Have you heard of Disney’s MagicBand? What is it and how it is going to change your Disney trip?
Today I have a real treat for you— we are going to go over everything you need to know about the MagicBand and how you can use it for your Disney vacation.
In this episode, I take you through how the MagicBand works at Disney and the different ways you can use it.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Listen to Episode 65 About the Walt Disney World MagicBand Below
Today We’ll Uncover Everything You Need to Know About Disney’s MagicBand:
- Understanding what is a MagicBand and what it does
- When you need to have the MagicBand
- How the MagicBand works and what you need to know about it
- The safety of your personal data when using the MagicBand
- Where to get and use the MagicBand at Disney
- The different ways you can use the MagicBand
- Ways to get your MagicBand customized
- A few answers to questions about the MagicBand
ORDER NOW to secure your Walt Disney World theme park ticket! GET MY TICKETS.
What is the Disney MagicBand?
The MagicBand is a wristband that acts like your park ticket, your credit card, your room card, and your magical express ticket.
Introduced to the Orlando, Florida Walt Disney World resort location in January of 2013, Disney Magic Bands were a technological solution to a better guest experience.
The idea was: no more carrying around your park tickets, Genie+ reservations, room key, wallet, and credit card all over the parks all day. Why do that when you can wear it all in one place!
In essence, Disney’s Magic Band is a rubber bracelet that will make your pockets lighter and your guest experiences more efficient and convenient.
Essentially, by using the My Disney Experience app or website, or by visiting a concierge or Guest Relations desk, you can link up as much or as little information to your Disney Magic Band as you’d like.
What are the Disney Magic Band Colors?
Below are the standard solid colors to choose from.
- Gray (default color)
Ready to plan your theme park trip? Watch the best vacation planning tips on YouTube. Get started here!
How to Use Your Magic Band
- Step 1: Book a Disney Resort visit.
- Step 2: About two weeks before your visit, you receive an email reminding you to choose your Disney Magic Band color (either gray, the default color, green, blue, purple, yellow, orange, red, or pink).
- Step 3: Personalize the inside of the Magic Bands with your name/text of their choice.
- Step 4: Have the Disney Magic Bands shipped to their home in preparation for their resort visit.
From 2013 until now, this process has been the same, and free of charge, for all Walt Disney World resort guests…however, you should know that it is no longer free anymore.
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing me here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!