10. Harry Potter gave me back self-respect. Harry gave me a job to do that I loved more than anything else.
Check out my latest theme park adventures on Instagram TODAY!
11. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
12. It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
13. You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.
14. If you’re holding out for universal popularity, I’m afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time.
15. I think you have a moral responsibility when you’ve been given far more than you need, to do wise things with it and give intelligently.
16. When people are very damaged, they can often meet the world with a kind of defiance.
17. Failure means a stripping away of the inessential.
18. To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
19. We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
How has JK Rowling Inspired Me as a Writer and Blogger?
Reading the books of J.K. Rowling and the vividness of her imagination, helped me to do what I do today.
Like blogging, writing, and creating content for others to enjoy.
The magic that we think is magic always stems from someone’s idea inside of them.
When you see all of the great inventions, stories, movies and theme parks that have come, it’s because it started from the power within someone’s mind.
It’s a mindset that most great thinkers have to explore possibilities and to think outside the box they’re sometimes forced to live in.
We have the tools to create our own magic because we live in an age of magic.
Innovators such as Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Nikola Tesla, Benjamin Banneker, and J.K. Rowling all contributed to technology and entertainment harnessing this magic inside of them.
Recommended: The Solo Theme Park Traveler’s Guide
My Final Thoughts on the Best JK Rowling Quotes
So, what makes me and you different?
Really the only thing that makes us different is what we decide to do with the time we’re given.
Will we settle for the life that has so-called been thrust upon us OR will we create our own path and go away from the mark like these great innovators and thinkers did?
I definitely want to create my own path and I hope that you would also want to create yours through whatever passion, desire, purpose, or destiny you have upon your life.
A great teacher once said:
Our thoughts become actions. Our actions become habits. Our habits form our character. Our character determines our destiny.John Paul Jackson
All of this correlates with what you do with that power inside of you. Will you go on a path to create a destiny filled with poverty or one of drought?
I challenge you to go out and harness that power inside of you. It’s time for you to walk into your destiny and transform the world around you.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original Article Date: May 21, 2017/Updated June 23, 2023)