Question of the week: Where are Disney’s Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations?
If you’re a Disney guest with an environmentally friendly vehicle, then you’ll be happy to know that there are electric car charging stations at Disney World.
Disney has ChargePoint charging stations located throughout the Resort in the parking lots of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, and Disney Springs.
All you have to do is ask a Cast Member at the parking gate for directions to these charge ports.
The charging stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Disney World
If you plan on using the charging stations at Walt Disney World, then your fee will depend on the length of time you will be charging your vehicle and how fast you will be charging it.
Magic Kingdom Electric Car Charging Stations
- 5 spaces: 1 space at the front of the Jafar Parking Lot and 4 spaces at the front of the Zurg Parking Lot
Epcot Electric Car Charging Stations
- 4 spaces at the front of the Journey Parking Lot
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Electric Car Charging Stations
- 4 spaces in the Medical Parking Lot
Disney Springs Electric Car Charging Stations
- 6 spaces: 3 on the 5th floor of the Orange Garage and 3 on the 5th floor of the Lime Garage
Hollywood Studios Electric Car Charging Stations
- 4 spaces close to the security check point at Hollywood Studios
You can view all the electric vehicle parking stations throughout Walt Disney World Resort here!
View this post on Instagram
How to use the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Disney World?
There are multiple ChargePoint stations beyond the Disney Parks and throughout the Disney area hotels.
You can use the ChargePoint app to see if there are any open charging stations before you go through the park gates.
In order to use these stations, you have to:
- Download the ChargePoint app
- Enter a credit card (or you can pre-ordered ChargePoint card)
- Tap your phone or ChargePoint card to the reader
- The charging cable will unlock
- Connect charging cable your electric vehicle (please note that your car may need a special adaptor to connect the cable)
- Head into the park and enjoy your day!
- Once your vehicle is fully charged, you will get a “ping” to let you know that your car is ready
- That’s it!
Hipster Power Tip: If you have a Tesla, then you’ll need a special adaptor port for Disney.
You can get your own Tesla trip planner here.
How much does it cost to use the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Disney?
The cost is $0.35 per kilowatt hour. A minimum service amount of $1.50 is required. Charging will stop once your vehicle’s battery is fully charged.
Disney World Parking Secrets and Tips for Your Electric Car
- Beware that you may be parked longer than needed for charging your car if you plan on having a full day at the park
- The ChargePoint stations have a slow charging speed around 25 miles of range every hour
- Use a power charging station before you get to the parks to save charging time if you have something like a Tesla
- Move your car from the charging space as soon as it is fully charged to give someone else the opportunity to charge — it’s just a courtesy to your fellow Disney peeps
- Remember that using the charge stations will mean that you’ll have to go back to the car lot to remove your vehicle
- Have the ChargePoint app downloaded to check space availability at the parks
- You will pay the standard Disney World parking fees to enter the EV charging stations
Hipster Power Tip: Annual Passholders can still take advantage of their free parking perk while using EV charging stations. However, you will have to pay the EV charging fees mentioned earlier in this article.
Final Thoughts on Electric Car Charging Stations at Disney
I hope I was able to help you understanding the pros and cons of using the charging stations at Disney World for your next trip.
Get more of your Disney questions answered below:
- What should I pack for a day at a theme park?
- Are Disney pools heated?
- How does Walt Disney World Free Dining Plan work?
- What are Tips for Doing Walt Disney World on a Budget
- How to do Magic Kingdom as an Adult?
- How to Plan for a Solo Day at a Theme Park?
- What are ways to do Walt Disney World for free?
Want more Disney theme park tips? Check out the theme park tips page.
Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Don’t forget to discover the new magical and mysterious Disney adventure of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
For more theme park news, discounts, tips and guides, subscribe to the newsletter!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date April 2018/Updated July 2019)