For all of my Dark Side Hipsters, the Star Wars Half Marathon is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort April 14-17, 2016. This new Star Wars race will be an intergalactic experience with kids’ races, a 5K and a 10K in addition to the half marathon.
According to Disney Parks Blog, this race will feature a unique 13.1-mile course that propels runners through Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and finishes at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side – Highlights
- Timed Half Marathon race
- 13.1-mile course through the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Entertainment on-course
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment
- Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts
Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side – Race Participants Receive
- Champion®Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women’s or Men’s Cut
- Half Marathon Finisher Medal*
- Official Digital Event Guide*
- Personalized bib (Must register before January 8, 2016 for name to appear on bib)*
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
- Personalized results website
Runners can also participate in two new challenges:
Kessel Run Challenge A coast-to-coast challenge for those who participate in both Star Wars Half Marathons – The Light Side and The Dark Side earning a commemorative medal inspired by the Millennium Falcon spacecraft.
Star Wars Dark Side Challenge For those who run the 10K and the half marathon at Walt Disney World Resort receive a Death Star-theme medal.
Until next time, May the Force Be with You!