The Pop Century Resort is a nostalgic hotel on Walt Disney World property. I found this resort while scrolling through the Hotels .com app and decided to check it out for a quick staycation.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
At this Disney Value Resort, you can expect, iconic 20th century popular culture found all over the property like a four-story Rubik’s Cubes and Duncan Yo-Yos, 65-foot-tall bowling pins and 55-foot cellular phones, to name a few.
Also, each building in Pop Century Resort is dedicated to a specific decade such as:
- Be-bopping in the 1950s
- A swirl of color in the 1960s
- Big Wheel, Big Cheese in the ’70s
- Popular puzzles, tunes “on-the-go” in the ’80s
- Technology advances in the ’90s
ORDER NOW to secure your Orlando theme park ticket reservation in the parks! GET MY TICKETS.
Disney Pop Century Resort Review – Standard Room
I booked a standard room at Disney’s Pop Century Resort for a single night at $117.44 (tax and fees included in this price). Check-in was smooth and the staff at the front desk were amazing!
Each Cast Member was friendly, upbeat, and helpful. They even walked up to me to greet me and take me over to their particular computer area for check-in.
Such a nice Disney touch!
I was in the 50’s section of the resort and at the time they were not renovated, but the 80’s & 90’s were completely done.
The resort does have a classic motel feel to it, with exterior entrances to the room.
Pop Century Resort Standard Room
Overall, the room was meh… Not to be harsh as I understand that full resort refurbishment was going on at the time of my stay.
With that being said, the room was still too small, about 260 sq. feet. Both the bathroom and the actual room looked dated.
On the bright side, everything was clean and organized. However, there were no doors in the dressing area near the sink and the beds were springy and hard.
Many of those qualms I have changed and you can see them in this video below.
Pop Century Resort Pool
The pools were nice and I liked the themes surrounding the area with a 1960’s Hippy Dippy Pool that has flower-shaped water jets, a smaller 1950’s Bowling Pool and a 1990’s Computer.
This unique aqua theming made the pool areas my favorite part of the resort!
The pool area is in the center of Pop Century Resort so you can expect to hear many families laughing and screaming throughout the day in the pool area.
So, you may want to get a room that is not facing the pool on your Disney vacation.
Resort Pool Hours
According to Disney, Pop Century Resort pool hours and lifeguard availability vary by pool and are subject to change.
Please note that you do receive complimentary towels which are provided at all pools.
What to Know Before You Go
Before you make you way out to Disney’s Pop Century Resort, let’s go over a few things to expect while you’re there.
What is Disney’s Pop Century Address?
The address for this Disney Resort Hotel is 1050 Century Drive Century Drive, Orlando, FL 32830.
What I liked the most about this resort was the location.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort is located about 5 minutes (driving) from Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 10 minutes (driving) from Epcot/Animal Kingdom, and about 15 minutes (driving) from the Magic Kingdom.
Learn how to find your perfect vacation home rental near Disney World by Clicking HERE!
Pop Century Resort Accommodations
There are 2,880 resort rooms that are 260 square feet. Each standard room contains:
- two double beds or one king bed
- a table and two chairs
- vanity area and sink with separate bathroom
- 27-inch color television
- in-room wall safe
- telephones with voice mail and data port
- room furnishings with custom-designs and themed bed coverings, wall art and wallpaper borders
Hipster Power Tip: The Pop Century Preferred Resort Room is a bit higher in cost purely based on the location of the room. These rooms are located closer to the dining, shopping, and transportation area of the resort.
Pop Century Food and Beverage Options
You can grab food from the Everything Pop food court area. There’s also the option to have pizza delivered to your resort room.
The option is to grab a bite at the Petals Pool Bar located next to Hippy Dippy Pool.
Pop Century Resort Map
Shopping Options at Pop Century Resort
You can enjoy shopping in the 5,000-square-foot retail center inside Classic Hall. This store offers resort-specific merchandise and Walt Disney World souvenirs.
8 Fun Facts About Pop Century Resort You Should Know!
- The bowling pin icons tower more than 65 feet high.
- There are nine bowling pins standing around the resort. The 10th is the bowling pin pool in the courtyard.
- The pool deck around the bowling pin pool has triangular lane markings that are seen on bowling alleys.
- Take note of the Rubik’s Cube icon that is 41 feet off the ground.
- Pop Century Resort’s 8-track tapes are more than 35 feet tall.
- The table soccer players are more than 12 feet tall.
- Nearly 125,000 gallons of paint were used to create the bright colors of the resort’s interior and exterior walls.
- The 1950s bowling pin pool, the laundry looks like a bowling shoe storage bin. While the 1990s, an equipment building appears to be a stack of computer floppy disks.
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
Before we end this review, let’s go through the Pros and Cons of Disney’s Pop Century Resort.
- Affordable price
- Free parking
- Great toiletries
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Disney transportation with the buses
- Convenient location
- Very small bathroom
- Uncomfortable beds
- No coffee maker in the room that have not been refurbished
- Dated rooms
I’m not sure if I would come back and stay here. I would only visit if I was able to stay in one of the renovated rooms.
I give this resort 3.0 out of 5.0 stars, mainly because of its convenience.
Not too bad of a place to stay on your solo Disney vacation, but if you’re on a budget, this will work out fine for you. I had no real issues besides the size and feel of the hotel room.
Hipster Power Tip: Don’t forget to go through the hotel lobby and check out the fun collection of toys from the different decades on the walls!
Let me know if you’ve ever stayed here and what your experience was in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- 19 Reasons You’ll Love CLC Regal Oaks Resort
- 7 Best Pools at Disney World Resorts You Have to See!
- 5 BEST Orlando Family Resorts with a Water Park Close to Disney World
- 3 BEST Disney Moderate Resorts for Solo Travelers
- 11 Best Resorts in Orlando That Are Not Disney
- 5 Best Disney Resorts for Solo Travelers (Great Places to Travel Alone)
- The Ultimate Guide to the Three Disney World Monorail Resorts
Planning a trip soon? If so, read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date February 2018/Updated September 24, 2021)