You’ve been warned! was the tagline of Halloween Horror Nights 2014 in Orlando.
Fans would agree that the 24th year of this haunted event was one-of-a- kind with words such “awesome,” “epic,” “immersive,” and “thrilling!”
2014 would be another year filled with even more Intellectual Properties (IP) and very little original concept mazes.
With eight (8) houses and two (2) shows, 2014 would be dubbed as having some of the highest-rated content in Halloween Horror Nights history.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Story
Universal made its first inclination of the event in March of 2014 by announcing the number of houses. However, it wouldn’t be until June 10, 2014 where the first house would be announced.
It would be stated that The Walking Dead would be returning for a third year in a row.
Due keep in mind that this series was extremely popular at the time.
This year The Walking Dead maze would be located inside Soundstage 25, a set that had never been used for HHN before in order to accommodate the large size of this particular house.
Another unique element of HHN 24 is that there would be no Icon and no real theme for that year. A tradition most fans of the event had come to enjoy and expect.
Get YOUR Halloween Horror Nights Tickets with The Park Prodigy TODAY!
Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Dates
- September: 19th, 20th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th
- October: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 29th, 30th, 31st
- November: 1st
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Houses
Now that we know a little bit of the backstory, let’s go through the haunted houses, street experiences and the shows that were a part of Halloween Horror Nights 2014.
1. The Walking Dead: The End of the Line
This was the largest maze ever created at Halloween Horror Nights that took guests through key scenes from the fourth season.
Classic scenes such as the Sanctuary at Terminus a.k.a West Georgia Correctional Facility and the iconic helicopter crash.
The Walking Dead 2014 house would hold the most scareactors in history in order to make guests experience an intense battle for survival as there would be walkers come at you from all angles.
2. From Dusk Till Dawn
Located inside Soundstage 22, this house would take guests through the hit El Rey Network TV series of 2014. This house had lots of gore and distraction scares where guest would be lured by beautiful vampiric sirens.
You would’ve also walked through a remote biker bar that had an ancient race of blood thirsty vampires waiting beneath it just for you.
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
3. Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood
This house was located in Soundstage 24 as a “preview” to the movie which wouldn’t be released until October 10, 2014.
Inside this maze, guests would go through the horrific transformation of Vlad the Impaler to the monstrous Dracula.
4. AVP: Alien vs. Predator
This house was announced on August 4, 2014 as Universal’s collaboration with 20th Century Fox to bring you the classic battle inside Soundstage 24.
Universal Creative Team took guests right in the middle of this epic battle complete with state-of-the-art puppetry mixed with special effects.
During the battle, guests would go through epic scenes from both movies such as the chest-bursting alien.
This was probably the best house to fans of HHN 24.
On August 28, 2014, the final house IP house was announced. This time guests would come face-to-face with Michael Myers!
This maze was located in Sprung Tent 2 and would take you through the progression of how Michael Myers became the murderous psychopath that he is known for today.
6. Dollhouse of the Damned
This was one of only three original concept houses at HHN 24 and was located inside of a Sprung Tent.
Dollhouse of the Damned took guests through evil, decaying walls where the malicious participants in this house would damn any souls that walked through the doors.
In general, dolls are just creepy and for Universal to accompany this storyline with a life-size eerie dollhouse would be enough for any guest to hurry up and turn away.
7 – Giggles and Gore Inc.
According to Universal, Evil clowns are not born…they are made. People are stretched, smashed, and eviscerated. Faces are peeled off, voice boxes are torn out, and bodies are stuffed with…other bodies.
And that’s exactly the terror the maniacal clowns wanted you to feel inside this house.
8. Roanoke: Cannibal Colony
In this original house, guests would go through the settlement of 16th Century Roanoke to try to escape the cannibalistic community.
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Scarezones/Street Experiences
- Face Off – In the Flesh This scarezone was based off of the gruesome character creations seen on SyFy’s hit show “Face Off.”
- The Purge: Anarchy This scarezone was based off the hit movie, The Purge, and took guests through extreme pandemonium with no laws to govern them for 24 hours leaving guests as possible victim. This year Universal Scareactors would look like guest who would then be pulled on stage to be purged!
- MASKerade: Unstitched Guests would see impressive ballroom flare that would quickly turn into gruesome images of human heads inside large candles and lifeless appendages hanging.
- Bayou of Blood Took guests directly to ‘Mamba,” the legendary practitioner of the dark arts. The show would later be closed due to various complaints from guests about the ritual sacrifice.
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Live Shows
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure This year the famous duo would get inspiration from movies such as Neighbors and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – A Tribute Let’s do the Time Warp again! This show made its annual debut with tribute to the cult classic film.
Rides Open During HHN 24
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Men in Black Alien Attack
- Revenge of the Mummy
- The Simpsons
- Transformers The Ride 3-D
Final Thoughts on HHN 24
The pumpkins, the scarecrows, and oh yeah the bloody human organs that layer the streets of Universal Studios were all fun treats the HHN 24 festivities.
2014 was definitely a year to be remember at this Universal Studios haunted event. I am excited to be able to experience the continued success of this Halloween franchise and hope that you’ll be able to experience it too.
For more information on the houses, shows, pricing, policies, and times please visit the official Halloween Horror Nights website.
You can read the full history of Halloween Horror Nights with this book below.
If you liked this article, then you’ll enjoy theses!
- HHN Passholder Perks
- Halloween Horror Nights vs. Howl-O-Scream
- 21 HHN Frequently Asked Questions
- My Solo Halloween Horror Nights Trip Report 2013
- Halloween Horror Nights Survival Guide
- 1992 Halloween Horror Nights
- 1993 Halloween Horror Nights
Let me know what your favorite Halloween Horror Nights maze and scarezone is of all time in the comments section below!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original Article Date: September 18, 2014/Updated July 19, 2022)