Do you want to try food from some of the BEST restaurants in Downtown Disney? Well look no further!
When it comes to dining at the Disneyland Resort everyone knows about the restaurants inside the park, but there are also some fantastic places to grab a bite to eat at the Downtown Disney District.
In fact, you likely walked by some of them on your way to the theme parks if you’re staying at one of the official Disneyland Resort hotels.
The Downtown Disney District is a small shopping, dining and entertainment complex the connects the main theme park plaza to the resort hotels.
While it’s not nearly as large as its Orlando counterpart, Disney Springs, it does still pack a punch in the dining department. These are our top five best restaurants at the Downtown Disney District.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
1. Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes
After a long day in the parks or as a break from the hustle and bustle of Main Street U.S.A. nothing sounds better than a thick juicy burger and an over-the-top milkshake.
For those over 21, the restaurant even serves local beer brewed right in Anaheim. This makes it one of the best restaurants in Downtown Disney.
What meals are served at Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes?
Currently Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes serves lunch and dinner. Hours do vary based on the day of the week and the season, so be sure to check the times before heading there.
Here are a few of the most popular items on the Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes’ Menu:
- THE GREG NORMAN: 1/2 pound wagyu beef burger, house buttermilk-dill, blue cheese, arugula
- WAGYU STEAKHOUSE BURGER: wagyu beef, pepper-jack cheese, bacon, crispy onions, A1 sauce, roasted garlic mayo
- BAJA CHICKEN SALAD: cajun grilled chicken breast, lettuce, avocado, corn, salsa verde, bacon, pepper jack cheese, cilantro, pico de gallo, chipotle mayo
- CRISPY CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD: crispy chicken, lettuce, moroccan spice roasted tomatoes, shaved parmesan, croutons, side of caesar dressing
- KOREAN BBQ WINGS: sweet & spicy bbq, scallion, sesame seeds, lime, served with house buttermilk-dill dressing
- MEXICAN HOT SAUCE WINGS: spicy hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles, scallions, served with blue cheese dressing
- CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH: buttermilk coleslaw, cilantro, fresh lime, spicy mayo, Korean bbq
- VEGAN NASHVILLE HOT: breaded portobello, Nashville hot sauce, coleslaw, pickles, on a vegan potato roll
- THE CAKESHAKE®: vanilla frosted rim with rainbow sprinkles topped with a funfetti cake slice, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, whipped cream & a cherry
- BAM BAM SHAKE™: vanilla frosted rim with fruity pebbles topped with a fruity pebbles rice krispy treat, strawberry pop-tart, laffy taffy, whipped cream & a cherry
Is Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes open for late night dining?
Currently, Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes is not open for late night dining. The latest the restaurant is open is 11:00 p.m.
Are discounts offered at Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shake?
The restaurant does offer discounts to Magic Key holders. So, if you’re a part of the program, be sure to take advantage of this discount.
Are reservations needed for Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shake?
Reservations are highly recommended for Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes. The restaurant does fill up quickly on weekends, but they may be able to accommodate some walk-up seating outside.
My foodie recommendations for you:
The menu for Blacktap Craft Burgers and Shakes is the same for lunch and dinner so there’s no need to worry about a special burger being on one menu versus the other.
My favorites from the menu are the fried pickles with house made buttermilk and dill dipping sauce, and the Mexico City burger which is piled high with pepper jack cheese, pickled jalapeños, onion rings and chipotle mayo.
Get Your Discounted Disneyland Tickets here!
2. Naples Ristorante e Bar
Have a pizza party just down the walkway from Disneyland Park at Napes Ristorante e Bar. The large restaurant is known for its wood fired pizzas, house made pastas, and decadent Italian desserts.
Whatever you order at Naples Risorante e Bar, you’re sure to enjoy it.
What meals are served at Naples Ristorante e Bar?
Naples Ristorante e Bar is open for lunch and dinner, with the delicious Italian menus being the same for each service.
Here are a few of the most popular items on the Naples Ristorante e Bar Menu:
- Finocchiona: includes Finocchiona Salame, Sautéed Onions, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese
- Quattro Formaggi: fresh Mozzarella, Fontina, Provolone, Parmesan, fresh Tomatoes, Basil
- Pollo alla Parmigiana: Breaded Chicken, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Spaghetti with Marinara
- Mushroom Ravioli: Creamy Tomato Sauce, Parmesan Cheese
- Mouse Cake with chocolate sauce
- Pink French: Domaine de Cala Rose, Botnist Gin, St. Germain, Lavender, Rosemary
Is Naples Ristorante e Bar open for late night dining?
No, the restaurant is currently not open for late night dining. Currently, the last seating is at 9:30 p.m.
Are discounts offered at Naples Ristorante e Bar?
Yes, if you’re a Magic Key holder, then you can get 10 percent off of your bill at the restaurant.
Are reservations needed for Naples Ristorante e Bar?
Reservations are highly recommended for Naples Ristorante e Bar. If you don’t have a reservation you can try to sit outside or order the same food from the to-go window next door.
My foodie recommendations for you:
I always start with the aracini, which are saffron risotto balls with sausage ragout and tomato sauce. Then order a Quattro Formaggi pizza where size is determined by the amount of people with us.
The pizza is topped with fresh mozzarella, fontina, provolone, and parmesan cheeses, fresh tomatoes, and basil.
3. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
If you’re looking for a classy spot with plenty of New Orleans and Southern flair consider Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen. Dishes are all served with a side of southern hospitality and a bit of a kick from creole seasoning.
You’ll also love the charming Louisiana traditions come to life in the food, music and decor!
What meals are served at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen?
Lunch and dinner are both served at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen. Whatever time you dine you won’t be disappointed.
Here are a few of the most popular items on the Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Menu:
- Gumbo Ya-Ya: Andouille sausage, roasted chicken, holy trinity, simmered with Creole seasonings in a rich dark roux thickened broth, served over green onion rice
- Louisiana Crawfish Spring Rolls: Fire-roasted corn relish, chili-garlic dipping sauce
- Popcorn Calamari: served with housemade Creole mustard aioli and marinara sauce
- Pasta Jambalaya: A New Orleans favorite and Jazz Kitchen signature dish! Gulf shrimp, andouille sausage, roasted chicken, Creole seasoning with spinach fettuccine
- NOLA BBQ Shrimp & Grits: Gulf shrimp simmered in a “New Orleans” barbecue sauce with roasted garlic, lemon served over andouille sausage-parmesan grits
- Blackened Chicken “Mac & Cheese”: Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, oven roasted tomatoes, baby arugula, penne pasta, smoked gouda cream sauce, rosemary garlic ciabatta bread
- Bananas Foster Glazed Beignets: Banana rum icing, cinnamon sugar dust caramel drizzle, vanilla bean creme anglaise
- Cat-5 Hurricane: DonQ Run, Myer’s Rum, orange and pineapple juices, grenadine, float of Don Q 151 Rum
Is Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen open for late night dining?
Sort of. The restaurant closes at 10:30 p.m. on weekends, which is the perfect time to order a basket of beignets after leaving the parks.
Are discounts offered at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen?
Yes, Magic Key Holders and Disney Vacation Club members are privy to discounts at the restaurant.
Are reservations needed for Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen?
Reservations are recommended here, especially on the busier weekend days, but you can often get seated quickly without a reservation if you choose to dine during off-peak times or right when the restaurant opens.
My foodie recommendations:
The food at Ralph Brennan’s is quite eclectic and is inspired by New Orleans cuisine. To start we love the Louisiana Crawfish Spring rolls, which is served with a fire roasted corn relish and a chile-garlic dipping sauce.
The BBQ shrimp and grits is a good choice for a hearty lunch or dinner, and don’t forget to order a basket of beignets to share.
4. Tortilla Jo’s
If you’re craving Tex-Mex then head to Tortilla Jo’s where south-of-the-boarder flavors are highlighted.
The restaurant is known for its selection of over 100 different tequilas in various expressions. This makes it one of the best restaurants in Downtown Disney.
What meals are served at Tortilla Jo’s?
Lunch and dinner are both served at Tortilla Jo’s. Breakfast is currently served on Saturdays and Sundays only which makes it a great place to start for your Disneyland adventure.
Here are a few of the most popular items on the Tortilla Jo’s Menu:
- Guacamole: Haas Avocados, Onions, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Chile Serranos, Lime Juice, prepared to your liking
- Baja Ceviche: Wild Mexican Shrimp, fresh Market Fish, Cucumber, Lime Juice, Serrano Chile, Onion, Cilantro, Avocado
- Jo’s Baja Salad Bowl: Grilled Chicken or Steak, Black Beans, Mexican Rice, Lettuce, Monterey Jack Cheese, Pico de Gallo, fresh Guacamole, Corn, Sour Cream, Mexican Romesco Dressing
- Tacos de Pollo: Achiote Marinated Grilled Chicken and Onion-Cilantro Mix
- Pork Carnitas Burrito: Citrus Braised Pork, Refried Beans, Monterey Jack Cheese topped with Salsa Verde
- Fajita Fiesta with Grilled Chicken: Sautéed Peppers, Onions, and fresh Oregano served on a sizzling skillet, served with Refried Beans or Black Beans, Mexican Rice, Guacamole, and Sour Cream
- Flautas Platter: Shredded Chicken or Beef rolled into two crispy Flour Tortillas and served with Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Guacamole, and Pico de Gallo
- Crispy Taco: Shredded Chicken or Beef, Lettuce, Cotija Cheese, Pico de Gallo, and a Corn Tortilla
- Chicken Tamale: Cilantro-Pasilla Marinated Chicken, Salsa Verde, and Cotija Cheese
- Jo’s Casa Margarita: Tortilla Jo’s own 100% Blue Agave Tequila and Jo’s Margarita Mix served on the rocks or blended
Is Tortilla Jo’s open for late night dining?
No, Tortilla Jo’s isn’t open for late night dining.
Are discounts offered at Tortilla Jo’s?
Yes, both Magic Key holders and Disney Vacation Club members get a discount at Tortilla Jo’s.
Are reservations needed for Tortilla Jo’s?
You should do your best to snag a reservation, but there may be walk-up availability throughout the day.
My foodie recommendations:
Some of my favorite dishes at Tortilla Jo’s include the Baja Ceviche with shrimp and fresh fish, and the carnitas tacos.
If you’re really hungry, then the combination plates where you can pick two Tex-Mex flavors are the way to go.
5. Uva Bar and Cafe
For a taste of the California lifestyle head to Uva Bar and Cafe. The restaurant is located right next to Catal and serves Cal-Mediterranean and Spanish-style tapas, burgers, salads, and more.
The beautiful outdoor seating area is enough to add it to your Disney foodie list.
What meals are served at Uva Bar and Cafe?
Lunch and dinner are both served at Uva Bar and Cafe with breakfast being served Monday through Friday.
Here are a few of the most popular items on the Uva Bar and Cafe Menu:
- CORN AREPAS: Fried corn cakes topped with carnitas, guacamole, cilantro and red onion
- CARNE ASADA FRIES: Uva garlic fries, marinated steak, cheese, pico de gallo, salsa verde, spicy aioli and Cotija cheese
- BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER: roasted cauliflower, blue cheese, heirloom carrots, celery, fermented habanero buffalo sauce, pickled golden raisins
- SEA SALT GARLIC FRIES: Ketchup, buttermilk ranch
- ALL-AMERICAN BURGER: Angus beef patty, applewood smoked bacon, onion strings, cheddar, BBQ sauce
- CHILAQUILES: ranchero sauce, crispy potato, mozzarella, crushed avocado, bilbao chorizo, fried egg, spicy crema, cotija (Breakfast Only)
- CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH: Rumchata, Fireball, cinnamon toast crunch rim
Is Uva Bar and Cafe open for late night dining?
No, the restaurant is not currently open for late night dining.
Are discounts offered at Uva Bar and Cafe?
Magic Key holders and Disney Vacation Club members are eligible for a discount here.
Are reservations needed for Uva Bar and Cafe?
Yes, reservations are recommended and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
My foodie recommendations:
When there’s loaded fries on the menu I ALWAYS order them, and the carne asada fries at Uva Bar and Cafe are topped with marinated steak, cheese, pico de gallo, salsa verde, spicy aioli, and cotija cheese.
For entrees the fish tacos or chicken gyro are also good choices.
If you’re thinking about making a trip out to any of the parks at the Disneyland Resort in California, then be sure to get your tickets here!
Final Thoughts on the Best Restaurants in Downtown Disney (Anaheim)
As you can see, there are so many fun and unique places to eat in the Downtown Disney District. Before you go remember that:
- Many of the restaurants at the Downtown Disney District also offer first come, first served bar seating. If you can’t get a reservation this is a good option for dining as well.
- Dining at the Downtown Disney District is also easy if you’re staying at one of the onsite hotels, where you can order to-go meals and eat them on the balcony of your hotel room.
Now that you know what the best restaurants are in Downtown Disney, let us know what your favorite spot is in the comments section below.
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- 13 BEST Tips For Your First Time At Disneyland
- Ronto Wrap: What’s So Special About it and Where to Find it in Disney
- What to Wear to Disneyland in July (These Theme Park Outfits Will Help You Decide)
- Secrets Revealed: Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe!
- Disneyland Crowd Tracker: Best Time to Go to Disneyland to Avoid Crowds
- Everything You Need To Know About the Rides Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- How to Plan the BEST California Road Trip Itinerary for 7 Days
About the Author
About the Author
Megan is a theme park expert and frequent traveler to magical places. She covers all things Disney and Universal and runs marathons for fun.
She thinks you can tell a lot about someone by the name of their signature lipstick, and hers is NARS Dragon Girl.