Today I have a real treat for you— we are going to go over everything you need to know about Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream tickets with simple tips and strategies to make your experience easy.
So, are you ready to be paralyzed with terror?
Do you have what it takes to venture out to Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream?
If so, you are in for more than ghostly encounters. I’ve gathered the best tips to help you survive Howl-O-Scream and save money, based on my most memorable past experiences.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on certain links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Listen to the Howl-O-Scream Pass Member Perks & Guide – Podcast Episode 52
In this Podcast Episode I’ll Go Over:
- How to get to Howl-O-Scream in Tampa from Orlando
- What to wear to this Busch Gardens haunted event
- If you should bring kids to the event
- What to expect at Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream
- The difference between Halloween Horror Nights and Howl-O-Scream
2023 Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream Tickets and Prices
- Howl-O-Scream Tickets for a Single-Night starts at $44.99 (early discount price)
- The Howl-O-Scream 2023 Unlimited Admission Tickets start at $104.99 with admission to all nights – this is the best value for you
- Front Line Fear is an upgrade that allows you to get front-of-the-line access to 5 haunted houses of your choice for $69
- Front Line Fear Extreme is another upgrade that allows you to enjoy front-of-the-line access at 5 haunted houses and 8 major thrill rides of your choice for $79
- Ultimate VIP Tour give you admission to Howl-O-Scream and a customizable private tour (up to 7 hours) starting at $249 per person (minimum of two people)
- Behind-the-Scenes Tour: This next tour is one of my favorites as it allows you to tour a haunted house during the day to see what it takes to put this event on and all the little details that you can’t see during the night starting at $29.99
- No BOO Necklace: Allows you to be among the scares without being directly scared by one of the Busch Gardens monsters. This starts at $9 (final details pending).
Busch Gardens Pass Member Perks for Howl-O-Scream Tickets
If you’re a part of the Busch Gardens family, you may be eligible to save up to 55% off on event tickets.
The Single-Night Howl-O-Scream tickets start at $34.99 for Pass Members or Fun Card holders.
If you’re a Pass Member or Fun Card holder, you can sign into your Busch Gardens account to purchase discounted Howl-O-Scream tickets.
Hipster Power Tip: If you’re and Annual Pass PLATINUM MEMBERS, then you can GET FREE ADMISSION ON OPENING WEEKEND of Howl-O-Scream. That’s such a great perk!
Where to buy cheap Howl-O-Scream Tickets?
Now that you know what type of tickets you can get for Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa, I’m going to give you my top four places to find the best deals:
- Groupon: easy to use and there’s always a deal going on
- Busch Gardens Tampa’s Website: it’s the official site so you’ll be able to upgrade your night easily (plus, they’re always putting their tickets on sale)
- Attraction Tickets: they’re popular for giving free gifts with your ticket purchases
- Undercover Tourist: one of the most popular online websites for discount theme park tickets
What to Know Before You Go to Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Let’s go over a few things to think about before you make your way over to Tampa’s Premier Halloween event.
What are the Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream Dates for 2023?
The 2023 Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream dates are select dates from September 8th to October 31st.
What are the Howl-O-Scream Houses and Scarezones?
There are 5 houses, 6 scare zones, 4 shows ( Rock the Grave, The Rolling Bones, Cirque X-Scream and Scare-E-Oke) for the 2023 year.
2023 Howl-O-Scream Houses
- Stranglewood Estate: Evil darkness now fills this once lively home sitting eerily in town…
- The Residence: Home for the Holidays: Don’t let the suburban façade deceive you…
- D.H. Baggum’s Circus of Fear: Join D.H. Baggum as he exposes you to all of his monstrosities that leave you terrified from the nightmarish spectacles in the Circus of Fear!
- Witch of the Woods: Don’t get caught up in this deep, dark forest…
- The Forgotten – Uprising: The underground realm of vampires are waiting on you…
2023 Howl-O-Scream Scare Zones
- RAVENS MILL: Your worst nightmare is hidden within the foliage of the corn field of Raven’s Mill.
- BEYOND THE VEIL: Tucked deeply in the path of Nairobi is an evil presence taking form in the dark forest. Be sure to look out for fairies and orcs on your nighttime stroll.
- THE SHORTCUT: Don’t take the shortcut through the cemetery…
- BIG ED’S DEMOLITION DERBY (NEW): Prepare yourself to enter a twisted world where Big Ed has gathered the roughest, toughest, and meanest baddies from all corners of the event.
- THE JUNKYARD: You don’t want to become one of the scrap parts of the junkyard…do you?
- SIN CITY ZOMBIES (NEW): Located on the outskirts of the bustling Vegas strip, you will find a dilapidated motel that houses exceptional performers and is infested with relentless zombies.
What is Busch Gardens Tampa Address?
The address for Busch Gardens is 10165 N McKinley Drive Tampa, FL 33612.
What are Busch Gardens Tampa Hours?
Busch Gardens usually opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m.; however, during the peak summer days the park may be open until midnight with Howl-O-Scream opening each night at 7 p.m.
Hipster Power Tip: Remember when planning your trip, always check the park’s website or mobile app for the current hours and wait times.
What should I pack for Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream?
- Comfy Shoes
- Small Bag
- Breathable Clothing
- Sun Protection
- Small Umbrella
- Hand Sanitizer
- Park Ticket
You can get the full Theme Park packing checklist here!
When is the best time to visit Howl-O-Scream?
The best time to attend Howl-O-Scream is during the first few opening weeks of the event.
You can read the full Howl-O-Scream guide here!
My Final Thoughts on Your Howl-O-Scream Tickets
You’re really going to have a great time, so try not to stress too much and enjoy the chilling frights of Busch Gardens’ Howl-O-Scream!
I hope this Howl-O-Scream Survival Guide helped you prepare for this year’s event. Remember that it is one of ThemeParkHipster’s favorite fall Florida event.
Let me know what your favorite Howl-O-Scream maze is of all time in the comments section below.
Thanks for Reading and Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question by emailing me here.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love these:
- What to Pack for Howl-O-Scream
- 17 Busch Gardens Must Do’s
- Halloween Horror Nights Survival Guide
- Complete Busch Gardens Guide
- The Complete SeaWorld Guide
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!
(Original date September 16, 2016/Updated September 30, 2023)